This Cinematic Drone Changes EVERYTHING | DJI MINI 3 PRO Review

2022-5-10
Use props
MatthewwBrennan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 859619 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks @DAFlys - you guys are going to love this drone, it's perfection.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MatthewwBrennan Posted at 5-10 05:24
Thanks @DAFlys - you guys are going to love this drone, it's perfection.

Matthew,  can you do me a favour?   Can you test how this drone copes with -90 degrees in photo and video mode.   In photo mode the mini2 couldn't move (even slowly) without the gimbal moving / glitching.   I want to know how stable -90 is on the Mini3.

cheers.
2022-5-10
Use props
MatthewwBrennan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just went out and gave it a quick test @DAFlys .With the gimbal maxed out downwards and upwards, it is very stable when moving. Definitely no glitching.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MatthewwBrennan Posted at 5-10 06:08
Just went out and gave it a quick test @DAFlys .With the gimbal maxed out downwards and upwards, it is very stable when moving. Definitely no glitching.

That great news,   for reference this is how the Mini2 performed -

2022-5-10
Use props
MatthewwBrennan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 06:25
That great news,   for reference this is how the Mini2 performed -

Ouch, you don't want that. Happy to report that doesn't seem to happen with my Mini 3 Pro.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MatthewwBrennan Posted at 5-10 06:53
Ouch, you don't want that. Happy to report that doesn't seem to happen with my Mini 3 Pro.

Brilliant.  thanks for the clarification. DJI and some other owners confirmed this was an issue after the Mini2 launched but no fix ever came.   

I will be upgrading to the Mini3 as soon as Argos has stock (mines a freebie),  and when DJI confirm which controllers will be supported.  
2022-5-10
Use props
MatthewwBrennan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 06:59
Brilliant.  thanks for the clarification. DJI and some other owners confirmed this was an issue after the Mini2 launched but no fix ever came.   

I will be upgrading to the Mini3 as soon as Argos has stock (mines a freebie),  and when DJI confirm which controllers will be supported.

Who doesn't love a freebie? From the info I have the Mini 2 RC will be compatible with the DJI Mini 3 pro.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MatthewwBrennan Posted at 5-10 07:05
Who doesn't love a freebie? From the info I have the Mini 2 RC will be compatible with the DJI Mini 3 pro.

Im more interested in using the RC Pro or long shot the Smart Controller.  I mean its only 5 months old so you'd hope they would support it.  
2022-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another amazing find DA.  

Matthew did a super job reviewing the Mini 3 Pro.  His footage was splendid.  
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 13:47
Another amazing find DA.  

Yes,  Matthew has been super helpful.
2022-5-10
Use props
MatthewwBrennan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 13:47
Another amazing find DA.  

Thank you - appreciate that!
2022-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 23:12
Yes,  Matthew has been super helpful.

He certainly is.  I saw where you requested something and a very short time later he was able to assist.  
2022-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MatthewwBrennan Posted at 5-11 01:03
Thank you - appreciate that!

My pleasure Matthew.    Keep up the fantastic work.
2022-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 12:19
He certainly is.  I saw where you requested something and a very short time later he was able to assist.

Yes,  He really answered the one big question that had me on the fence about the upgrade.   As I shoot a lot of -90 I really needed a gimbal that can do that like the M2P did   
2022-5-11
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

thanks for sharing...
2022-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 23:16
Yes,  He really answered the one big question that had me on the fence about the upgrade.   As I shoot a lot of -90 I really needed a gimbal that can do that like the M2P did

Thanks to that new design on the Mini 3 Pro that now appears to not be an issue any longer.  
2022-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs Frontliner 2020
2022-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 11:29
Thanks to that new design on the Mini 3 Pro that now appears to not be an issue any longer.

Which really only leaves me one concern which is the range of the new controller.    At least I have the other controller already if it was an issue.  
2022-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 23:38
Which really only leaves me one concern which is the range of the new controller.    At least I have the other controller already if it was an issue.

I think the FCC model will have a stronger signal than the CE version but it shouldn't be an issue for you.  Besides I never fly BVLOS.  So range shouldn't be an issue for me.
2022-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 03:53
I think the FCC model will have a stronger signal than the CE version but it shouldn't be an issue for you.  Besides I never fly BVLOS.  So range shouldn't be an issue for me.

Yes,  FCC always has more power than are silly rules.  
2022-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 00:37
Yes,  FCC always has more power than are silly rules.

Agree on that being a silly rule.
2022-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 05:43
Agree on that being a silly rule.

It does make me laugh,  in the comments on YouTube of every single Mini 3 video there are many people begging for a range test
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 00:32
It does make me laugh,  in the comments on YouTube of every single Mini 3 video there are many people begging for a range test

I noticed that also.  I guess I'm one of the few flyers that isn't worried about range.  I just can't see a drone that far away anyway and I do try to stay withing VLOS at all times.  

I'm sure somebody will do a range test soon and then somebody else will try to beat that person's record.  The challenge to 1 up somebody never goes away.
2022-5-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 05:11
I noticed that also.  I guess I'm one of the few flyers that isn't worried about range.  I just can't see a drone that far away anyway and I do try to stay withing VLOS at all times.  

I'm sure somebody will do a range test soon and then somebody else will try to beat that person's record.  The challenge to 1 up somebody never goes away.

Its not so much for the range for me, the extra you get from using FCC is the stronger signal for going around structures etc, it does make a difference, its a stupid rule but i do know why we have it, its due to the home wifi, it blocks it out, a bit like keying up on a powerful CB and knocking out the TV, but that's only because of the stupid rules again, if our routers weren't so blooming low powered, whoever makes these rules up needs a kick up the @ss.
PS, i know it blocks the wifi on FCC in the UK, no need to ask me how i know lol
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-15 05:16
Its not so much for the range for me, the extra you get from using FCC is the stronger signal for going around structures etc, it does make a difference, its a stupid rule but i do know why we have it, its due to the home wifi, it blocks it out, a bit like keying up on a powerful CB and knocking out the TV, but that's only because of the stupid rules again, if our routers weren't so blooming low powered, whoever makes these rules up needs a kick up the @ss.
PS, i know it blocks the wifi on FCC in the UK, no need to ask me how i know lol

I want ask.    
2022-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 05:11
I noticed that also.  I guess I'm one of the few flyers that isn't worried about range.  I just can't see a drone that far away anyway and I do try to stay withing VLOS at all times.  

In DC Rainmakers video though he was loosing connection at like 300 meters so he wasnt even pushing it that far.   Theres some discussion that the battery full load error is related to the battery overheating and causing other issues like the poor connection.
2022-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-15 05:16
Its not so much for the range for me, the extra you get from using FCC is the stronger signal for going around structures etc, it does make a difference, its a stupid rule but i do know why we have it, its due to the home wifi, it blocks it out, a bit like keying up on a powerful CB and knocking out the TV, but that's only because of the stupid rules again, if our routers weren't so blooming low powered, whoever makes these rules up needs a kick up the @ss.
PS, i know it blocks the wifi on FCC in the UK, no need to ask me how i know lol

Did you see GavinHRs test of FCC,  he actually got ofcom to grant him permission for the test.
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 23:28
In DC Rainmakers video though he was loosing connection at like 300 meters so he wasnt even pushing it that far.   Theres some discussion that the battery full load error is related to the battery overheating and causing other issues like the poor connection.

I wonder if the extended batteries will experience the same issues?
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:40
I wonder if the extended batteries will experience the same issues?

50/50 they are better or the same.
2022-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:02
50/50 they are better or the same.

Unfortunately, not going to see extended batteries here in US until late June.  That could change but it appears that US and Canada are both experiencing a 2 week delay in getting products from China at this time.  Could be due to the port back ups on the West Coast.  
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 12:46
Unfortunately, not going to see extended batteries here in US until late June.  That could change but it appears that US and Canada are both experiencing a 2 week delay in getting products from China at this time.  Could be due to the port back ups on the West Coast.

Im wondering if thats why the fly more combo is not available here yet either.   
2022-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 22:53
Im wondering if thats why the fly more combo is not available here yet either.

Could well be, but then again UK/EU got shipments and sales started earlier than here in the states.
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 03:18
Could well be, but then again UK/EU got shipments and sales started earlier than here in the states.

Bill the drone reviewer says its down to a change in import laws for you guys,  but Ive also seen that they are waiting on FCC approval,  but then I would have assumed they wouldn't be shipping at all yet as dont they get printed with a FCC ID number.  
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 22:55
Bill the drone reviewer says its down to a change in import laws for you guys,  but Ive also seen that they are waiting on FCC approval,  but then I would have assumed they wouldn't be shipping at all yet as dont they get printed with a FCC ID number.

Per the FCC web site the Mini 3 Pro got approval on May 12.  At least that is what the FCC Grant states at the bottom of this page:

https://fccid.io/SS3-MT3M3VD

2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 03:02
Per the FCC web site the Mini 3 Pro got approval on May 12.  At least that is what the FCC Grant states at the bottom of this page:

https://fccid.io/SS3-MT3M3VD

My new controller shows the fcc approval but that could have come with the last firmware.  
2022-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 09:57
My new controller shows the fcc approval but that could have come with the last firmware.

That's very true, especially since the FW update came out after the FCC approval by about a week.
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 12:06
That's very true, especially since the FW update came out after the FCC approval by about a week.

I suspect its a ploy then to sell more drones direct as they are slower getting them out due to the lack of staff.
2022-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 22:27
I suspect its a ploy then to sell more drones direct as they are slower getting them out due to the lack of staff.

Better profit off direct sales.  
2022-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-20 03:08
Better profit off direct sales.

here's a guy on YouTube in the USA that got his Mini3 from Best Buy,   He was asked in the comments which one and he posted a link to the store in NY and said ask for Maria,  thats who served me.   Hes now doing range tests to 11000ft and suggesting the eu drones are crippled by dji.
2022-5-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules