Extended Battery availability.
12209 171 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
United States

Can you advice what is the specification for the extended battery in terms of mAH .  
2022-5-19
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
United States

bjr981s Posted at 5-12 11:23
I bought the Mini 3 Pro with Video Controller and the Fly More Pro Kit Plus that has 2 x 47 Minute batteries included. It was only $100AUD more than the standard Fly More Pro kit. I haev also reserved additional batteries.

But I am in Australia, and there is no distinction between a below 250g  and above drone. The rules, conditions, and licensing are the same.

Any idea what is the specs for the extended battery
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 5-19 04:58
Can you advice what is the specification for the extended battery in terms of mAH .

Intelligent Flight Battery Plus [7]
Capacity
3850 mAh
2022-5-19
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_Li0x9INlJfwY Posted at 5-10 09:58
What a bizarre decision. What's behind that? The rest of the DJI range with heavier drones and batteries are available in the EU.....

i think they are mastering the technique of fooling the buyers  !!
2022-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

S.J Posted at 5-19 05:16

Why would they want to fool their customers. Surely it would be a lot easier to fool Americans
2022-5-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 05:26
Why would they want to fool their customers. Surely it would be a lot easier to fool Americans

Surely it would be a lot easier to fool Americans

Kettle-meet-Pot.jpg

Link: you have personally insulted me and all other Irish citizens of my country.

2022-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Wow this fool went back to 2018 of my posts. Thats what you call real trolling
4 years how many posts do you have to read to find that. Of course we have no idea what I was rebutting. Sly comment thats what I call it... go troll someone else you've been warned for trolling as well as been banned for the exact same thing.
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 5-19 05:16

I think its just that the rules are changing here and drones that are not classified and over 250 grams will have to stay 150m away from any person/structure/vehicle/park/beach/etc
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 02:50
No doubt about it being worth the drive.  The wrecks are deteriorating more and more each year.  

Interesting timing as I got a call from my grandson last evening asking if I would dive in a local lake to try and retrieve his friend's Air 2.  He sent me the coordinates so this morning I'm going hunting for his friend's drone.  Hope I find it as he lost it a week ago and just happened to mention it to my grandson yesterday.

Did you ever get the action2 to get some images?
2022-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 10:05
Did you ever get the action2 to get some images?

No, kind of second guessed myself and going to get the GoPro 10 Black and the waterproof case instead.  
2022-5-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 07:31
Wow this fool went back to 2018 of my posts. Thats what you call real trolling
4 years how many posts do you have to read to find that. Of course we have no idea what I was rebutting. Sly comment thats what I call it... go troll someone else you've been warned for trolling as well as been banned for the exact same thing.

Your posts wreak of Two-faced, Double-Standard, Hypocrisy.

You insults Americans, get called on it, then you whine about Trolling.  Which is exactly what you did with post #125, you were Trolling.

Irony is with all your Hypocrisy, Insults, Trolling; I only had to read thru four of your old posts to find your #53.   (You do know what bookmark folders are?)

Question for you: Do you want insulting and trashing of country and country's people on table (per your #125 post) or off table (per your old #53 post).
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 12:12
No, kind of second guessed myself and going to get the GoPro 10 Black and the waterproof case instead.

Thats a shame,  I was hoping you might have got some pics of the wreck.
2022-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-19 17:42
Your posts wreak of Two-faced, Double-Standard, Hypocrisy.

You insults Americans, get called on it, then you whine about Trolling.  Which is exactly what you did with post #125, you were Trolling.

Just quit trolling, there’s no accounting for people who have no sense of humour.
2022-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 22:27
Thats a shame,  I was hoping you might have got some pics of the wreck.

I'll for sure go back to get some shots once I get the GoPro and figure out all it's functions.  
2022-5-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have we found out yet if we in outlawed countries are restricted even in the use of said batteries?
2022-5-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having had a few flights now with my Mini 3 and UK battery..... The flight time is more than enough for most people
2022-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-20 23:38
Having had a few flights now with my Mini 3 and UK battery..... The flight time is more than enough for most people

Im just getting about 19-21 minutes on average and landing at 25%,   just a couple more than mini2,   for hyperlapse not really enough time to do more than about 12 seconds worth.
2022-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-20 23:21
Have we found out yet if we in outlawed countries are restricted even in the use of said batteries?

Supposedly a DJI store said they were blocked but no one has them to test yet.   
2022-5-21
Use props
fansa090684f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

https://twitter.com/DJISupport/status/1529019051439452160?s=19

To whom it concerns.
2022-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansa090684f Posted at 5-24 03:03
https://twitter.com/DJISupport/status/1529019051439452160?s=19

To whom it concerns.

This is good news,    but I will still wait for a few firmwares to be released first.  
2022-5-24
Use props
cleartone2000
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 06:15
Is it available anywhere just now?

Hi, do you mean it is unavailable anywhere? Thanks
2022-7-1
Use props
cleartone2000
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-10 20:32
Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus needs to be purchased separately and it is sold in just some countries and regions. Kindly please visit the official DJI online store ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-pro-intelligent-flight-battery-plus ) for more information with regard to this inquiry. Thank you.

Thanks for the link but unfortunately it doesn't really help as it simply displays, "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY'
2022-7-1
Use props
cleartone2000
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-14 06:33
From what the dealer told here, flights in EU and UK with PLUS battery installed will be blocked by Firmware from DJI.
So...be careful what you order, as there is no official news from DJI (not from this useless Moderators from here anyway).

Thanks for that useful tip, I certainly wasn't aware of this.
2022-7-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

cleartone2000 Posted at 7-1 10:14
Thanks for that useful tip, I certainly wasn't aware of this.

that's an old post; i think the current understanding is no flights are blocked.  someone from the eu will be along shortly to correct this if necessary.
2022-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cleartone2000 Posted at 7-1 10:03
Hi, do you mean it is unavailable anywhere? Thanks

Well I was just asking that question to enquire if it might be available, that was awhile ago. I now realise it will be very difficult to get it in Europe. Probably best chance of getting one is if you know someone in the US or travelling to and from the US you might get one that way.
2022-7-1
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

where to buy it?
2022-7-17
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Imagine this: you're from the USA with only extended batteries and your drone dies in the EU because of geofencing! It can't possibly work.

This nonsense is on the same scale as DRM for movies. It isn't going to stop the pirates but it will seriously upset the legit customers.
2022-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CineDude Posted at 7-17 16:20
Imagine this: you're from the USA with only extended batteries and your drone dies in the EU because of geofencing! It can't possibly work.

This nonsense is on the same scale as DRM for movies. It isn't going to stop the pirates but it will seriously upset the legit customers.

I have the extended batteries in the UK and they work fine,   they even have the UK CA marking which is ironic.    However as Australia just bumped the Mini3 out of the 250g bracket because you could get the batteries from another country it would be the next logical step if they want to keep it in that bracket.  
2022-7-17
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-14 06:33
From what the dealer told here, flights in EU and UK with PLUS battery installed will be blocked by Firmware from DJI.
So...be careful what you order, as there is no official news from DJI (not from this useless Moderators from here anyway).

That’s something has to be CLEARLY said by DJI…. I have ordered a Extended Battery, I usually travel world wide, so I shall be flying in other non-EU áreas. I am not going to receive the battery until August 12th (expected), so I can not confirm in my own experience that. When I received it, I shall check it and post it.
2022-7-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

juan55 Posted at 7-18 01:12
That’s something has to be CLEARLY said by DJI…. I have ordered a Extended Battery, I usually travel world wide, so I shall be flying in other non-EU áreas. I am not going to receive the battery until August 12th (expected), so I can not confirm in my own experience that. When I received it, I shall check it and post it.

It works...PLUS is working in EU, was tested already.
Still don't get it why DJI is not selling it here, as I can be in both A1 and A2, as I have all certificates.
2022-7-18
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Geo_Drone Posted at 7-18 01:21
Still don't get it why DJI is not selling it here, as I can be in both A1 and A2, as I have all certificates.

Thanks for the answer , confirming  it's working
Probably it has to be with mounting a Extended Battery is not any more an A0 …. Legal questions.
But if you put some accesories like external lights, foot legs, also overpass the 249gr.
2022-7-18
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

i dont understand why its banned on EU..
2022-7-18
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 7-18 13:47
i dont understand why its banned on EU..

Because the EU sucks.
2022-7-18
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This is something I don't understand, either. Meeting legal requirements is the responsibility of the end-user, not DJI.

All DJI need to do is supply a legal disclaimer that states use of the extended battery in the Mini 3 Pro will cause it to require a licence to be operated as it will exceed 250g.
2022-7-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fateofangel Posted at 7-18 13:47
i dont understand why its banned on EU..

it is not banned.  you're using the wrong word.  details matter.  words have meaning.
2022-7-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

in order for dji to make a claim, they thought is was in their best interest to make a business decision.  nobody received any marching orders, there are no bans....

perhaps the legal team at dji gave this advice and the management accepted:  in order to claim that your drone is a 249g drone, you need to refrain from selling primary accessories that are required to operate the drone in sensitive regions.

and that's about all it is; plain and simple.
2022-7-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CineDude Posted at 7-18 14:33
This is something I don't understand, either. Meeting legal requirements is the responsibility of the end-user, not DJI.

All DJI need to do is supply a legal disclaimer that states use of the extended battery in the Mini 3 Pro will cause it to require a licence to be operated as it will exceed 250g.

incorrect, it is not the responsibility of the end-user to determine if the mini 3 pro will carry the 249g designation on the drone itself and the supporting materials.  it is solely up to dji only.

dji can print whatever they want on their drone, they can call it super-fast, most desirable, special drone but if they want to print 249g on it for the purposes of meeting some sort of perceived legal justification, they figured they could only do it in good faith by not actively undermining the weigh by readily selling (and promoting) an overweight battery or by making it seem like the lightweight battery is just a blatant attempt at subverting the requirement.  in other words, you can't mark the drone in good faith as 249g when you know half won't be (because of that bloated battery you sell).

what happens in the real world is less relevant, dji wants to claim the designation on the drone itself and they felt best if they could stand behind it without the extended battery in the picture.  that being said, once the drone has started selling and staked it's claim, no telling what happens after that (with the batteries).
2022-7-18
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-18 14:55
incorrect, it is not the responsibility of the end-user to determine if the mini 3 pro will carry the 249g designation on the drone itself and the supporting materials.  it is solely up to dji only.

dji can print whatever they want on their drone, they can call it super-fast, most desirable, special drone but if they want to print 249g on it for the purposes of meeting some sort of perceived legal justification, they figured they could only do it in good faith by not actively undermining the weigh by readily selling (and promoting) an overweight battery or by making it seem like the lightweight battery is just a blatant attempt at subverting the requirement.  in other words, you can't mark the drone in good faith as 249g when you know half won't be (because of that bloated battery you sell).

I don't disagree, and knowing the authorities, they'd view it as exactly that [attempt to circumvent].

I think [future] certification/exemption is why they've done what they've done regarding batteries, personally (and said the same in previous comments).

2022-7-18
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

CineDude Posted at 7-18 14:31
Because the EU sucks.

thats why Donald Tusk throw away UK from it
2022-7-18
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

The Saint Posted at 7-18 14:44
it is not banned.  you're using the wrong word.  details matter.  words have meaning.

meant banned of selling, where to buy it than?
2022-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules