Another Question of fly higher than 400ft/120m
1069 6 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18880502 ft
United States

I ran into a problem today , I hope someone can help me.
I was flying in the Appalachian mountains today and had to stop my flight path twice because of terrain ahead of me that was higher than 400ft/120m I am limited too. . I was flying at 400ft/120 m following a gorge road  and the terrain went up  so need to go about 800ft/205m to make it over the mountain tops to continue my path.
I tried changing the flight level maxium in the safty setting panael but i was still limited to 400ft/120.  is there away to over ride this limit so we can make it over higher terrains? or is this a negitive?!

mountains 2.jpg

stoped flight because of limited 400 ft hieght

stoped flight because of limited 400 ft hieght
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unless youre in a flight altitude zone which is usually shown along the top left hand of the screen you can fly higher than 400ft if the setting in Safety -> Max Altitude is set to allow that.  I regularly fly up hills where I have to climb 600ft or more.     If my memory servies I think you have to set that before the flight starts.  
2022-5-10
Use props
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
United States

Thank you very much DAFlys  thats was exactly what i needed. I went back today and was able to fly the whole course .  brown mountain is 920ft and levels off  so being stuck at 400ft i was going to be <->this short <_> to be able to get to the tops .  which i was able to fly the complete gorge this evening  thanks to you
2022-5-11
Use props
Paul Lenz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3740 ft
Germany

You can also start from a hill top. That's the way I made this video. I started from a hill which is almost 200 m higher than the lake, so I was able to fly 300 m above the lake.
2022-5-12
Use props
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the advice in most cases I try to find places that are higher than I plan to fly. but in the Appalachian mountains  there no such place all the mountains are even  and you need to be able to elevate to match the landscape or you risk a crash

2022-5-12
Use props
Drone Obsession
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21086463 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think with the settings the height is 1640 ft when changed and you have to do it before flit but will stay set to that.
2022-5-19
Use props
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
United States

Thank you for the advice.
You are correct you have to set you flight height before take off unlike the RTH height settings which you can do on the fly so to speak.  I am figuring out slowly,  so far so good I've flown 22 miles  in 8 hours of flight time and thank god no mishaps accept for the fly app crashing once in a whil. flying the mountains is a blast  
2022-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules