Is the Air 2S the forgotten child now that the Mini 3 is out?
2087 16 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PROTEUS2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8245 ft
United States

Seen lots of comparisons online at other forums how the Mini 3 is better image quality than the Air 2S etc.  Is the Air 2S going off into the sunset to die now?  If DJI was smart, they would continue to support the Air 2S with new features through software updates that will still make it more desirable.  Maybe some new Master Shots or exclusive modes the Mini 3 would not have or just not capable of doing, like expanding upon the 5k video.  What do you guys think?  Let's drops some hints.

2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PROTEUS2. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The DJI Air 2S is not listed as obsolete or end of life. For as long as the DJI Drone is still available on the DJI's official online store ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-air-2s?vid=104122 ), DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-10
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Whoever says that the Mini 3 Pro has better image quality doesn't understand that a 1 inch sensor is ALWAYS better than one with 1/1.3-inches and that 48 MP photo quality with Quad Bayer (12 MP actually) will never equal 20 MPs. Trust me, I'm a photographer and I use my Air 2S for photography mostly. The only thing better with the Mini 3 Pro is the flight time. For me having a sub 250 g drone is not a goal, I'm perfectly fine carrying my Air 2S wherever I want it and I also don't have a problem with the required licenses (A1/A3, A2 in the EU).
It always comes down to what one wants to do with the drone but I personally don't consider the Mini 3 Pro to be better at all than the Air 2S.
2022-5-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the public hasn't forgotten but im pretty sure nobody at dji flies one of these or has one on their desk.  but you'll still get software updates.  i don't believe the air2s was ever exactly in the spotlight, it was never the flagship drone.  on the back burner better describes the air2s.  this drone will come back to life once the price comes down and the refurbs start flowing.
2022-5-11
Use props
PROTEUS2
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-11 08:00
the public hasn't forgotten but im pretty sure nobody at dji flies one of these or has one on their desk.  but you'll still get software updates.  i don't believe the air2s was ever exactly in the spotlight, it was never the flagship drone.  on the back burner better describes the air2s.  this drone will come back to life once the price comes down and the refurbs start flowing.

There were a lot of rave reviews about it a year ago when it went from the Air 2 to the Air 2S.  Most of the videos I saw I agree with.  It sat right between the mini 2 and the Mavic 3.  
2022-5-11
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

Hrodnand Posted at 5-11 06:39
Whoever says that the Mini 3 Pro has better image quality doesn't understand that a 1 inch sensor is ALWAYS better than one with 1/1.3-inches and that 48 MP photo quality with Quad Bayer (12 MP actually) will never equal 20 MPs. Trust me, I'm a photographer and I use my Air 2S for photography mostly. The only thing better with the Mini 3 Pro is the flight time. For me having a sub 250 g drone is not a goal, I'm perfectly fine carrying my Air 2S wherever I want it and I also don't have a problem with the required licenses (A1/A3, A2 in the EU).
It always comes down to what one wants to do with the drone but I personally don't consider the Mini 3 Pro to be better at all than the Air 2S.

I agree
2022-5-12
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

Air 2s is king, what it can do for the value it's my go to drone. True 20mgp camera. And so far very reliable won't be long until you see these you tubers talking up the mini 3 and all the hype will fade. And start complaining.

2022-5-12
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191184 ft
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-10 23:56
Hello there PROTEUS2. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The DJI Air 2S is not listed as obsolete or end of life. For as long as the DJI Drone is still available on the DJI's official online store ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-air-2s?vid=104122 ), DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.

but all the cries from A2s users not attended to
2022-5-12
Use props
PROTEUS2
lvl.2
United States

Selian Seeni Posted at 5-12 04:53

Hmm, that's not good.  DJI better get on it ASAP and pay attention to the Air 2S owners or they may lose them to companies who appreciate brand loyalty from their customers.
2022-5-12
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

I'm thinking about getting the Air 2s and I noticed the price for the stand-alone version went down, but not the Fly more bundle. Do you think that one will go down any time soon?
2022-5-13
Use props
MikeBark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55036 ft
South Africa

It does appear as if DJI are not concerned about the Air 2s or for the many people who bought the Air 2s. There have been a number of requests to add the Air 2s and its controller to the DJI Flight simulator, these requests appear to have fallen on deaf ears.
Is it really that difficult to add the Air 2s to the flight simulator? Purchased the Air 2s recently only to find out that its not supported in the flight simulator. If I had realised that sooner I would not have purchased the Air 2s. Please DJI listen to my and many other plights of your average consumers to add the Air 2s to the flight simulator. 
2022-5-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

MikeBark Posted at 5-22 11:17

It does appear as if DJI are not concerned about the Air 2s or for the many people who bought the Air 2s. There have been a number of requests to add the Air 2s and its controller to the DJI Flight simulator, these requests appear to have fallen on deaf ears.

are you saying there are newer drones added to the flight simulator and they skipped over the a2s?
2022-5-22
Use props
PROTEUS2
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, what's up with that?  I used to work in that industry making video games with programmers and artist. That whole sim is all built, it would take almost no time to ask one of their programmers to add the Air2s.  A 3D model could be done in a day the programming maybe a day or two because to be honest, they are probably just swapping out the 3D models with the same Ai.   In fact they probably already have the 3D model since that's what they use to make the parts that come from the factory, and it' would be really accurate.  If anything the artist would have to simplify it to reduce the poly count.
2022-5-23
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

I have no desire of anything but my Air 2S.  Of course, it is still new to me.  I hope to have many good years with it.

There will always be new products.  Continued support is always my hope.
2022-5-23
Use props
Alexanderz_22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309659 ft
Canada

I completely agree here except the camera quality part it’s like they completely forgot they even made this Drone this thing haven’t received any new feature updates or bug fixes because I have a very big one that interferes with the way the Drone flies and I am extremely angry and disappointed about this and it doesn’t look like they’re going to update his drone anymore The reason I bought this thing with the better camera quality and better performance but I got more problems with that than my old one and I was also hoping for regular bug fixes and future updates but they have completely stopped doing anything to it and they are only pushing all those new features to their new drones this kind of infuriates me I don’t know why DJ I would ever do that to us
2023-12-21
Use props
Redblade12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309659 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 2022-5-11 08:00
the public hasn't forgotten but im pretty sure nobody at dji flies one of these or has one on their desk.  but you'll still get software updates.  i don't believe the air2s was ever exactly in the spotlight, it was never the flagship drone.  on the back burner better describes the air2s.  this drone will come back to life once the price comes down and the refurbs start flowing.

For a $2000 drone you would think it would have all of its bugs fixed up and would be a ready to use product but the active track seems like it is still in beta judging that a ton of people keep reporting that the drone will keep trying to decapitate you which I personally I’ve had it try to do that before multiple times it is probably got to be the worst active tracking Drone  they’ve ever released The thing try to fly sideways even though it has no left and right sensors so when there’s an objective ahead it’ll Fly  into the other object on its Side it doesn’t feel like a finished product there are lots of weird issues with this drone that are still there I have a couple annoying ones when making certain stick manoeuvres to Drone will jerk randomly and make uncommitted manoeuvres I feel scammed
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules