Air 2S won't pair with smart controller
792 12 2022-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rV20CgibbB2O
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4905 ft

United States

So I bought an Air 2S with the Fly More combo. I got it up and running with no problems. That is until I tried sport mode and crashed. So I sent in the drone for care refresh and got a new one sent to me in about a week. Now, the drone will not pair with the smart controller. I only have the smart controller. So I downloaded the DJI Assistant(consumer drone series) in hopes of updating the firmware and fixing the problem. I got the first update that came up loaded with no problem. I am currently at V02.03.0170. Then there was another update listed, V02.04.2150. I have tried multiple times to update to this and every time I get a Network error. The farthest I've gotten is about 33%. I have tried restarting everything, as well as disabling my antivirus during the update and nothing is working. My smart controller is running V01.01.0064

At this point I have a nice, new paperweight. I am beyond frustrated. Can anyone help, please?
2022-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you gone into Aircraft management in settings on the smart controller and added a new drone.   
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the error message for a check? You can try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 to see if it works.
2022-5-10
Use props
Rhees
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-10 01:43
Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the error message for a check? You can try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 to see if it works.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't help. Here is a screen shot of what I get.
2022-5-10
Use props
Rhees
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 00:37
Have you gone into Aircraft management in settings on the smart controller and added a new drone.

Yes. I've tried that and the connect button on the first page and neither works.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rhees Posted at 5-10 04:13
Yes. I've tried that and the connect button on the first page and neither works.

When you hold the power button for 4 seconds to start pairing mode are you getting the beeps.
2022-5-10
Use props
Rhees
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 04:30
When you hold the power button for 4 seconds to start pairing mode are you getting the beeps.

Yes, I'm getting the few beeps from the drone and the continuous beeps from the controller as well. Soooo many beeps. But then....nothing. It just beeps until the controller times out.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rhees Posted at 5-10 08:05
Yes, I'm getting the few beeps from the drone and the continuous beeps from the controller as well. Soooo many beeps. But then....nothing. It just beeps until the controller times out.

Sounds like you need to open a case with DJI then.  
2022-5-10
Use props
Rhees
lvl.1

United States

This just in. I was thinking, "Did I activate my drone on the DJI site?" So I went to do it because I couldn't remember if I did or not and got this:
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rhees Posted at 5-10 04:09
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't help. Here is a screen shot of what I get.[view_image]

After powering on the aircraft, please wait for a moment until a prompt stating “Update Now”  appears in DJI Assistant 2. Do not manually select the version update after the aircraft is connected to DJI Assistant 2. If possible, please test with another cable and computer to see if the upgrade will succeed.
2022-5-12
Use props
Rhees
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-12 04:28
After powering on the aircraft, please wait for a moment until a prompt stating “Update Now”  appears in DJI Assistant 2. Do not manually select the version update after the aircraft is connected to DJI Assistant 2. If possible, please test with another cable and computer to see if the upgrade will succeed.

I did this. I also used different cords and I uninstalled and then reinstalled directly from the website. Still nothing.
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rhees Posted at 5-12 10:42
I did this. I also used different cords and I uninstalled and then reinstalled directly from the website. Still nothing.

May I ask if it's possible for you to test with another computer? If it still does not work, you may start a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-5-13
Use props
Rhees
lvl.1

United States

Success!
So, I had the label printed and the drone in the box. My wife said the internet was down yesterday and she couldn't get any work done. I thought we might need a new router. I held off on going to UPS thinking that a new router might fix the network failure notice I was getting. Before I could get a router I got an email saying that the Cox upgrade was finished and internet had been restored. What?! The internet wasn't working because Cox was fixing some things in my area. So I wondered if this upgrade might fix the network failure problem I was having. It was a long shot since I hadn't noticed problems with any streaming services or any other internet devices. Sure enough, I tried one last time before I went to UPS this morning and the drone updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got it linked up with the smart controller with no problem after that and I have everything on the charger so I can fly later. Thank you all for your help.
2022-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules