Phantom 3 Advanced.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alc0
lvl.1

United States

So I just tried to use my Phantom 3 for the first time.    I bought it years ago and then got distracted due to personal problems.   

Anyways...     when I take off the drone immediately rolled over onto its back.     Aside from grass and dirt getting on the drone it appears to be ok.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this to happen?

Thanks!
2022-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alc0. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check if the propellers of your DJI Phantom 3 advanced are on the proper motors of the DJI Drone. Thank you.

2022-5-11
Use props
alc0
lvl.1

United States

Yes!  When I put the props on (6 or so years ago) it looks like I did not properly follow the color instructions properly.   I fixed that problem and will hopefully get a chance to see if this fixes the problem.    It has been waaay too hot outside!

Thank you!
2022-5-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's impossible not to follow the color instructions because the threads are opposite so that the props won't thread on if you try to do it incorrectly.  It helps to be a bit aggressive during launch.  I like to use the auto-launch.  Good luck.
2022-5-12
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Can you check actual the RC battery voltage, in the Go app?
2022-5-12
Use props
alc0
lvl.1

United States

Heh I have no idea how I managed to not notice the color coding on the props but this occurred many years ago during a not so nice part of my life .

All better now though.

I was able to launch with no issue (it was glorious btw,   I am used to cheaper holy stone drones)

Since I bought this drone so many years ago and it has remained untouched, my firmware is not up to date.   The controller was painless enough to update but when I tried connecting the gimbal to my computer (tried both a PC & a Mac) my computer never noticed a new connection.

So instead I put an SD card directly into my computer and put the "bin" file onto the SD card.   I then put that SD card into the slot on the gimbal and it at least appears to have worked.

Now...   I still need to update the camera firmware but I have not been able to locate where to find that software.          Is that updating process work the same as the drone firmware?     Just put the file onto an SD card and put it in the gimbal and it will automatically install?

Thank you very much!       This drone is amazing!!
2022-5-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Most experienced users will tell you it's best not to update unless you have a reason to update.  That's because there is a risk that the update will fail and your drone could become bricked.  Also, it might be a good idea to put a fan on your camera / gimbal during the update.

Nonetheless, it's your decision.  

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv

Good luck
2022-5-13
Use props
alc0
lvl.1

United States

Interesting, thank you for that tip.          I would much rather not have to worry about updating firmware (I don't even know what FIRMware does) so I will gladly follow that advice.

I should be good to go.      I still need to make sure that one update I did the other day actually worked but other than that I should be good to go.   I just gotta get my registration stuff in the mail.  

I do plan on getting a mini as it will be easier to carry with me when I travel.  

Thanks y'all for helping!
2022-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules