Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 12:23
Personally I think DJI are legally on weak ground selling the same drone in eu with no accessories vs other countries with accessories trying to defeat the MTOM Rules.

well, at least i will have one regular battery and i guess i'll have to keep it just in case i need it.

in the u.s. there is absolutely no use for the regular battery (that i know of) and i had plans to sell it as new....i am already faa registered and there's no going back.  flying a drone without a registration number is not my thing even if it is exempt.
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-16 12:41
well, at least i will have one regular battery and i guess i'll have to keep it just in case i need it.

in the u.s. there is absolutely no use for the regular battery (that i know of) and i had plans to sell it as new....i am already faa registered and there's no going back.  flying a drone without a registration number is not my thing even if it is exempt.

So really we need more official clarity from DJI.  
2022-5-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I cannot see an outsider getting past the 250g rule with the extended battery, they will be locked just like us, it will be based on Geolocation, and you will be grounded whilst its installed.
Lets just hope and pray for a miracle ;)

I also cannot see retrospective applying here or to any drone already on the market. Heck, I've been wrong before, i swore that the MIni 3 with controller would never be as low as 800 odd lol i was expecting at least £1100 but that was based on the RC Pro

Also, whilst yes, we (UK) left the EU, we will for the most part follow whats set out by the EASA

I don't think its weak ground. I expected (hoped for) this from the get-go, if they do not sell the product that takes it over the MOTM in the UK/EU then they are within the law.They have actually been doing this fo years with 5Ghz. and there is India with its 15m limit, drones are sold all over the world with 0 limits, well, until now, i think the MIni 3 Pro is 500m from take-off or did i read or hear that incorrectly?

A very good reason for using the larger battery, Hyperlapse, damn, you could get some beauts with that battery...

DAFlys, You would get stung with tax twice, over there and when it hits the UK, i think SF is California, that's if its San Fran? and don't they have a higher tax too?
2022-5-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-16 18:14
I cannot see an outsider getting past the 250g rule with the extended battery, they will be locked just like us, it will be based on Geolocation, and you will be grounded whilst its installed.
Lets just hope and pray for a miracle ;)

ok ill take your word for you; two against one (you and daflys).  you guys live there, i don't; you know your rules better than me.  we would never do anything like that here but that's beside the point.  anyway, so if i understand you correct, if dji didn't do at least 2 things (refrain from selling the extended battery in eu/uk plus prohibit ANY and all mini-2 drones from taking off with extended battery installed if said drone is located in eu/uk) then you believe dji would not be in compliance with the law, is that correct?
2022-5-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-16 18:35
ok ill take your word for you; two against one (you and daflys).  you guys live there, i don't; you know your rules better than me.  we would never do anything like that here but that's beside the point.  anyway, so if i understand you correct, if dji didn't do at least 2 things (refrain from selling the extended battery in eu/uk plus prohibit ANY and all mini-2 drones from taking off with extended battery installed if said drone is located in eu/uk) then you believe dji would not be in compliance with the law, is that correct?

Yes chap, thats precisely right, although, for the moment, this disabling of the larger battery is just hearsay from a dealer, but it does make sense that that is what DJI would need to do
2022-5-16
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

You know, DJI also makes a set of ND filters for the Mini 3 Pro, right?  And a "wide angle lens" accessory, too.  Unless I'm mistaken, those are official, DJI-branded accessories for the Mini 3 Pro.  Any of those officially-sanctioned, DJI-branded accessories would probably put your Mini 3 over 250 grams.  Will they sell those to you poor suffering Brits?  No?  Well, then what would DJI do if you discreetly acquire a set of bootleg DJI ND filters or a DJI wide-angle lens from your old buddy Uncle Sam via the Lend-Lease Program...will your drone refuse to spin up Over There if they're installed?  And what happens to me if I, a bumbling, reckless Yankee cowboy, show up in that Green and Pleasant Land with my loaded Mini 3 Pro HUMMER Edition, bristling with ND filters, wide angle lens, and even prop guards...is DJI going to geo-fence me and my star-spangled-Mini 3 out?

Really, where do they draw the line?  (Please don't say in the middle of the Irish Sea, then it would never get resolved...).
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:41
Will be interesting for sure.

Just saw DC Rainmaiker saying the remote is only good for 1000m after that its in the red and breaks up a lot.    I hope the new firmware fixes that.
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burstmode Posted at 5-16 21:42
You know, DJI also makes a set of ND filters for the Mini 3 Pro, right?  And a "wide angle lens" accessory, too.  Unless I'm mistaken, those are official, DJI-branded accessories for the Mini 3 Pro.  Any of those officially-sanctioned, DJI-branded accessories would probably put your Mini 3 over 250 grams.  Will they sell those to you poor suffering Brits?  No?  Well, then what would DJI do if you discreetly acquire a set of bootleg DJI ND filters or a DJI wide-angle lens from your old buddy Uncle Sam via the Lend-Lease Program...will your drone refuse to spin up Over There if they're installed?  And what happens to me if I, a bumbling, reckless Yankee cowboy, show up in that Green and Pleasant Land with my loaded Mini 3 Pro HUMMER Edition, bristling with ND filters, wide angle lens, and even prop guards...is DJI going to geo-fence me and my star-spangled-Mini 3 out?

Really, where do they draw the line?  (Please don't say in the middle of the Irish Sea, then it would never get resolved...).

The Wide angle lens is not sold in Europe because it puts it over the weight.   As the drone weighs less than 250 grams there is a few grams free for an ND filter.
2022-5-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-16 12:41
well, at least i will have one regular battery and i guess i'll have to keep it just in case i need it.

When you say there is absolutely no use for the regular battery........Could you not use it to fly the drone.

All those mini 2's that only have a similar size battery must be useless..... Is that correct.
2022-5-16
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:01
Just saw DC Rainmaiker saying the remote is only good for 1000m after that its in the red and breaks up a lot.    I hope the new firmware fixes that.

I don't care, because as in most countries we are only allowed to fly VLOS.
For the few people that can fly in wide open areas without any limitations, it might be an issue, but mostly they are also allowed to fly bigger drones without any limitations.
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 5-16 23:45
I don't care, because as in most countries we are only allowed to fly VLOS.
For the few people that can fly in wide open areas without any limitations, it might be an issue, but mostly they are also allowed to fly bigger drones without any limitations.

Well that was 1000m over the sea on an island,   imagine that will be less when there is interference present.
2022-5-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 12:23
Personally I think DJI are legally on weak ground selling the same drone in eu with no accessories vs other countries with accessories trying to defeat the MTOM Rules.

They are not trying to defeat the rules. The rules state that at the moment the manufacturer states the MTOM. So they can state 249 grams. Little accessories are not relevant. If they wantonly sold a heavy battery however the CAA would call foul. As it is is way better for us UK and EU flyers.

I am sure you have all been happy with all your drones so far that are about 30 mins on the standard battery...... So why are you not happy now with a similar battery.

You are being like Children wanting what you cant have and don't need just cos it is there
2022-5-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just saw DC Rainmaiker saying the remote is only good for 1000m after that its in the red and breaks up a lot.    I hope the new firmware fixes that.

Can you see beyond 1000 m he actually said about 1300 any way. Calm down chap you will blow a gasket
2022-5-16
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

The Saint Posted at 5-16 12:17
sorry i edited my post.  there's more.

Imagine that I don't want to fly in C1 class, as I have credentials to fly also C2 and higher...
So IF I use a PLUS battery, will increase with one C the drone...But I can fly it legally, as I also fly a 1.3 kg drone.
So is my choice if I decide I want a C1 drone with normal battery, or if I go higher at another C with PLUS battery.

But to restrict me versus an american, based only on what DJI wants, is not OK.
Let me choose if I mount a PLUS battery and fly in upper C or if I use a normal battery and I fly in C1.
And this can be managed by DJI simple: write on PLUS battery: NOT C1 class !!!

That is what I am saying.

PS. Hallmark, today I have received my Mini3...I am not "Autel" user, I am DRONE user as I work with drones, no matter if is Autel, DJI, Skydio and so on, each drone deserve a purpose in order to make bucks. So is normal to write in here...sorry is not your forum, but you can make one only for yourself where to write each day from your account and 2 other fake ones how great DJI is and how lame are people that have suggestions and issues with DJI )))))
2022-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-17 00:58
Imagine that I don't want to fly in C1 class, as I have credentials to fly also C2 and higher...
So IF I use a PLUS battery, will increase with one C the drone...But I can fly it legally, as I also fly a 1.3 kg drone.
So is my choice if I decide I want a C1 drone with normal battery, or if I go higher at another C with PLUS battery.

First off I don’t have any fake accounts, thats you putting your foot in your big mouth again. I have and use one account and I’ve had it 7 years. You have systematically abused so many people here with your ridiculous unfounded stupid comments and now lies.

With regards to the drone and battery it makes perfect common sense why dji restricted the mini 3 to avail of one single category. The rules will clearly state that there is a MTOM limit on this class and if dji allowed even professionals to change the MTOM then they wouldn’t have a hope of getting this drone classified. It doesn’t take much brains and savvy to work that out. In America there is not a restriction on MTOM for this drone and thats why they can have longer time battery. It has nothing to do with blocking or controlling how people use this drone.

Plain English if accessories or batteries can put this drone above the MTOM for a less than 250g then it will change its classification.
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-16 23:52
Can you see beyond 1000 m he actually said about 1300 any way. Calm down chap you will blow a gasket

He started to get break up in the signal before that.   
2022-5-17
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 01:34

Will do a test also for signal...I wonder if is from Firmware or the decision to hide the antennas inside RC is a bad one....
2022-5-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-17 01:48
Will do a test also for signal...I wonder if is from Firmware or the decision to hide the antennas inside RC is a bad one....

"I have and use one account and I’ve had it 7 years."

Lies-and-Accusations.jpg

ROFLMAO!

Geo_Drone, welcome to club of being HM7 Trolled.  His False accusations and claims knows no bounds.

2022-5-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-17 01:13
First off I don’t have any fake accounts, thats you putting your foot in your big mouth again. I have and use one account and I’ve had it 7 years. You have systematically abused so many people here with your ridiculous unfounded stupid comments and now lies.

With regards to the drone and battery it makes perfect common sense why dji restricted the mini 3 to avail of one single category. The rules will clearly state that there is a MTOM limit on this class and if dji allowed even professionals to change the MTOM then they wouldn’t have a hope of getting this drone classified. It doesn’t take much brains and savvy to work that out. In America there is not a restriction on MTOM for this drone and thats why they can have longer time battery. It has nothing to do with blocking or controlling how people use this drone.

Not quite true as it is the Manufacturer (DJI) That specifies the MTOM......... If they allowed a fundemental part like the Battery to push it over the 250 g then the CAA would cry foul but you can actually fly it over 250 g as the MTOM as determined by DJI is 249 g
2022-5-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 01:34

Bummer........
2022-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-17 09:57
Not quite true as it is the Manufacturer (DJI) That specifies the MTOM......... If they allowed a fundemental part like the Battery to push it over the 250 g then the CAA would cry foul but you can actually fly it over 250 g as the MTOM as determined by DJI is 249 g

I think you might be talking about the slight differences between EASA and CAA rules EASA set their own classification.
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just had another flight and got video glitches at 200m but I didn’t have the mini2 to compare against. But it’s also been very glitchy today. I don’t think it likes the weather.  
2022-5-17
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Isn't it ironic DJI said it would not release the heavier batteries here to avoid "confusion" in the Mini range but it's having the opposite effect?
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyBoo Posted at 5-17 11:16
Isn't it ironic DJI said it would not release the heavier batteries here to avoid "confusion" in the Mini range but it's having the opposite effect?

That’s all about the MTOM and the eu rules.   Same reason the wide angle Len’s is not being sold or the prop guards etc.  
2022-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just saw DC Rainmaiker saying the remote is only good for 1000m after that its in the red and breaks up a lot.    I hope the new firmware fixes that.

Several videos showing range issues using RC screen controller.  It will be interesting to see if it is related to the new RC controller (with internal antennas) or the antennas in the Mini 3 Pro or both.
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 12:44
Several videos showing range issues using RC screen controller.  It will be interesting to see if it is related to the new RC controller (with internal antennas) or the antennas in the Mini 3 Pro or both.

I’m getting an urge to try the n1 controller with mini3.  
2022-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 12:50
I’m getting an urge to try the n1 controller with mini3.

That would make for a great comparison.
2022-5-17
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-17 01:13
First off I don’t have any fake accounts, thats you putting your foot in your big mouth again. I have and use one account and I’ve had it 7 years. You have systematically abused so many people here with your ridiculous unfounded stupid comments and now lies.

With regards to the drone and battery it makes perfect common sense why dji restricted the mini 3 to avail of one single category. The rules will clearly state that there is a MTOM limit on this class and if dji allowed even professionals to change the MTOM then they wouldn’t have a hope of getting this drone classified. It doesn’t take much brains and savvy to work that out. In America there is not a restriction on MTOM for this drone and thats why they can have longer time battery. It has nothing to do with blocking or controlling how people use this drone.

I did not say you have fake accounts here...
I say you need to make your own Forum, and THERE you create some fake accounts to have with who to argue and troll related to your love about DJI ))))

Cheers.
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 14:51
That would make for a great comparison.

Its out and fully charged so I may give that a go today.
2022-5-17
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1356178 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-12 21:11
Hi there DAFlys. Thank you for the reply and for the reply. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.

I'm following this - I have the required licence to fly over 250gms in the UK, so I can't understand why we would be excluded from using this battery....
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:35
Its out and fully charged so I may give that a go today.

Nice, hopefully the weather will cooperate.  

I'm going to go do a little stress management today by taking a dive on a late 1700s shipwreck off the west coast of Florida.  Diving is allowed but strictly prohibited from touching or removing anything.
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 03:35
Nice, hopefully the weather will cooperate.  

I'm going to go do a little stress management today by taking a dive on a late 1700s shipwreck off the west coast of Florida.  Diving is allowed but strictly prohibited from touching or removing anything.

Now that sounds like a sight to see.   enjoy that one DT.  
2022-5-18
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 00:02
Well,   if it is the case we will see a lot of un happy american tourists this summer.

That's true - but then they would be breaking the law here if they just arrived and flew a 280gm drone... (don't get me wrong I want the bigger battery lol)
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HarleyFlyer Posted at 5-18 04:26
That's true - but then they would be breaking the law here if they just arrived and flew a 280gm drone... (don't get me wrong I want the bigger battery lol)

It would only break the rules if they flew too close to people/structures etc.   If for example they flew it in open empty countryside that would be fine.  
2022-5-18
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 04:29
It would only break the rules if they flew too close to people/structures etc.   If for example they flew it in open empty countryside that would be fine.

But wouldn't they need an operator licence and a Flyer ID from taking our test etc?
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HarleyFlyer Posted at 5-18 04:44
But wouldn't they need an operator licence and a Flyer ID from taking our test etc?

Yes but theres no reason they cant do that. Ive done that for France for example.
2022-5-18
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Burstmode Posted at 5-16 21:42

I'm sure i read that the front glass on the Gimbal is removed in order to fit the ND Filter which gives a net gain of just .75 of a gram - and as they are supposed to weigh in at 247/248 there's allowance for that.
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 04:15
Now that sounds like a sight to see.   enjoy that one DT.

3 hour round trip for a couple of short dives but it was well worth the trip.  Now I have to refill the tanks so they are ready again.
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 13:40
3 hour round trip for a couple of short dives but it was well worth the trip.  Now I have to refill the tanks so they are ready again.

Still sounds like it was worth it,   those wrecks want be there for ever.  
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 22:41
Still sounds like it was worth it,   those wrecks want be there for ever.

No doubt about it being worth the drive.  The wrecks are deteriorating more and more each year.  

Interesting timing as I got a call from my grandson last evening asking if I would dive in a local lake to try and retrieve his friend's Air 2.  He sent me the coordinates so this morning I'm going hunting for his friend's drone.  Hope I find it as he lost it a week ago and just happened to mention it to my grandson yesterday.   
2022-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules