• >>>
United Kingdom

Single SelectVote, Total 106 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bigplumbs. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Forum members can give out there valued insights with regards to this matte. Thank you.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Since there is no word on when the Smart or RC Pro controller will be supported I think its going to have to be the package with the RC with screen.
2022-5-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like the So called Baller edition is steaming ahead so far
2022-5-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

I got the normal with  controller mode. And only because it was a bargain. Otherwise I was planning to skip this mini as the price hike seems too much to be justified by the upgrades. The selling point for me was the bundle with fly more combo which now is separate. And the dji care refresh doubled in price also. Adding to that wide angle lens, nd filters it seems a bigger drone would be better choice which has it all. And combined with the couple of flights only I could squeeze so far this year not sure it’s justified.

Another thing I don’t understand is the hype for the new smart controller?! 700 nits only, faster battery drain, slower processor. I’d rather use my a lot brighter phone. And the mini 2 controller is a beast. I had so many flights in total since I have the drone and had charged the controller not more than 4 times
2022-5-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 5-11 01:00
I got the normal with  controller mode. And only because it was a bargain. Otherwise I was planning to skip this mini as the price hike seems too much to be justified by the upgrades. The selling point for me was the bundle with fly more combo which now is separate. And the dji care refresh doubled in price also. Adding to that wide angle lens, nd filters it seems a bigger drone would be better choice which has it all. And combined with the couple of flights only I could squeeze so far this year not sure it’s justified.

Another thing I don’t understand is the hype for the new smart controller?! 700 nits only, faster battery drain, slower processor. I’d rather use my a lot brighter phone. And the mini 2 controller is a beast. I had so many flights in total since I have the drone and had charged the controller not more than 4 times

700 Nits is very bright
2022-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Baller edition with Fly More Combo that has extended flight batteries.  
2022-5-11
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

too expensive
2022-5-11
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-10 23:59
Looks like the So called Baller edition is steaming ahead so far

hahaha - "Baller Edition"!

Love it!
2022-5-11
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-11 02:26
700 Nits is very bright

not sure how 700 nits would be bright enough if my phone on specification is 1000 and in bright sunlight i am struggling to see sometimes to the point where i bought the hood for that...I am afraid those 700 nits don't convince me. and having the hood already plus the certain longevity of the controller compared to the smart one is an easy decision.
2022-5-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 5-11 03:56
not sure how 700 nits would be bright enough if my phone on specification is 1000 and in bright sunlight i am struggling to see sometimes to the point where i bought the hood for that...I am afraid those 700 nits don't convince me. and having the hood already plus the certain longevity of the controller compared to the smart one is an easy decision.

Is yours an I phone... The auto dim you know
2022-5-11
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-11 05:03
Is yours an I phone... The auto dim you know

auto dim is different thing...when it happens even the hood does not help. on samsung is the same thing. in any way it is way better with the hood than the smart controller. pending to see how reliable is it on hot summer days. i will bet it won't be a big difference.
2022-5-11
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini 3 Pro w/ RC as well as Fly More Kit Plus.
2022-5-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

700 Nits is very bright

700 nits will be sufficient for the most part; however, for some people this won't work and you have to be there to find that out the hard way.
2022-5-11
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Curious to see if the RC pro will be compatible with Mini 3 pro.
2022-5-11
Use props
fans2ba7882f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 268091 ft
  • >>>
United States

I copped the Mini 3 with remote / screen and care pack for 1 year.
Still deciding on the combo pack... reg batteries or extended. I live in the US btw.
2022-5-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2ba7882f Posted at 5-11 07:54
I copped the Mini 3 with remote / screen and care pack for 1 year.
Still deciding on the combo pack... reg batteries or extended. I live in the US btw.

unless you are one of those who believe a 250g or less drone will afford you many advantages including the ability to forgo registration/tests and forgo all the drone rules then it simply doesn't make sense not to go with the extended batteries.  the additional weight and the the additional dollars don't outweigh the tremendous added benefit of a few extra minutes of flight time.  am i missing something?

seems to me americans should really desire these especially since they are unavailable elsewhere in the world.
2022-5-11
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-11 08:11
unless you are one of those who believe a 250g or less drone will afford you many advantages including the ability to forgo registration/tests and forgo all the drone rules then it simply doesn't make sense not to go with the extended batteries.  the additional weight and the the additional dollars don't outweigh the tremendous added benefit of a few extra minutes of flight time.  am i missing something?

seems to me americans should really desire these especially since they are unavailable elsewhere in the world.

Going with the extended flight time is a no-brainer IMHO.
2022-5-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-11 08:11
unless you are one of those who believe a 250g or less drone will afford you many advantages including the ability to forgo registration/tests and forgo all the drone rules then it simply doesn't make sense not to go with the extended batteries.  the additional weight and the the additional dollars don't outweigh the tremendous added benefit of a few extra minutes of flight time.  am i missing something?

I have never flown for more that 20 Mins so simply no need for the larger battery I feel. Plus live ini the UK where civilisation began
2022-5-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So 63 % so far going for the top model
2022-5-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could you add, if possible,  a "probably but will wait out the rush and any teething troubles" option and a "would like to but it's over priced" option?
That said it appears many are rushing in, Amazon lists it as a number 1 seller. I assume that is derived from actual payments and not predicted sales.
2022-5-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 00:26
Could you add, if possible,  a "probably but will wait out the rush and any teething troubles" option and a "would like to but it's over priced" option?
That said it appears many are rushing in, Amazon lists it as a number 1 seller. I assume that is derived from actual payments and not predicted sales.

What about a 'I will read loads wait a while and then time will have past and Rumors of the Mini 4 will have started so I will wait for that'................ Live Die Repeat........ Live Die Repeat
2022-5-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You think so. I dont
2022-5-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-12 08:42
What about a 'I will read loads wait a while and then time will have past and Rumors of the Mini 4 will have started so I will wait for that'................ Live Die Repeat........ Live Die Repeat

Yes you could do that but I would wait for the Mk5
2022-5-12
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

And Fly More Plus
2022-5-12
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

700 Nits is very bright

It could be better
2022-5-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Note Ultra 5g is 1500 nits (same as the S21 Ultra), so I am waiting to see what the comparison is between that and the Screened controller, look forward to a none biased report please ;)
2022-5-15
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Bashy Posted at 5-15 17:16
My Note Ultra 5g is 1500 nits (same as the S21 Ultra), so I am waiting to see what the comparison is between that and the Screened controller, look forward to a none biased report please ;)

The smart controller for the Mini 3 Pro has 1000 nits according to Swedrone here in Sweden and sells for Euro 689. Thinking of buying this one, as it also has O3 video transferring.
2022-5-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-16 08:00
The smart controller for the Mini 3 Pro has 1000 nits according to Swedrone here in Sweden and sells for Euro 689. Thinking of buying this one, as it also has O3 video transferring.

Thats incorrect, its only 700 nits
2022-7-12
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Bashy Posted at 7-12 18:53
Thats incorrect, its only 700 nits

Not sure which controller he was referring to.
At Euro 689, he was definitely not talking about the DJI RC.    Maybe he did not realize that other controllers are not compatible with the Mini 3 Pro at this point.
2022-7-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nosnoop Posted at 7-12 21:34
Not sure which controller he was referring to.
At Euro 689, he was definitely not talking about the DJI RC.    Maybe he did not realize that other controllers are not compatible with the Mini 3 Pro at this point.

Thats a good point, thanks, perhaps the older Smart Controller then as the Pro is a fair bit more...
2022-7-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The RC Pro does not work with the Mini 3 pro at the moment and is I think inferior to the DJI RC that currently works with the Mavic 3 and Mini 3
2022-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules