9885 12 2022-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex Assenmacher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Andorra

my first and quick comparison, what do you think??

2022-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That mini3 footage looks so much nicer than the air2s to me.  
2022-5-11
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Great video!

The video comparison is very interesting!! I've got the Air 2s and maybe I'm slightly biased, as I can "see" a little more detail. However, the Mini 3 Pro seems to have a better dynamic range!
The price of the Mini 3 Pro is also amazing. This would have been my 1st drone over my purchase of the Mavic Pro 1. Also, it has vertical video, which I thought was gimmicky at the beginning, however, I make this now in post using Premiere Pro for Instagram, which is just extra work now.

I'm going to purchase one. I was saving up to get the RC Pro controller but where I am this costs $1529 AUD and the Mini Pro 3 is $1299, so for $230 more doesn't it make sense to get the Mini 3 Pro?
2022-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video Alex.    The Mini 3 Pro will get the nod in meeting weight rule restrictions.  However, the Air 2S is still a great drone.  I'm keeping the Air 2S and getting the Mini 3 Pro.  Mini 3 will be my travel drone for sure due to size, weight and flight time.
2022-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Alex Assenmacher. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video that you have filmed and created. Nicely done and thank you for your support.
2022-5-11
Use props
Aussierob78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740476 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mini-G Posted at 5-11 05:52
Great video!

The video comparison is very interesting!! I've got the Air 2s and maybe I'm slightly biased, as I can "see" a little more detail. However, the Mini 3 Pro seems to have a better dynamic range!

Hey fellow Aussie!

I've been looking at the Mini 3 Pro with RC bundle longingly. If the RC controller could work with the Air2s I'd buy one today. Not that I need two drones...

I was planning to save for the RC Pro too. I guess the price point is one reason why DJI might not make the RC compatible with other drones.
2022-5-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hard without a side by side comparison, also ya forgot about the Mini 3 Pro 48mp so whilst the Air 2s is better than the 12mp, so the 48mp that does clinch it
2022-5-13
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aussierob78 Posted at 5-13 19:11
Hey fellow Aussie!

I've been looking at the Mini 3 Pro with RC bundle longingly. If the RC controller could work with the Air2s I'd buy one today. Not that I need two drones...

I’m learning toward the Mini 3 Pro with the RC Controller…
If DJI wanted more sale they’d sell the RC controller as a stand-alone.
There’s a market for both RC And RC Pro
2022-5-14
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Ok, Air 2S is better in many ways but in 8 bit and in this type of footage with both having 150mb/s detail both seem to be the same and this is normal.
2022-5-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice comparison!
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_w6x5eH2egfJL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1898038 ft
United Kingdom

I think the air 2s is the professional drone better camera specs ^ sensor too...but in uk u are only supposed to fly it far away from buildings and never over people, so more hassle from police and people complaining, it's true the legislation & restrictions on the air 2s are tight, where the mini 3 sub 250g drone is a top hobbyist drone, sure it's camera ain't as good but u can fly urban and seaside getting nice shots so when I upgrade from my mini 2 it will be mini 3
2022-9-26
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for posting this interesting review Alex. Imho Air 2s has more professional features such as HLG 10 bit HDR color profile and most likely D-Log as well. Mini 3 Pro has D-Cinelike 10 bit semi-log color profile that can be used to create HDR videos. Imho Air 2s comes on top if you need to shoot really late evening / low light video / photo, Mini 3 Pro is great in good lighting though. Mini 3 Pro seems to have a great advantage for when flying in urban setting since it's so small it will most likely won't bother people, where Air 2s is bigger and more noticeable. Imho if you don't need night / late evening filming, Mini 3 Pro is awesome for its size with its capabilities, especially since DJI added 10 bit into D-Cinelike color profile that could be used to create true HDR videos. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-9-26
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290689 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It should be known to all experts, that the lowlight quality of the Mini 3 is better than that of the AIR 2S.
2022-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules