New DJI MIC Firmware Released (5/11/2022)
12Next >
6199 48 2022-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.05.11
  • Firmware: v02.00.72.80

What' s new?
  • Added Transmitter Settings for receiver include REC Stop Lock, Auto Record, and LED Brightness.
REC Stop Lock is off by default. If REC Stop Lock is on, the user cannot stop recording when pressing the REC button to avoid unexpected operation.
Auto Record is off by default. When Auto record is enabled, the transmitter will automatically start internal recording when powering on.
LED Brightness allows the user to set the brightness of the LEDs of the transmitter.
  • Fixed some bugs.

Notes:
  • When the firmware is updated, the settings of DJI Mic will be restored to default.
  • If the firmware fails to update, restart the transmitter and receiver and try again. Contact DJI Support if the firmware update fails again.

2022-5-11
Use props
Jordan Hall
New

United States

I just got my DJI mic.... yesterday. I followed the firmware steps and now my Receiver doesn't work at all. I've tried a factory reset, linking the transmitters manually... Nothing is working. I'm so frustrated. I waiting since 5 months ago for this, and I've had it less than 24 hours and it's bricked! I am trying to like this more than the RODE wireless go ii, but HOW is this already not working at all.... I don't even know how I'm going to be able to get a replacement because they aren't in stock anywhere.
2022-5-14
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jordan Hall Posted at 5-14 14:22
I just got my DJI mic.... yesterday. I followed the firmware steps and now my Receiver doesn't work at all. I've tried a factory reset, linking the transmitters manually... Nothing is working. I'm so frustrated. I waiting since 5 months ago for this, and I've had it less than 24 hours and it's bricked! I am trying to like this more than the RODE wireless go ii, but HOW is this already not working at all.... I don't even know how I'm going to be able to get a replacement because they aren't in stock anywhere.

May I ask a couple of questions that I hope won't irritate you? I'm assuming the unit at least turns on since you have attempted a factory reset.

1. Did you get the red and green alternating lights when you updated the transmitters?
2. Do the Firmware Version and Transmitter Version in Settings>Information match?

If it helps, I received my unit on Monday and did the firmware update, with a little trepidation, yesterday (Saturday).
MY PROCEDURE:

I unzipped the firmware download, which resulted in two .BIN files - dji_wirelessmic_rx_v02.00.72.80.bin and dji_wirelessmic_tx_v02.00.72.80.bin

I connected the receiver to my Windows 11 laptop, which recognised it as a removable drive.

I double-clicked this new removable drive to find it was empty.

I copied the first file (the one with rx in the filename) to the empty removable drive and disconnected it. I did try to eject first but my PC said it was in use, so I held my breath and pulled out the USB-C cable.

The receiver's screen immediately came up with "Updating", which lasted about 20 seconds.

I then connected transmitter 1, which again came up as an empty removable drive.

I copied the smaller second (tx) file to the empty removable drive and disconnected. The pilot light immediately began flashing red and green for 10 seconds or less.

The other transmitter went slightly differently in that it wasn't empty. I'm guessing the folder I found may have been created when I was fooling with my new toy and maybe pressed record but I don't know for sure.

Nor did the second transmitter flash alternately when I disconnected it. After a while, believing that maybe something went wrong, I reconnected to my PC at which point it began flashing red and green for 10 seconds or so while connected. I've no clue why the second transmitter update went differently.

I then checked the Firmware Version and Transmitter Version in Settings>Information. All showed the new firmware version. The new settings - REC STOP LOCK, AUTO RECORD and LED BRIGHTNESS were all present and correct.

You will have to perform initial setup again (language, date and time) even though the most recent settings are retained. Mine stayed as English with the current date, but the clock seemed to have lost a couple of minutes. I suspect the date and time stop running during the update process and the 'lost' two minutes represented the time it took.  

I presume you followed broadly the same procedure but there may be something in my description that triggers something in your mind. Good luck, I'm having a problem with my mount adapter for my DJI Ronin 4D. Fortunately it hasn't turned the camera into a £6,000 paperweight but I understand waiting patiently for a product and not being able to use it once it eventually shows up.

2022-5-15
Use props
Paul Kramm
lvl.2
United States

It would be nice to have a firmware update that will give the iPhone 13 stereo mic input instead of mono.
What good is it if you have two microphones coming into filmic Pro in your iPhone 13 and it makes it mono you can't mix it later.
And I'm aware that you can record from each transmitter but it's just one more thing I have to do in post production.
2022-5-15
Use props
Randy A
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

TooDeep Posted at 5-15 03:19
May I ask a couple of questions that I hope won't irritate you? I'm assuming the unit at least turns on since you have attempted a factory reset.

1. Did you get the red and green alternating lights when you updated the transmitters?

Thank you so much for this post. It made me realize that there were two .bin files, one for the transmitters and one for the receiver. I was trying to use the rx file for both, duh. For some reason when I run unzip on my Windows 10 PC it will only unzip the first file in the list. I usually have to run it a second time. I failed to notice there were two files. I will try again today to install the tx file on my transmitters. Thanks again!
2022-5-17
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Randy A Posted at 5-17 03:29
Thank you so much for this post. It made me realize that there were two .bin files, one for the transmitters and one for the receiver. I was trying to use the rx file for both, duh. For some reason when I run unzip on my Windows 10 PC it will only unzip the first file in the list. I usually have to run it a second time. I failed to notice there were two files. I will try again today to install the tx file on my transmitters. Thanks again!

Glad I could help. The reason I went into such detail is because I could easily have made the same mistake you did or, more likely, copied both files to the receiver. I'm not sure what damage this might have caused but I doubt I would have spent my weekend relaxing. Good luck.
2022-5-17
Use props
Rhey Corpuz
New

United Arab Emirates

TooDeep Posted at 5-15 03:19
May I ask a couple of questions that I hope won't irritate you? I'm assuming the unit at least turns on since you have attempted a factory reset.

I update my DJI mic. Very helpful. Thank you.
2022-5-18
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rhey Corpuz Posted at 5-18 02:58
I update my DJI mic. Very helpful. Thank you.

You are very welcome. Have fun.
2022-5-18
Use props
fans73f9b3a5
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I updated the firmware a few days ago, and now one of my transmitters will not connect either by placing it in the case or manually linking.
2022-5-21
Use props
djiuser_Lb2MQAj7vnkq
lvl.1

Canada

I got my DJI Mic yesterday, everything worked until this firmware update. Now one of the Tx will not connect at all. Tried everything. What do I do?
2022-5-21
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans73f9b3a5 Posted at 5-21 06:44
I updated the firmware a few days ago, and now one of my transmitters will not connect either by placing it in the case or manually linking.

Pardon me if it's a silly question but is that transmitter's firmware version what it should be in Settings>Version>Transmitter Version? If not, according to the tutorial DJI posted yesterday, where the update doesn't work it's fine to do it again. Personally I would start with a reset to factory settings but it's just an opinion.
2022-5-21
Use props
djiuser_Lb2MQAj7vnkq
lvl.1

Canada

TooDeep Posted at 5-21 08:07
Pardon me if it's a silly question but is that transmitter's firmware version what it should be in Settings>Version>Transmitter Version? If not, according to the tutorial DJI posted yesterday, where the update doesn't work it's fine to do it again. Personally I would start with a reset to factory settings but it's just an opinion.

I can't see the Tx firmware version because they don't connect. I've tried re-updating the firmware about 10 times, and factory reset a few times. Nothing I try will get the Rx to see the Tx after this firmware. I've tried the linking procedures, reboots, but I don't know what else to try at this point. I think I might have to return it to B&H, unless someone has a fix.
2022-5-21
Use props
Randy A
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

TooDeep Posted at 5-17 13:49
Glad I could help. The reason I went into such detail is because I could easily have made the same mistake you did or, more likely, copied both files to the receiver. I'm not sure what damage this might have caused but I doubt I would have spent my weekend relaxing. Good luck.

Once I copied the correct file, the transmitters updated just fine. I now can change the brightness of the leds which was the first test I tried after updating. Thanks!
2022-5-24
Use props
wildworks
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_Lb2MQAj7vnkq Posted at 5-21 08:04
I got my DJI Mic yesterday, everything worked until this firmware update. Now one of the Tx will not connect at all. Tried everything. What do I do?

I'm having the same issue as well. I just got the DJI Mic on Monday
2022-6-6
Use props
Ming Yuvacharaskul
New

Thailand

I have got the problem to use DJI mic with my fuji x-s10, when I record the video the sound did not come. I tried with my iphone12 and my Fuji X-E4 and it works well.
I don't know what to do. any suggestion?
2022-6-8
Use props
Jurgen3
New

Israel

Paul Kramm Posted at 5-15 07:05
It would be nice to have a firmware update that will give the iPhone 13 stereo mic input instead of mono.
What good is it if you have two microphones coming into filmic Pro in your iPhone 13 and it makes it mono you can't mix it later.
And I'm aware that you can record from each transmitter but it's just one more thing I have to do in post production.

It is an iPhone limitation - the Lightning adaptor supports only mono sound input
2022-6-10
Use props
wildworks
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_ZrhUghL9sm7b Posted at 6-9 21:37
I just got my DJI mic.... yesterday. I followed the firmware steps and now my Receiver doesn't work at all. I've tried a factory reset, linking the transmitters manually...

I ordered mine from Amazon and had to do a replacement. I am waiting on a new one in a week. I am thinking I should hold off doing the firmware update since it sounds like people are encountering issues of receivers or transmitters not connecting.
2022-6-10
Use props
OscardaGrouch
lvl.1

United States

Brand new out of the box, they were working fine before the firmware update, and now one is bricked. How is it that this garbage company has had botched firmware up for a month?

And they don't want to handle it over the phone, wanting to move to email instead. I bought these for an assignment next week and this screws a lot of things up.

Garbage company, garbage product -- first and last DJI tool in my kit.
2022-6-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

OscardaGrouch Posted at 6-10 14:04
Brand new out of the box, they were working fine before the firmware update, and now one is bricked. How is it that this garbage company has had botched firmware up for a month?

And they don't want to handle it over the phone, wanting to move to email instead. I bought these for an assignment next week and this screws a lot of things up.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we confirm that only one of the TX failed to update the firmware or all?  For your feedback on our services, we will forward it to our designated teams. Would you please tell us through which channel you contact our support? May we have reference numbers? You may tell us through PM. Thanks!
2022-6-11
Use props
Paul Kramm
lvl.2
United States

wildworks Posted at 6-10 09:44
I ordered mine from Amazon and had to do a replacement. I am waiting on a new one in a week. I am thinking I should hold off doing the firmware update since it sounds like people are encountering issues of receivers or transmitters not connecting.

FYI, here's one downside for this fabulous mic system, when you use it with an iPhone you only get mono mode you do not get separate stereo left and right channel. Please DJI, with a software update could you please make it so the iPhone will stay in stereo mode in not forced into mono mode… I know you can use the transmitter's as recorders but it's just one more step I have to work with when I get into post production. I work on long documentaries and I don't need more files to keep track of or hard Drive space…
2022-6-11
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wildworks Posted at 6-10 09:44
I ordered mine from Amazon and had to do a replacement. I am waiting on a new one in a week. I am thinking I should hold off doing the firmware update since it sounds like people are encountering issues of receivers or transmitters not connecting.

I'd say wait for DJI to address it, although I did the firmware update almost as soon as it was released and was fortunate enough not to have had any problems. While I imagine those who have had problems are in a small minority made to appear significant because satisfied customers are less likely to report that fact, I would not risk it now for the limited additional features it brings, none of which were promised when I first became interested.

Like I said, my update went smoothly and I posted the steps I took in detail precisely because I identified places I, and therefore others, could have gone wrong. That said, I believe too many users have encountered similar issues for user error to be a factor.
I've just pre-ordered an additional unit and will be taking my own advice to leave well alone until DJI come up with a definitive answer.
2022-6-11
Use props
OscardaGrouch
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-11 00:46
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we confirm that only one of the TX failed to update the firmware or all?  For your feedback on our services, we will forward it to our designated teams. Would you please tell us through which channel you contact our support? May we have reference numbers? You may tell us through PM. Thanks!

One Tx failed, don't trust that the other won't. I tried reinstalling the firmware, letting the Tx run down its battery until shutoff, formatting, manually linking, etc.

Y'all have enough feedback here to PULL THE FIRMWARE for these bugs, but nope. Absolute incompetence to have this up for a MONTH while its bricking Txs.

Then your half-ass phone support won't do anything about it.

No reference numbers, no help, no follow-up email. I doubt y'all did anything useful -- and I'm contacting Adorama tomorrow to begin a return process. You guys don't sell toys, these are tools for work and the lack of wherewidthal on this is shocking given DJI has been in the professional market for so long.

There will be no PMs, all communication will be public. Customers deserve at least a little transparancy.
2022-6-11
Use props
OscardaGrouch
lvl.1

United States

Paul Kramm Posted at 6-11 06:24
FYI, here's one downside for this fabulous mic system, when you use it with an iPhone you only get mono mode you do not get separate stereo left and right channel. Please DJI, with a software update could you please make it so the iPhone will stay in stereo mode in not forced into mono mode… I know you can use the transmitter's as recorders but it's just one more step I have to work with when I get into post production. I work on long documentaries and I don't need more files to keep track of or hard Drive space…

It's the same on Android too.

How these goofballs have a job is beyond me.
2022-6-11
Use props
OscardaGrouch
lvl.1

United States

Update: I think the issue is with the Rx. You can only get one or the other Tx to connect, no. 2 finally jumped on, but no. 1 didn't. They won't link together. Both have the current firmware though, as does the Rx.
2022-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

OscardaGrouch Posted at 6-11 07:45
One Tx failed, don't trust that the other won't. I tried reinstalling the firmware, letting the Tx run down its battery until shutoff, formatting, manually linking, etc.

Y'all have enough feedback here to PULL THE FIRMWARE for these bugs, but nope. Absolute incompetence to have this up for a MONTH while its bricking Txs.

Hello, there. Sorry for your misleading. We want to check and confirm the service feedback you mentioned above. We would like to know if you could offer us your phone number? For your request for the phone services, we would also forward it to our designated teams. We are consulting your issue with our engineers. We would reply to you soon as we get a response from them.
2022-6-12
Use props
wildworks
lvl.2
Canada

FYI, here's one downside for this fabulous mic system, when you use it with an iPhone you only get mono mode you do not get separate stereo left and right channel. Please DJI, with a software update could you please make it so the iPhone will stay in stereo mode in not forced into mono mode… I know you can use the transmitter's as recorders but it's just one more step I have to work with when I get into post production. I work on long documentaries and I don't need more files to keep track of or hard Drive space…

I won't be using it for my iPhone. I will likely provide for someone's iPhone for their content creation if I meet up with friends.
I don't think mono would be an issue for them if they're using it for Instagram.

So yeah, I won't be doing a firmware update and don't want to get another headache with the bricking.
2022-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

wildworks Posted at 6-12 05:26
I won't be using it for my iPhone. I will likely provide for someone's iPhone for their content creation if I meet up with friends.
I don't think mono would be an issue for them if they're using it for Instagram.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded this problem to the relevant team and they will check this problem. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for the feedback. We have forwarded this problem to the relevant team and they will check this problem. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you again for this advice.
2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

OscardaGrouch Posted at 6-11 16:16
Update: I think the issue is with the Rx. You can only get one or the other Tx to connect, no. 2 finally jumped on, but no. 1 didn't. They won't link together. Both have the current firmware though, as does the Rx.

Hi, there. We have checked your case and sent your feedback to the relevant team. Could you please tell us which number you call when you contact our support? And regarding the problem you encountered, could you please send us the firmware version information of the RX and the video of the re-upgrade of the TX1. We will review this issue and reply to you as soon as possible.
2022-6-13
Use props
OscardaGrouch
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-13 00:49
Hi, there. We have checked your case and sent your feedback to the relevant team. Could you please tell us which number you call when you contact our support? And regarding the problem you encountered, could you please send us the firmware version information of the RX and the video of the re-upgrade of the TX1. We will review this issue and reply to you as soon as possible.

Fuck no I won't shoot video of these things and kill time, lol. And they're in a box back to Adorama since y'all were too lazy to act when I originally contacted DJI. And if you've read anything I've said here, especially under this relevant forum topic, you'd know which version was installed.

Never mind the tone-deaf response I did get via email, it's like y'all aren't capable of supporting the products you sell.

PULL THE FIRMWARE, clearly there are issues.
2022-6-14
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Dji.
2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

OscardaGrouch Posted at 6-14 14:00
Fuck no I won't shoot video of these things and kill time, lol. And they're in a box back to Adorama since y'all were too lazy to act when I originally contacted DJI. And if you've read anything I've said here, especially under this relevant forum topic, you'd know which version was installed.

Never mind the tone-deaf response I did get via email, it's like y'all aren't capable of supporting the products you sell.

Hello, there. Our relevant team has contacted you via email, please have a check. And we are sorry for any inconvenience caused again.
2022-6-15
Use props
wildworks
lvl.2
Canada

I got my replacement on Wednesday and I don't think I will do the firmware update until there's a new version. Do you think it would be an issue with the files and M1 Macs?
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_C2IosrRXDYXf
New

United States

I'm have the same problems as others. I updated the firmware, and now the gimble is useless. It won't connect, I have a flashing red and green light, and I will not let me reset. I've used this twice.

Please help
2022-6-18
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Dji.
2022-6-19
Use props
OscardaGrouch
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-15 18:04
Hello, there. Our relevant team has contacted you via email, please have a check. And we are sorry for any inconvenience caused again.

Y'all were absolutely tone-deaf, sending boiler-plate responses and not actually reading my responses.

It's incredible how bad DJI is at basic customer service.

PULL THE FIRMWARE you gotdang morons.
2022-6-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

OscardaGrouch Posted at 6-30 15:06
Y'all were absolutely tone-deaf, sending boiler-plate responses and not actually reading my responses.

It's incredible how bad DJI is at basic customer service.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. You can also send us your product via this link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair We will help you to check and do our best to help. If you have more needs or questions, you can contact us at any time
2022-7-1
Use props
OscardaGrouch
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-1 01:06
Hi, there. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. You can also send us your product via this link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair We will help you to check and do our best to help. If you have more needs or questions, you can contact us at any time

And, just the same, another moron copy-pasting a boiler-plated script.

Pull the god damn firmware, get your processes fixed on customer service, grow some balls and be actual humans.

The ONLY thing that saved the day was Adorama being an exemplary example of how customer service actually works, unlike you doofuses.

2022-7-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

OscardaGrouch Posted at 7-1 04:44
And, just the same, another moron copy-pasting a boiler-plated script.

Pull the god damn firmware, get your processes fixed on customer service, grow some balls and be actual humans.

We have contacted you via PM to try to solve this problem. Could you please have a check?
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196811 ft
Latvia

Dear DJI Support, I’m not sure where I can send this suggestion, so I hope you can help me take it to whoever makes those kind of decisions. My suggestion: If technically possible, make the DJI Mic receiver to accept at least 3 Mic transmitters (and also sell the standalone transmitter for this). For wedding shooters, this would be so handy since we need to capture the groom, the bride, and the minister. This would make life so much easier being able to record internally on the transmitters, and also have this backup on the receiver being connected to the camera. Love those transmitters as they are small and can capture a good quality audio. And maybe, if not technically possible to add this 3rd transmitter to the receiver, maybe consider a “pro” version of the DJI Mic with 4 transmitters with 32 bit recording, and a receiver that can take those 4 transmitters with 2 stereo outputs (4 channels). That could work as well! Easily 500 to 600 euros imo. Maybe slightly more even.
2022-7-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules