HowTo search and HowTo sort posts ?
625 8 2022-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Portugal

HowTo search posts and HowTo sort posts ?

- The forum has an OR-function to search if multiple keywords but it should have an AND-function. At least 90% of the results (of up to 60 pages ...) are now useless.

- The forum also lacks a sortfunction (especially after a search). A random presentation, with ie very old posts on top and anywhere inbetween, is very often not helpfull.

Do I miss some functions that are available somehow somewhere ?

2022-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Youre not missing anyting Wilfred the search here is terrible,   you might be better off using google to do it.    On google you can do "site:forum.dji.com search text" in the search box.  Remove the quotes and replace the search text for what you are looking for,    Ive noticed that google only take about 10 minutes to include news posts in their search results.   
2022-5-11
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 09:23
Youre not missing anyting Wilfred the search here is terrible,   you might be better off using google to do it.    On google you can do "site:forum.dji.com search text" in the search box.  Remove the quotes and replace the search text for what you are looking for,    Ive noticed that google only take about 10 minutes to include news posts in their search results.

Great tip, thanks. I will try to remember it. Maybe per tattoo haha.
2022-5-12
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 09:23
Youre not missing anyting Wilfred the search here is terrible,   you might be better off using google to do it.    On google you can do "site:forum.dji.com search text" in the search box.  Remove the quotes and replace the search text for what you are looking for,    Ive noticed that google only take about 10 minutes to include news posts in their search results.

2022-5-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You might find posts 8 & 9 of https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 3&page=1#pid2740774
interesting. I am holding my breath in anticipation of this being fixed
2022-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wilfried5719 Posted at 5-12 05:11

No probs Wilfred.  
2022-5-12
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 06:08
You might find posts 8 & 9 of https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 3&page=1#pid2740774
interesting. I am holding my breath in anticipation of this being fixed

Hi and thanks, but please check that link. It is not related to this "HowTo search and HowTo sort posts"-posts but to "Disable Downward Vision Sensors". You probably posted at the wrong post ?
2022-5-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wilfried5719 Posted at 5-12 08:36
Hi and thanks, but please check that link. It is not related to this "HowTo search and HowTo sort posts"-posts but to "Disable Downward Vision Sensors". You probably posted at the wrong post ?

Sorry I got the correct thread but the wrong post numbers.

I should have cited posts #10, by me
"The search feature in this forum is not very good. I find it is better to do a google search instead.
For me a google search more often than not picks up threads that the forum's own search does not".
& post #11 by DJI Thor.
"Thanks for your feedback. We have forwarded it to our team. "
2022-5-12
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 09:11
Sorry I got the correct thread but the wrong post numbers.

I should have cited posts #10, by me

Oke. I just remember that the helpdesk of a cyclingapp even advised me to do the google-search first. HowTo have active communitymembers who generate many new posts ? By having no decent searchengine. Not helping a lot.

2022-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules