Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Smart Controller (old one!) and Mini 3 Pro compatible?
12475 10 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

Hi.
Does anyone know if the old Smart Controller will work? The RC-PRO has been confirmed!

Thank you.

2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We already have a thread asking DJI this question and no answer yet from them - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2022-5-10
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

Yes, but in the wrong Group!
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sascha.ES Posted at 5-10 06:57
Yes, but in the wrong Group!

I wouldn't say Accessories- General was the wrong group,   it is after all a question about some accessories.  And besides everything appears in Products anyway.  
2022-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I must have missed where the RC Pro was confirmed compatible.  Do you happen to know where you found it?
2022-5-10
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably not. Original Mavic smart controller uses Occusync 2 new Mini 3 Pro uses OS 3.
2022-5-10
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Masemoto Posted at 5-10 13:03
Probably not. Original Mavic smart controller uses Occusync 2 new Mini 3 Pro uses OS 3.

Probably not, but not because of the Occusync thing.  The Smart Controller works with the Air 2S which is O3.  Also, remember the standard RC-N1 remote was O2 only when it came out with the Air 2 but was firmware upgradable to work with O3 drones.

The real issue with the Smart Controller is the processor is pretty much maxed out at what it can do, so it seems like DJI is probably done supporting it for newer drones as it will struggle to handle newer features.  Seems like it had a rough time with the Air 2S. Hard to imagine they will have it work with the Mini 3 Pro but NOT the Mavic 3, but we don't know for sure, and you probably won't get an exact answer other than "not at this time" from DJI.
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Mini 3 Pro currently supports two remote controllers - DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller and DJI RC. However, we will love to take this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-5-10
Use props
fansedc1b026
lvl.1
Flight distance : 640272 ft
United States

Yes I’m interested in finding out the answer too.   I like the HDMI function and higher brightness of the screen on the original Smart Controller.  I doubt I’ll fork out more money for another Pro or Smart Controller.   
2022-8-17
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansedc1b026 Posted at 8-17 10:22
Yes I’m interested in finding out the answer too.   I like the HDMI function and higher brightness of the screen on the original Smart Controller.  I doubt I’ll fork out more money for another Pro or Smart Controller.

the answer to what?  will the mini 3 pro eventually work with the original (ancient) smart controller?  nobody knows the future but the answer is very, very unlikely (doubtful)....that would be a no.
2022-8-17
Use props
spherem
lvl.1

United States

I have the old RM500 Smart Controller. I can't pair it with Mini 3 Pro. Also RC231 or C5 doesn't connect to Mini 3
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules