Mobile device CPU fully loaded... Why?
4131 5 2022-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

I could not find any definitive information to help me out so I am here to ask why I am seeing the "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" message on my iPad Mini 4 128gb w/ WiFi and cellular while using the DJI Fly app? I just purchased a Mini 2 and have only flown it twice but got this error message both times. I have uninstalled all unneccary apps and have no other apps running in the background while flying.
Is the DJI Fly app sucking up all of the CPU power from my iPad Mini 4?

I have never once had this problem with the Go 4 app over the past years using the Go 4 app with my two Spark drones. I tried doing a screen recording on the second flight and the CPU lag was horrendous at the least but thank goodness that the lag does not occur when not recording the screen.
Is this problem going to cause me to possibly lose my drone? I have not installed the latest aircraft firmware update, not that I think it would change anything in this situation.

Has DJI looked at this problem? Will it be addressed?

I hope to hear some answers from DJI on this if you would please.

Regards,

graywoulf

2022-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there graywoulf. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having these trouble and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Can you also please try to check if you could limit the capacity of video cache that would save in the application and enable the automatically delete the old cache. In addition, the DJI Fly application will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU. When the CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get hot. Kindly please try to switch the mobile device to Airplane Mode to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2022-5-11
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-11 22:44
Hello there graywoulf. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having these trouble and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Can you also please try to check if you could limit the capacity of video cache that would save in the application and enable the automatically delete the old cache. In addition, the DJI Fly application will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU. When the CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get hot. Kindly please try to switch the mobile device to Airplane Mode to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.

Hello DJI Stephen and thank you for your reply. After some further research, I did set the cache limit to "auto" and set my iPad Mini 4 to "airplane mode" and that seems to have done the trick. I was unaware that the CPU Fully Loaded issue could seriously affect the flight controls.

I do not have any other devices other than a older LG phone which I am sure would perform even more poorly.

Are there any plans in the works to address this overloading the device's CPU by DJI in the near future? Myself and a lot of others would like to know since a lot of DJI pilots bought the iPad Mini 4 as a dedicated flight controller assistant. I cannot afford to upgrade my iPad on my current retirement income.

Thank you,

graywoulf
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

graywoulf Posted at 5-12 18:37
Hello DJI Stephen and thank you for your reply. After some further research, I did set the cache limit to "auto" and set my iPad Mini 4 to "airplane mode" and that seems to have done the trick. I was unaware that the CPU Fully Loaded issue could seriously affect the flight controls.

I do not have any other devices other than a older LG phone which I am sure would perform even more poorly.

Hi there graywoulf. Thank you for the reply and it is good to know that the issue was rectified. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-5-16
Use props
EatnGRITSisFun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181211 ft

United States

I have the iPad Mini 4 128gb also. Bought it to use with my mini 3. No matter what I try I continue to get the "mobile device CPU fully loaded" message and then transmission video and controls become choppy. I've turned off cache completely and disabled WIFI and Bluetooth. What next?
2023-7-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

EatnGRITSisFun Posted at 7-2 11:59
I have the iPad Mini 4 128gb also. Bought it to use with my mini 3. No matter what I try I continue to get the "mobile device CPU fully loaded" message and then transmission video and controls become choppy. I've turned off cache completely and disabled WIFI and Bluetooth. What next?

Hi, EatnGRITSisFun. Thank you for reaching out. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. When this warning appears, touch the device and check whether it feels hot. If so, use a light shed or sun umbrella. Avoid placing the device in direct sunlight, as this may cause a decrease in the CPU frequency or overloading and affect the flight experience.
2. If the DJI Fly app is v1.4.2 or later, please turn it off manually [Phone Charging].
3. If the battery level is low when this warning appears, we recommend charging the device to guarantee optimum performance and flight experience.
4. If the device battery level is sufficient (such as above 50%) and the device temperature is normal, consider the age of the device. For example, was it purchased more than two years ago? If so, the reason might be that the mobile device is aging and cannot reach its optimum performance. We recommend keeping your mobile device fully charged as much as possible and avoiding direct sunlight. If this issue appears frequently and greatly affects the flight experience, we recommend using a relatively new mobile device.
2023-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules