Smart Controller or RC Pro support for Mini3.
123Next >
10989 89 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_f5w2gO7ZAhOx Posted at 6-6 11:51
I'd order it in a flash if it was compatible with the RC Pro

Id order the RC Pro if it was compatible too.
2022-6-7
Use props
DJI_JAWS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32552 ft
Canada

Following. I hope there is support for the smart controller.
2022-6-11
Use props
Joethedrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92093 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-12 21:15
Hi there DAFlys. You are welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

But you didn’t answer the question, “will the original DJI Smart Controller be made compatible with the new DJI Mini 3 Pro?”
2022-6-13
Use props
bsdroneflying
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659173 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Would buy one if it does.
2022-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joethedrone Posted at 6-13 04:44
But you didn’t answer the question, “will the original DJI Smart Controller be made compatible with the new DJI Mini 3 Pro?”

I did a live chat with DJI. They told me the smart controller was not powerful enough for the mini3.
2022-6-16
Use props
DJI_JAWS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32552 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 6-16 11:56
I did a live chat with DJI. They told me the smart controller was not powerful enough for the mini3.

That is too bad. Looks like I will have to get the RC controller.
2022-6-17
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yes, the smart controller was a terrible mis-step by DJI, but no excuses re RC Pro. Also as I understand it ,the software defined  radio stack on O3 and O3+ was different from the chip based O3…. Let’s just hope re rc pro
2022-6-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have noticed that the DJi Fly app is now updated on the Smart-controller to 1.6.6 the current version.

2022-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 6-22 02:04
I have noticed that the DJi Fly app is now updated on the Smart-controller to 1.6.6 the current version.

Yes but the new features seem to be restricted for example the c1 + right wheel customisation is missing.
2022-6-22
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

It does seem crazy,

Maybe when the mini3 is sold on its own in July, then they will release rc pro update
2022-6-22
Use props
fansccf295d7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91142 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As soon as you can get the Mini3pro stand-alone and it’s compatible with the RC pro I’m in!
2022-6-29
Use props
ZORAST
lvl.2
Germany

M3p RC controller is now compatible with Mavic 3 !!! But where is RC Pro compatibility with M3p ??
2022-7-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZORAST Posted at 7-1 10:59
M3p RC controller is now compatible with Mavic 3 !!! But where is RC Pro compatibility with M3p ??

Some YouTubers have said that its not coming,   but they didn't state their sources.     Id like to see mini2 support added as well.
2022-7-2
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 00:45
Some YouTubers have said that its not coming,   but they didn't state their sources.     Id like to see mini2 support added as well.

Interesting, pls link to vids
2022-7-2
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 00:45
Or any other info.
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZippyT Posted at 7-2 08:01
Or any other info.

The last one I saw say it was 51 drones.  
2022-7-2
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3300653 ft
United States

I woud like to see a statement of direction for the various controllers. I just bought an RC Pro and hope it can be used for Mini 3 and later...

2022-7-4
Use props
Nate Gates
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2605210 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ditto... IF it is compatible with the RC Pro controller I'll be getting one, if not.. then no. Hoping it will be compatible,  as the smaller form factor and quieter props would be very much to my liking (but I am not having multiple controllers anymore, especially when the RC Pro is the best controller I have ever used).
2022-7-11
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Nate Gates Posted at 7-11 08:30
Ditto... IF it is compatible with the RC Pro controller I'll be getting one, if not.. then no. Hoping it will be compatible,  as the smaller form factor and quieter props would be very much to my liking (but I am not having multiple controllers anymore, especially when the RC Pro is the best controller I have ever used).

Sadly my gut feel is they are for no good reason NOT going to do this. I feel they would have don’t it by now if they were going too

Their controller strategy is just nuts

I really hope i’m wrong, else I’ll be buying a mavic 3 to go with my rc pro (which I picked up as a bargain a while back)
2022-7-11
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44600 ft
Netherlands

following.
2022-7-13
Use props
djiuser_rtF8lycSWLgk
New
Réunion

Following as well. It looks as planned obsolescence though...
2022-7-15
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

djiuser_rtF8lycSWLgk Posted at 7-15 03:01

Well let’s hope not !
2022-7-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_rtF8lycSWLgk Posted at 7-15 03:01

I have zero hope of any updates at this point,   but I would like to see the new controller support the mini2.
2022-7-16
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

EMAIL I JUST SENT, AS NOBODY@DJI SEEMS TO CARE IN THESE FORUMS

Dear DJI,

I feel the need to send this email (sent to support.eu@dji.com), as it has an important reputation impact on DJI

The matter is the support of the Mini 3 with the RC Pro controller

Currently im very aware its NOT supported, myself and many others believed this delayed to coincide with release of the Mini 3 (No RC) version.

That has now happened and no updates to the RC Pro as yet.

So what do we your customers need to know:

-         -Will the Mini 3 be supported by the RC Pro

-         -If Yes, when

Why is this important to DJI and its customers:

-         -Well essentially even in professional aspects, on too many occasions now, we are being forced to fly less then 250g, when we do, we need to have the HDMI option

-         -In addition, when we invest in top end controllers, which are pitched as future compatible controllers, we expect DJI to keep up their end of the bargain

-         -Finally, when we know it is 100% compatible controller (as seen by the RC and NC-1 being supported by both Mavic 3 and Mini 3), its deeply disrespectful to your customers

-         -You have messed us around once with the Smart Controller…… now its looking the same for the RC Pro
2022-7-25
Use props
Skypixeler
lvl.1
Portugal

I am also waiting for compatibility between RC Pro and Mini 3 to buy the latest.
2022-7-25
Use props
djiuser_AyO5F2Za3Y3A
lvl.2
United States

Following...sigh thought there'd be something by now. Air 2s and RC Pro sitting in the case since I've gotten the mini 3 pro. Hopefully soon.

Feel like the range b/w the mini 3 pro would be much improved with the RC Pro. Right now with the DJI RC, the range is pretty pathetic, compared to my Air 2s and RC Pro.
2022-7-25
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Useless reply from DJI….

Good day!

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support!

We appreciate your time for sending us an email. We would love to help you with your inquiry. I feel terribly sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused to you.

In regards to your question, "Will the Mini 3 be supported by the RC Pro?"

The remote controller with a built-in screen applicable to DJI Mini 3 Pro is only the DJI RC. Currently, DJI RC only supports DJI Mini 3 Pro and DJI Mavic 3 (The DJI RC should be updated to the v01.01.0000). We have not received any notification regarding compatibility with other models.

Please rest assured that we will send your feedback to the DJI engineers. Please keep an eye out for an official comparability notification on the DJI official website. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for choosing DJI and have a nice day!
Best regards,

DJI Customer Support
2022-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZippyT Posted at 7-25 12:52
Useless reply from DJI….

Good day!

I saw a video from 51 drones the other day where he says it won't be supported,  he gets review units from DJI early so whether he has some inside information or not I have no idea.
2022-7-25
Use props
_ian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 734360 ft
Germany

I'm also interested in a solution, I need the HDMI connection for Live Stream.
2022-7-26
Use props
fans699dfe6c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31952 ft
United States

Following.
2022-8-4
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I’m jumping ship, selling my rc pro and going for an alternative hdmi solution.

I think it’s clear the rc pro isn’t going to be supporting the mini 3

Smart controller : abandoned
RC Pro : abandoned

I have lost faith in their controller strategy
2022-8-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZippyT Posted at 8-5 05:24
I’m jumping ship, selling my rc pro and going for an alternative hdmi solution.

I think it’s clear the rc pro isn’t going to be supporting the mini 3

There's another thread here where DJI I said it was coming -

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=270802
2022-8-6
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thanks, I’ve added to my watch list and posted

I would very much like to believe in it happening…..
2022-8-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZippyT Posted at 8-6 02:27
Thanks, I’ve added to my watch list and posted

I would very much like to believe in it happening…..

It would actually be nice if the controllers they sell worked on all the drones they currently sell.
2022-8-6
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-6 23:36
It would actually be nice if the controllers they sell worked on all the drones they currently sell.

I guess that’s just not possible, given the different transmission technologies. But when they released the smart controller, it supported the mavic 2 and OcuSync 2.0 drones

The full list was

Compatible with DJI Mini 2, DJI Air 2S, Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Enterprise Series, Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.

The anomaly was the air2s, as it support both occusync 2 & 3

But then mavic 3 only ocusync 3, so no smart controller support.

Personally I just want the mp3 supported by rc pro, as that’s fair, as it’s occu 3

To be honest I wish they had never released the n1 controller, but stuck with the m1 and m2 controller format, better for safety. If I had 1 wish it would be for hdmi out as standard.

Anyways, I have fingers and toes crossed DJI will pull the m3p support out of the bag and not abandon the rc pro !
2022-8-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZippyT Posted at 8-7 11:22
I guess that’s just not possible, given the different transmission technologies. But when they released the smart controller, it supported the mavic 2 and OcuSync 2.0 drones

The full list was

As they use SDR of course they could support it. Failing that they could support all the drones they currently sell which all can use the RC -N1 controller.  
2022-8-7
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-7 11:29
As they use SDR of course they could support it. Failing that they could support all the drones they currently sell which all can use the RC -N1 controller.

We wish ! And hope !
2022-8-7
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Just as an update, 1.6.12 has been spotted in the wild and I can confirm the mini 3 pro is supported on the RC Pro  connection guide now !

The matching mini 3 firmware is still outstanding, but I think unless there is a massive u turn…. We have RC Pro and mini 3 support !
2022-8-11
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

F4A5D915-0249-4992-9FFA-7DF8B916ECA0.jpeg
DE80DE5E-8188-401D-ABF6-5557299B9F60.jpeg
2022-8-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shame there's no Mini2 support especially as they still sell it.  
2022-8-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules