DJI, Please add the option to set battery discharge time in FLY app.
1242 22 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

DJI GO4 allows pilots to set a time between 1-10 days, for the battery to start self-discharge down to 60%. Unfortunately this option is missing from the notorious FLY app.

Mavic 3 battery is designed to automatically discharge to 60% after 9 days of no operation. This is too long for many pilots.

DJI, please add this option to FLY app. Pilots should have control over the battery self-discharge process. Even your competitor has such option in their app.
BatteryDischarge.jpg
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-10
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.  
2022-5-11
Use props
KokoFresha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

I would also like to be able to disable this feature. No battery in any of my cameras has such a feature and for me this feature is undesirable.
2022-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 5-11 03:48
I would also like to be able to disable this feature. No battery in any of my cameras has such a feature and for me this feature is undesirable.

He doesn’t want the feature disabled that wouldn’t make sense with these batteries, he wants the option to allow discharge at earlier periods like 1/2 days, the batteries will reduce to programmed setting of approx 60%. Shorter periods like 24 hours will help get the most from these batteries.
2022-5-11
Use props
KokoFresha
lvl.4
Bulgaria

I understood what others wanted. Please, if such software control is added to the fly application, I can set "OFF". Simple and does not require anything extra.
2022-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 5-11 04:10
I understood what others wanted. Please, if such software control is added to the fly application, I can set "OFF". Simple and does not require anything extra.

Thats not how these battery’s work. They are smart batteries and are programmed to hibernate. If you let them run to nil IE "off" you won’t be able to get them to recharge, so off is not really an option.
2022-5-11
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

2022-5-11
Use props
KokoFresha
lvl.4
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 5-11 14:09
Thats not how these battery’s work. They are smart batteries and are programmed to hibernate. If you let them run to nil IE "off" you won’t be able to get them to recharge, so off is not really an option.

I don't want them to work to zero volts. I want them not to dilute automatically after a few days. What is so difficult to understand? If it will calm you down, I will suggest 99 days before the automatic dilution. Most of the devices became "smart" only for greater profit and eliminate the possibility of using analogues from third parties.
2022-5-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The loss of this feature was one of the 'improvements' over Go4, unfortunately there are a number of 'improvements. I doubt anything will be done about it.

@Hans,  you might notice that five words later Hallmark spelt the plural correctly, I would suspect "battery's" was a typo, it's a rather easy thing to do. "......these battery’s work. They are smart batteries a......"
2022-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 5-11 23:15
I don't want them to work to zero volts. I want them not to dilute automatically after a few days. What is so difficult to understand? If it will calm you down, I will suggest 99 days before the automatic dilution. Most of the devices became "smart" only for greater profit and eliminate the possibility of using analogues from third parties.

“I want them not to dilute automatically after a few days.“ what you said.....

Its not me thats not getting it. The OP wants the ability to reduce his batteries much quicker than the 10 days allowed through the app. So he doesn’t want his batteries to continue to hold full power over a long time.

In other apps you can reduce in 1/3/5 days.
2022-5-12
Use props
Hans Groover
Banned

United States

2022-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hans Groover Posted at 5-12 08:06
I think it is you that's not getting it.

Aren’t you banned… go away ….
2022-5-12
Use props
Hans Groover
Banned

United States

2022-5-12
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hans Groover Posted at 5-12 09:05
Clearly I’m not banned. Although it gives your life meaning to try and ban people.

But you work for DJI. Sure OK.
2022-5-12
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hans Groover Posted at 5-12 09:05
Clearly I’m not banned. Although it gives your life meaning to try and ban people.

You are in fact banned as an individual. By Creating new accounts with the same avatar picture and changing the name in a couple of characters just makes you a Banned Spammer Knucklehead.

The Forum admins will catch up with you shortly. Have a nice day.
2022-5-12
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe we should start a poll on who wants this as a feature. I certainly do. 9 days is way too long.
2022-5-12
Use props
Hans Groover
Banned

United States

2022-5-12
Use props
Hans Groover
Banned

United States

2022-5-12
Use props
Hans Groover
Banned

United States

2022-5-12
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

+1 great idea.  
2022-5-12
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hans Groover Posted at 5-12 13:06
"Knucklehead!” That's original!  ;+)

Thanks, I do try to be original when I can.
2022-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules