2686 64 2022-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I enjoy the Mavic 3, it is a stable drone with a good camera and great flight time BUT this is not why i bought the drone. I bought the drone because of all the advertised features which is to name some but not all. I will be giving the Dji, the benifit till September 2022 to hopefully add/fix the issues with this drone, failing in which i will lodge a claim with our local consumer department for a full refund based on false advertising. I am not going to cry about features that were not spoken of like waypoints etc because this was not advertised but i tire waiting on promised features. This drone launched in November 2021, now we are 6 months on and there are missing features and/or features not performing up to standard.
Dji may have only a 14 return but our local suppliers have to honour what was advertised and sold and i have downloaded and saved the launch video which shows below mentioned features as been part of the drone and no where in the video was it said will be coming in 6 or more months time. It is/was believed that these features will be part of the drone when sold.

• 4G Dongle use for enhanced transmission - DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle Adds One More Layer to Flight Safety
    With the cellular dongle
    [8]
    attached, Mavic 3 can switch to 4G networks for smooth, stable connection when O3+ signals are blocked by buildings, hills, trees, or other structures. During flight, the O3+ transmission system coordinates with 4G transmission and switches seamlessly to ensure a smooth shooting experience.
  • 1080p 200fps
  • faster then ever GPS lock
  • Unparralled Safety capabilities with 360 degree obstacle avoidence
  • A secondary zoom camera for effortless videoing capability
  • Apas 5.0 - Drone very unstable in bypass mode

2022-5-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Basically, the drone does not do what it said it will.

2022-5-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-9 11:11
Basically, the drone does not do what it said it will.

[view_image]

Disappointing to hear your adverse experience.  It will be interesting to hear how you get on with the return,
2022-5-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 5-9 11:13
Disappointing to hear your adverse experience.  It will be interesting to hear how you get on with the return,

Its a nice drone but those that keep quiet and accept false advertising needs to stand up. I paid for features sold including the better camera. I dropped alot of money on this drone like never before because I was hoping Dji will do right hence why I am giving them till September.
2022-5-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-9 11:23
Its a nice drone but those that keep quiet and accept false advertising needs to stand up. I paid for features sold including the better camera. I dropped alot of money on this drone like never before because I was hoping Dji will do right hence why I am giving them till September.

OK. I've no plans to upgrade before then, so I'll keep an eye on your updates
2022-5-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

glad you published this, will be interested to see how it works out for you.  sorta like a buyback where the manufacturer will take the product back.  you shouldn't have any problems.

unfortunately here in america, not quite so easy.  the consumer laws are strong...but not that strong outside the initial period.  you would have to have a product that is covered and then it has to be a lemon as in 3 tries to fix it, etc.

all products have a warranty and if you have a claim, the terms are pretty straightforward and if you disagree, there is arbitration.  some people also have credit card protections that extend for a long time at the issue's discretion.

also i do believe a class action lawsuit is coming so save your receipts for one day.  so many avenues.  hopefully this week is golden week, no?  new drone, new sw.....
2022-5-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I feel your pain Suren. Totally agree with you. Those were the advertised features and that's why most of us bought in based on those features. Dji have failed to implement these features leaving most of us with an un finished product.
2022-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I understood you were running new beta FW , I expected you would know if these missing features or what new features are about to come on the drone improvements etc. From what I have read new features will be coming soon, September seems a long way off.
2022-5-9
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-5-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hans Gruber Posted at 5-9 13:47
Obviously even the new fw doesn't add the promised features or "fixes" the problems as the purportedly were "promised".

and it shouldn't not necessarily.  the new fw should be called "gps improvements" and the fast follower should include promised features maybe incl airsense.  i hope the new fw isn't prolonged trying to add new features.  every day you wait, thousands of new (defect) drones roll out the factory and/or sold to take flight for customers who will never upgrade.
2022-5-9
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 13:03
I understood you were running new beta FW , I expected you would know if these missing features or what new features are about to come on the drone improvements etc. From what I have read new features will be coming soon, September seems a long way off.

The beta firmware improves on the Tele camera's optics and the GPS acquisition time. I think folks will be happy with the improvements. However many of the added features will come via an updated FLY app that no-one I know is testing currently.
2022-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 5-9 14:41
The beta firmware improves on the Tele camera's optics and the GPS acquisition time. I think folks will be happy with the improvements. However many of the added features will come via an updated FLY app that no-one I know is testing currently.

I understand that so hoping suren might have had some better news, but hopefully it will iron itself out soon.
2022-5-9
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren, you know I’m in the same boat as you are.
“Does not what expected of it” is the exact sentiment I’m feeling.
And hearing all those supposedly nice things about m3m, including unlimited vertical tilt, does not make me happier.
I have been pacified a bit by some actions from support and a promise of a few FW patches soon, but if by November the drone will still be lacking what is expected of it, there will be a different story.
2022-5-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 5-9 11:34
OK. I've no plans to upgrade before then, so I'll keep an eye on your updates

2022-5-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 5-9 11:34
glad you published this, will be interested to see how it works out for you.  sorta like a buyback where the manufacturer will take the product back.  you shouldn't have any problems.

unfortunately here in america, not quite so easy.  the consumer laws are strong...but not that strong outside the initial period.  you would have to have a product that is covered and then it has to be a lemon as in 3 tries to fix it, etc.

I am just hoping they do the right thing and give the promised missing features. By September, it would be 10 months so if by then we don't get it then Dji was feeding us Bull
2022-5-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Visual Air Posted at 5-9 12:37
I feel your pain Suren. Totally agree with you. Those were the advertised features and that's why most of us bought in based on those features. Dji have failed to implement these features leaving most of us with an un finished product.

True, and an unfinished product needs to be finished or money returned for failure of promise.
2022-5-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 13:03
I understood you were running new beta FW , I expected you would know if these missing features or what new features are about to come on the drone improvements etc. From what I have read new features will be coming soon, September seems a long way off.

I don't really want to return it that is why I said September, hoping Dji adds the features in by then and giving us use of the 4G dongle, failing in that then I will lodge it with our CGA. I have already informed the dealer I got the drone from of my intentions. I have dropped in total just about $8000NZD with all the stuff that I spent money on with the dealer and others. The beta FW does not give new features, these are where Dji is trying to fix Airsense and GPS which they stuffed up.
2022-5-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DarthSLR Posted at 5-9 15:17
Suren, you know I’m in the same boat as you are.
“Does not what expected of it” is the exact sentiment I’m feeling.
And hearing all those supposedly nice things about m3m, including unlimited vertical tilt, does not make me happier.

I guess there might be many more out there that will be doing same. I have spoken to a few guys and they all feel the same as me. We were promised these features and bought into it so either we get it or get a full refund.
2022-5-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a point, have you checked with your CGA that they support such a long 'trial period'?
I can see the argument that you are hoping that DJI would present updates to fulfil the earlier promise/s but.........
Would you be seeking refunds on the accessories?
What would be the CGA's view of your making post's such as this thread?

2022-5-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-9 22:29
Just a point, have you checked with your CGA that they support such a long 'trial period'?
I can see the argument that you are hoping that DJI would present updates to fulfil the earlier promise/s but.........
Would you be seeking refunds on the accessories?

One of the things that I read on the CGA site is that I have to offer the supplier the opportunity to fix the issues and gave them a reasonable amount of time to rectify. Hence this post
2022-5-9
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

Unfortunately, MAVIC 3 has hardware problems. My assessment of the camera, GPS and obstacle avoidance is mediocre. The camera - the fact is that the lens of the main camera can not completely cover the sensor in photo mode in a ratio of 4/3. The corners are dark. Open the RAW files with any RAW converter, allowing you to turn off the distortion control and you will see the truth. All they do is software to "stretch" the frame, but the hardware can't be good. The sensor even on ISO 100 has noise. Videos in x2 zoom and 4k are rubbish. The topic of the telecamera is not starting again. The pain with GPS is great and we wrote about it for months. Avoiding obstacles - strong words, mediocre result.
In conclusion, at our distributors the price of MAVIC 3 remains steadily lower ... supposedly promotions, but the truth in my opinion is that customers have long understood that MAVIC 3 is not worth the money.
To be honest - other drones, other brands also can not offer a consumer experience that would encourage me to spend mine money.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Watching this thread with interest,   no way here in the UK we could return after 6 months.  some vendors do not even accept returns of drones,  they expect you to deal directly with the manufacturer.  
2022-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 00:50
Watching this thread with interest,   no way here in the UK we could return after 6 months.  some vendors do not even accept returns of drones,  they expect you to deal directly with the manufacturer.

The law here is , you return and the Vendor is given a chance to correct repair and make good on “in this case Drone” if it breaks or is not working correctly due to manufacturing fault , then you are entitled to a refund.

If you look at the whole GPS saga, you’ll see, before 12/12 there was “No GPS” problems. So all hardware was working fine and the only changes were made were software. Did the software physically break the hardware No. also second start up takes between 10/20 seconds to receive 18/20 sats.
If it were a hardware problem then simply returning your drone for a replacement or repair and the problem would be solved. But this is not the case as we have seen some do this and either slight changes or same problem.
So there is no real evidence that is hardware, but we all know a software change was implemented on 12/12 and things changed. The hardware units being used are the same as dji have been using for years and if these or a batch of these were faulty then Im certain they could have easily been rooted out. What we got on this forum was a load of complete fake posts which were clearly proven to be fake and the author was called out and that was the end of that. Looks like we have no choice but to see what further updates bring. But don’t get me wrong this camera and drone are the best consumer drones for both photo and video and there is a noticeable difference with this sensor.
2022-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 5-9 20:20
I don't really want to return it that is why I said September, hoping Dji adds the features in by then and giving us use of the 4G dongle, failing in that then I will lodge it with our CGA. I have already informed the dealer I got the drone from of my intentions. I have dropped in total just about $8000NZD with all the stuff that I spent money on with the dealer and others. The beta FW does not give new features, these are where Dji is trying to fix Airsense and GPS which they stuffed up.

I have my doubts about the dongle, this could be a problem with coms in the country you live in. But the rest GPS Airsense and other promised features if you can get refunded under NZ consumer act, its a good option to have in the bank.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 02:00
The law here is , you return and the Vendor is given a chance to correct repair and make good on “in this case Drone” if it breaks or is not working correctly due to manufacturing fault , then you are entitled to a refund.

If you look at the whole GPS saga, you’ll see, before 12/12 there was “No GPS” problems. So all hardware was working fine and the only changes were made were software. Did the software physically break the hardware No. also second start up takes between 10/20 seconds to receive 18/20 sats.

I think here you could probably claim under the not working as expected rather than faulty as they never advertised how long gps lock would take.   But then you'd only have 14 days to do that.   

Shops like Argos have been getting really snotty about returns here and they now exclude it form their money back guarantees etc.
2022-5-10
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

2022-5-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-9 22:44
One of the things that I read on the CGA site is that I have to offer the supplier the opportunity to fix the issues and gave them a reasonable amount of time to rectify. Hence this post

I am not arguing with you but would suggest that you check with your CGA to see if November to September is considered a reasonable amount of time or too long.
It would be an unpleasant and expensive surprise to find that, come September, they consider it too long a period of time.
2022-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hans Gruber Posted at 5-10 04:06
I don’t think you have any idea about what constitutes a hardware failure or software failure. Just because it “worked” at one point doesn’t mean there isn’t a hardware defect. For instance, if the implementation of promised features leads to the exposure of a defect, or a forced compromise on some things in order to implement others- it could very well be a hardware problem. Your claims are simply based on an hour long rambling Welsh Goblin who as your “White Knight” in an uncharismatic video ultimately laughably said, “I dunno…maybe Beidou?” Yet the fact remains that in a timeframe consistent halfway through the life of their “non” flagship drones- their “flagship” drone is still broken in some fundamental ways after multiple failed promises and failed patches to fix it. You keep saying “we’ll just have to see” and “hopefully it will get sorted out”. Those are useless, empty words based on astoundingly….nothing.

Ditto.

Yes and you keep saying its a Hardware fault, going to the extremes of posting fake articles written by yourself. At the same time letting everyone know you are beta testing what you obviously believe is a hardware problem. You make very little sense and lying is what you constantly do here on this forum.
2022-5-10
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

2022-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hans Gruber Posted at 5-10 04:49
There is no “fake” article written by me. Testing something and having a hardware fault in that device has no correlation with each other. I know it’s difficult letting facts get in the way of your constant rah-rah sales pitches here, but it only serves to make you look more like a tool.

Yeah but it seems you seem to favour stupid lying
2022-5-10
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

2022-5-10
Use props
MikeVi16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 582073 ft
British Virgin Islands

DJI needs to give some sort of refund/credit to all of us who purchased the Mavic 3. To this day my GPS takes 3-5 minutes to acquire the minimum satellites to lock.
2022-5-10
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Hans Gruber Posted at 5-10 04:54
If that is all you have to respond to the facts of the Mavic 3 deficiencies and failings then it is further telling.

“I’m the rubber you’re the glue, bounces off me and sticks to you!”   

NGC how many hours do you spend here trolling? Just curious.
2022-5-10
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

2022-5-10
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

2022-5-10
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I hope everything works out for you as for me though I’ll be keeping my Mavic 3 and not complaining because I’m not that kind of person and the only reason why I actually bought the Mavic 3 was never because of its features like 5.1k video or 360 omnidirectional obstacle avoidance or what you said Dji promised, I bought it because of how it looked and it’s color, I don’t like Dji’s like grey color but the dark grey to me looks very sleek and awesome, also because I liked in videos of how it sounded when in sport mode flying through the air but like I said in the beginning hope all goes well for you.
2022-5-10
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Hans Gruber Posted at 5-10 07:23
Zero. Because I’m not trolling. I’m on here far less than you spend being a little lackey of Hallmark which is your primary function apparently.

It's really unfortunate that you stoop to lying about being a tester for DJI and that they supply you with beta firmware. You have an associate that provides you the firmware and he is the official beta tester.
You are simply given the firmware at which point you back door it to other users with the hope of making friends and coming across like you work directly with DJI. Which you do not.
Tell me why would DJI give you off all people beta firmware when you have been banned from this forum over 25 times?
We actually use our drones and capture creative content. You have never shared any of your work on this forum. Just lies and misinformation is about all your good at.
2022-5-10
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

2022-5-10
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

heh, on the contrary, I ordered a spare mavic 3 for myself ..)
пока доверяю dji.
)  я верю ,что они могут летать ...
2022-5-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope they will focus on fixing instead of releasing.
2022-5-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules