Mini Pro RC Remote compatible with Mavic 3?
1042 7 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2362441 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Well, to me, the only interesting question right now is:
Can I use the new RC Remote of the Mini 3 Pro with my Mavic 3?
(I'm not talking about the default-remote without screen)
2022-5-10
Use props
CaptainSmack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1101624 ft
Switzerland

Interesting question, I cannot answer, but I have some thoughts on it:
RC Mini3 is a cost adder of approx 150,- to the standard Mini3 package, whereas the RC Pro is substantially more expensive, around 700,-
Functionality seems not to be in line with this price gap.
Therefore I assume DJI will not release the RC (non-pro) for other drones, at least not with the Mini3 price tag. From what it looks I cannot imagine it theoretically would not be compatible, but I guess DJI will either restrict the software (DJI is expert in restrictions)  or simply not put any efforts into it (also expert here)
2022-5-10
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I am not sure about that but It will be for the Air 2S and maybe in the future it will become the standard remote control.
2022-5-10
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

CaptainSmack Posted at 5-10 07:12
Interesting question, I cannot answer, but I have some thoughts on it:
RC Mini3 is a cost adder of approx 150,- to the standard Mini3 package, whereas the RC Pro is substantially more expensive, around 700,-
Functionality seems not to be in line with this price gap.

I'm kinda afraid about this, as well.

However: They kinda still have to make up for the announced but then canceled Mavic 3 + RC Pro bundle.

"Stewart and Alina" on YouTube commented:
"DJI have told us that it should be compatible with the Mavic 3 by June or July. No information on any other drones at this stage."

This would be awesome and make me buy the Mini.
If not, I would leave it out.
2022-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd be interested to see if the DJI RC Pro controller that I already have will be updated via FW to be compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.  
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will forward this concern of yours to our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-5-10
Use props
MHOP
New

Denmark

I just tried, and the RC could not "see" the turned on Mavic 3, it just told me that it could not connect to the Mini Pro 3 (was turned off ofc). Im no tech jedi, but there was no obvious way to go around that. Looks like a no atm at least:-/

Cheers
2022-5-18
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

MHOP Posted at 5-18 04:56
I just tried, and the RC could not "see" the turned on Mavic 3, it just told me that it could not connect to the Mini Pro 3 (was turned off ofc). Im no tech jedi, but there was no obvious way to go around that. Looks like a no atm at least:-/

Cheers

Thanks for the try!

Any chance the latest Firmware has changed anything?
2022-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules