12221 171 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

The Saint Posted at 7-18 14:55
incorrect, it is not the responsibility of the end-user to determine if the mini 3 pro will carry the 249g designation on the drone itself and the supporting materials.  it is solely up to dji only.

dji can print whatever they want on their drone, they can call it super-fast, most desirable, special drone but if they want to print 249g on it for the purposes of meeting some sort of perceived legal justification, they figured they could only do it in good faith by not actively undermining the weigh by readily selling (and promoting) an overweight battery or by making it seem like the lightweight battery is just a blatant attempt at subverting the requirement.  in other words, you can't mark the drone in good faith as 249g when you know half won't be (because of that bloated battery you sell).

Thats why DJI printed <249 on the stock battery to user while replacing battery to extended one could update the info to the true
2022-7-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

As DJI reported to authorities in EU that drone is 249grams, is constrained by the declaration to ensure that will be in this weight.
Still, I was expecting more flexibility from them as it could be selling this batteries as separate and leave the decision to use it for user.
If I want to take the drone and fly out of UE for example, I can put my PLUS batteries....if I enter EU, I change batteries with 249 grams printed. But this should be my choice...
Anyway, as PLUS is available in EU from outsources, we will be fine.
2022-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 7-19 00:05
As DJI reported to authorities in EU that drone is 249grams, is constrained by the declaration to ensure that will be in this weight.
Still, I was expecting more flexibility from them as it could be selling this batteries as separate and leave the decision to use it for user.
If I want to take the drone and fly out of UE for example, I can put my PLUS batteries....if I enter EU, I change batteries with 249 grams printed. But this should be my choice...

I have a plus battery here in the UK and its really the battery they should have sold it with,  it just lasts for ages.  
2022-7-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

it is still your choice, nobody is stopping you.  but dji won't help you.
2022-7-19
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 7-19 02:29
I have a plus battery here in the UK and its really the battery they should have sold it with,  it just lasts for ages.

hen you bought it, on official DJI store?
2022-7-19
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

But Mini 3 does not have C0 class while you are buying it. I think few words about convertion and class change in instruction should be certified
2022-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 7-19 11:55
hen you bought it, on official DJI store?

No.  It’s not for sale here.  
2022-7-19
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 7-19 12:02
No.  It’s not for sale here.

so you've bought it from USA or some other shop in UK?
2022-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 7-19 12:05
so you've bought it from USA or some other shop in UK?

Someone bought a load of FMP from AliExpress and then was reselling them whole and split.
2022-7-19
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1671280 ft
United Kingdom

I think I’m going to have to get one of these because I really enjoy making a Hyperlapse with this drone.
The standard battery is a bit limited for this, so the extra flying time would be useful.
2022-7-19
Use props
M3P-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

I bought two from Aliexpress, arrived in about two weeks for $105 each.

I use them when I'm not needing to fly under the <250g regulations, and instead fly under then Article 16 rules as a member of a flying club. It's really freeing having a battery that goes on and on and on, especially for hyperlapses or when you're waiting around int he air for something to happen (a coat to appear, the sunset to align, etc.)
I've also stuck a strobe on the back of each battery as I'm over the 250g already, so great for night flying outside build-up areas.
2022-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M3P-ch Posted at 7-19 23:54
I bought two from Aliexpress, arrived in about two weeks for $105 each.

I use them when I'm not needing to fly under the

That's where the guy on eBay thats selling them got them,  the advantage there is they arrive in a couple of days,  I have to say I'm loving the plus battery.
2022-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules