702 7 2022-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffminnesota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1134226 ft
United States

Drone Repair Advice: wondering if anyone has experience
lixing damage to drone like this: Drone (Mini 2) flew backward into something, one
of the arms appears to have pulled out screws that hold arm
rotator socket to body of Mini2, thinking I could just epoxy the
screws into the body.…. Or should I send to DJl, what do you
think they would charge, would they do anything different?  How much would DJI charge, how long would it take?
Thanks for adviceI would like to get a rough estimate of the cost of repairing damage to my DJI Mini 2.  Drone ran into object, it appears that screws holding arm socket  to body have pulled out of the body.  Looks like there is one or more screws that left rear arm socket to body, and they have pulled out of body.

screws pulled out of body

screws pulled out of body
2022-5-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Jeffminnesota. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I'm sorry to read and to know about the incident. Please be advised that if the drone encountered a crash incident, we recommend for the drone be sent in and for it to undergo proper assessment. Please be reminded that, if you self-repair or modify the unit within the service guarantee period, the service guarantee or warranty will be voided. You may kindly visit this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry for you to have a reference for the Accessory Price Inquiry. You can also visit this link to our aftersales policy https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav Lastly, you may kindly visit this link https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav to our corresponding team for further assistance on the request. Thank you.
2022-5-11
Use props
jeffminnesota
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 5-11 17:26
Hi, Jeffminnesota. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I'm sorry to read and to know about the incident. Please be advised that if the drone encountered a crash incident, we recommend for the drone be sent in and for it to undergo proper assessment. Please be reminded that, if you self-repair or modify the unit within the service guarantee period, the service guarantee or warranty will be voided. You may kindly visit this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry for you to have a reference for the Accessory Price Inquiry. You can also visit this link to our aftersales policy https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav Lastly, you may kindly visit this link https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav to our corresponding team for further assistance on the request. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Diana for your response.  Do you have any idea how long it would take to get repaired, and how much it would cost?
2022-5-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jeffminnesota Posted at 5-11 20:14
Thank you DJI Diana for your response.  Do you have any idea how long it would take to get repaired, and how much it would cost?

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. It takes approx. 5-7 business days to repair your product after arriving at the DJI Service Center. You will receive an email notification after each step of the service process is complete. The repair fee needs to be confirmed after receiving the machine, and you will receive the relevant quotation at that time. Thank you for your support.
2022-5-11
Use props
jeffminnesota
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-11 22:24
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. It takes approx. 5-7 business days to repair your product after arriving at the DJI Service Center. You will receive an email notification after each step of the service process is complete. The repair fee needs to be confirmed after receiving the machine, and you will receive the relevant quotation at that time. Thank you for your support.

Thank You Natalia, the implication I get from your response is that it is impossible to estimate the cost of the repair before the technician sees the damage?
And I understand that the cost will be quoted to me before the repair is done.
thanks
Jeff Carter
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

jeffminnesota Posted at 5-12 07:32
Thank You Natalia, the implication I get from your response is that it is impossible to estimate the cost of the repair before the technician sees the damage?
And I understand that the cost will be quoted to me before the repair is done.
thanks

Hi Jeffminnesota. We are sorry to inform you that we cannot guarantee the total repair cost if the unit is still not yet received and properly assessed by our repair technicians. After the diagnosis and assessment, our corresponding team will send a notification regarding the results and total cost.
2022-5-12
Use props
jeffminnesota
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 5-12 10:17
Hi Jeffminnesota. We are sorry to inform you that we cannot guarantee the total repair cost if the unit is still not yet received and properly assessed by our repair technicians. After the diagnosis and assessment, our corresponding team will send a notification regarding the results and total cost.

Sure, I understand that.  Thanks for your help.  I called support and found out the parts are not too terribly expensive, and that you charge $65 per hour labor.  That gives me an idea of possible cost.
Thanks for your help
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

jeffminnesota Posted at 5-12 14:09
Sure, I understand that.  Thanks for your help.  I called support and found out the parts are not too terribly expensive, and that you charge $65 per hour labor.  That gives me an idea of possible cost.
Thanks for your help

You're most welcome. Should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2022-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules