Is there any way to access HDMI on Mini 3 Pro?
39447 33 2022-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody had luck accessing HDMI on the new Mini 3 Pro controller? It looks like there are two USB-C inputs underneath the new controller, one appears to be power but what about the second USB-C input? Could you just connect a capture device or would a USB-C to HDMI cord produce a HDMI clean out, like that found on my Mini 2 and Smart Controller? Not having an option to connect the controller, paird successfully with another device, perhaps an encoder and live streamer, creates a nice void any professional broadcast immediately becomes a stalwart?

My next question is will the Mini 3 Pro become compatible with the DJI RC Pro controller, for that found on the Mavic 3 and Air 2s? What about the DJI Goggles receive a firmware update enabling it to be compatible with the DJI FPV Goggles, which can feed a live video source, will this feature in the future come to being compatible with the Mini 3 Pro? I'm sorry but I'm thinking, if the controller has no way to produce any video output from HDMI or not, DJI not planning to offer a compatible option of the RC Pro with the Mini 3 Pro, then inferior reason not to purhase the drone with the premium controller the reason not to purchase this option perhaps to wait for the firmware on the RC Pro provides the better, more feature rich option, so I'd guess many would instead wait hopefully for a firmware update on the RC Pro, rather than purchase the Mini 3 Pro with a controller that lacks more ability to use the drone for important media and live stream purposes, therefore the Mini 3 Pro compatibility issue in the future may not futureproof this overlooked but important feature?

Thanks!
2022-5-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I really hope so as i want to be able to use my goggles again without the P4P in play, but because the rubber stopper says Host, i am not hopeful unless it means Host Out, if so then i think its a real possibility

2022-5-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Damn, as per the manual, the Host port is for a cellular module, the main USB-C port is for charging and connecting to the computer, therefore no HDMI
2022-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David Martin Graff. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that the DJI RC for the DJI Mini 3 has no HDMI Port. The three inputs under the DJI RC are as follows the USB-C Port for charging and connecting the remote controller to the computer, the microSD card Slot for inserting a microSD card and a Host Port for connection the DJI Cellular Module which needs to be purchased separately. Thank you.
2022-5-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-11 22:16
Hello there David Martin Graff. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that the DJI RC for the DJI Mini 3 has no HDMI Port. The three inputs under the DJI RC are as follows the USB-C Port for charging and connecting the remote controller to the computer, the microSD card Slot for inserting a microSD card and a Host Port for connection the DJI Cellular Module which needs to be purchased separately. Thank you.

Its a pretty poor shame, Stephen, once again, those with DJI goggles cannot use them with the latest drone. Whilst there is the RC Pro with HDMI out, not many can justify £850 GBP on a controller just so they can use their goggles, that has fast become a very expensive paperweight
2022-5-11
Use props
dojieldienvehotmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Can RC Pro be used to control Mini 3 Pro?
I ask because that would be a way to use the Mini 3 Pro with goggles.  Otherwise I’m not interested. I find the screen on the remote too small.
2022-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It looks like that will be for a cellular dongle not available in the western world.
2022-5-12
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

It’s a shame the DJI product development team didn’t provide for some way to have HDMI out with the DJI RC.  With the 5.5” display already a major component of the controller, it would have seemed feasible to have provided a HDMI output port on the controller for a very small cost.  Violà, another viable feature the DJI marketing team could have claimed in their marketing of the DJI Mini 3 “Pro” and it’s DJI RC product.  Another missed opportunity by DJI, by not listening to their focus groups or customers.
2022-5-12
Use props
Hans Groover
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-5-12
Use props
Sys_Admin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1094311 ft
United Kingdom

I literally can’t believe there is no HDMI out or even a work around. Shocked to say the least.
2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps its a processing issue, namely the CPU used isn't powerful enough, just guessing though, i cant see any other way as to why they didn't include it, after all, USB-C can carry the HDMI signal, all we would have needed was a USB-C to Mini HDMI adapter for my DJI Goggles at least. Unless they can add a HDMI module like they did with the P4P????
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

Bashy Posted at 5-11 21:58
Damn, as per the manual, the Host port is for a cellular module, the main USB-C port is for charging and connecting to the computer, therefore no HDMI

Hi  not that tech savvy. What is a cellular module and how does it benefit from connecting to the c port near the sd slot. Cheers.

2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux Posted at 5-18 22:55
Hi  not that tech savvy. What is a cellular module and how does it benefit from connecting to the c port near the sd slot. Cheers.

If i was to guess, so that you can download maps when out and about and maybe upload to DJI, the latter is a stretch though...
2022-5-19
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Surely just set your phone up as a hotspot and tether  to the RC?

I assume the idea of this is more for advanced users who may need the cellular built in, most of us will use a hotspot.
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_cFeGJfIfcX52
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-11 22:16

Hi, about the USB C Host port, I was looking for the DJI celular module on DJI site, there is nowhere to be found, for my Mini 3 Pro. I found on different site but its compatible with the DJI Mavic. Whats the point for that port if the product doesn’t exist? I do need the module so I wont have to always use my phone as hotspot. Does the product exist? Or will it ever exist? Or is it compatible the one I found from Mavic with my controller?
2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_cFeGJfIfcX52
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-19 00:54
If i was to guess, so that you can download maps when out and about and maybe upload to DJI, the latter is a stretch though...

Its not for using the internet from a sim card. But the product does not exist for the Mini 3. I could find the Dji celular module but only for the Mavic which I have no ideea if its compatible with this RC, I guess not. I don’t understand why they put that Host module, much better they make a sim module build in the remote. Its strange.
2022-5-20
Use props
EdwvLVXnmeVZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft
Canada

Wow, so a cellular module is somehow more useful to more people than an HDMI port?
Not really sure about DJI wisdom there.

Well 2 USBC ports exist...DJI needs to make one of those USBC to HDMI compatible.
2022-5-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am not sure if its now possible, it may be hardware reliant, an extra chip or sommat, basically we've been given a hard no, not even a maybe in the future
2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_oIfQvjkyEHqr
lvl.1
Canada

Since the mini 3 transmits the video to the controller is there any device that can intercept this signal and output it to goggles.  Just a thought
2022-6-6
Use props
fans983748a9
lvl.1

Netherlands

Sys_Admin Posted at 5-18 16:07
I literally can’t believe there is no HDMI out or even a work around. Shocked to say the least.

There is a workaround with the non-pro rc. Just connect a small android tablet with a hdmi port. Teclast 8 inch is the smallest tablet that should fit the controller though..

To be honest dji is donkeyballz for not adding support. If they wouldve added support for the v2 goggles id be spending 1400 euros on the dji fpv right now, but instead im gonna spend it on a gopro+cinewhoop combo.
2022-6-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_oIfQvjkyEHqr Posted at 6-6 11:24
Since the mini 3 transmits the video to the controller is there any device that can intercept this signal and output it to goggles.  Just a thought

I would hope not, since that would compromise safety and performance, not mention ruin the entire drone flying hobbyist experience.
2022-7-29
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

fans983748a9 Posted at 6-23 14:16
There is a workaround with the non-pro rc. Just connect a small android tablet with a hdmi port. Teclast 8 inch is the smallest tablet that should fit the controller though..

To be honest dji is donkeyballz for not adding support. If they wouldve added support for the v2 goggles id be spending 1400 euros on the dji fpv right now, but instead im gonna spend it on a gopro+cinewhoop combo.

Can you give a model number for the tablet with HDMI out, please, as I cannot find one?
2022-7-29
Use props
jrazor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180574 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I like many others have the goggles for use with my P4P. I've managed to use third party apps enabling me to use them with a crystalsky connected to my spark and the first Mavic mini.

Either DJI should add the HDMI out on the RC controller host port. Or release the SDK file for the mini 3 pro so the third part apps can be upgraded to cover the RC controller + mini 3 setup.

Come on DJI, I'm sure you can do better to enable your customers to utilize the DJI goggles with forward compatibility! please...
2023-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is hobbled on the DJI RC so that people have to buy the RC Pro. It’s called marketing
2023-1-10
Use props
djiuser_pPaBMCrZSAL6
New
United States

Hello,  can anyone confirm the RC Pro Controller has an HDMI output.  Are there any rumors about DJI making a firmware fix to help out the RC regular owners?
2023-1-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_pPaBMCrZSAL6 Posted at 1-11 13:16
Hello,  can anyone confirm the RC Pro Controller has an HDMI output.  Are there any rumors about DJI making a firmware fix to help out the RC regular owners?

Yes, The RC Pro has mini hdmi out. I used it just a few days ago.
2023-1-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unless you mean the DJI RC (new screened rc)? then no it doesn't have HDMI output, but the older RC Pro does have HDMI output
2023-1-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it does
2023-1-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yes it has an HDMI (micro) output locted on the bottom of the DJI RC Pro as opposed to on top of the Smart Controller and it included a full size HDMI, nothing a bid deal since it is more convenient with less potential for deconnectivity. Ultimately, DJI watered down the placement of ports and the Pro quality that has taken a tiny step backward to the Smart Controller. WIth that said, the DJI RC Pro seems to have much stronger penetration and range, which may be important to certain flyers, and in reality the other limitations can be mitigated, you can turnover upside down the RC Pro and the screen will rotate accordingly, therefore splitting hairs with the RC Pro compared to the Smart Controller, and the two biggest differences is Smart Controller full size HDMI and RC Pro micro HDMI for almost double the price for almost the exact same device. I wish DJI would not insist on passing these price hikes to the customer, as once upon a time in America and production, companies set the bar in delivering generational improvements to their new releases, and at most charged a token increase, most of the time keeping prices flat offering more for the same, in actuality OEMs lowered prices while delivering these kinds of improvements and the customer wasn't at the expense of chargng triple upward digit price changes, we need to get back to this kind of environement, globally. Wages can improve, companies have to adjust and worry about company expenses that are not acretive, but dilluted, and staying this course the industry, competitors to DJI, and the L curve of technological improvement seems to always ajdust better proactively while achieving performance for token gains.
2023-1-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
France

David Martin Graff Posted at 1-13 00:37
yes it has an HDMI (micro) output locted on the bottom of the DJI RC Pro as opposed to on top of the Smart Controller and it included a full size HDMI, nothing a bid deal since it is more convenient with less potential for deconnectivity. Ultimately, DJI watered down the placement of ports and the Pro quality that has taken a tiny step backward to the Smart Controller. WIth that said, the DJI RC Pro seems to have much stronger penetration and range, which may be important to certain flyers, and in reality the other limitations can be mitigated, you can turnover upside down the RC Pro and the screen will rotate accordingly, therefore splitting hairs with the RC Pro compared to the Smart Controller, and the two biggest differences is Smart Controller full size HDMI and RC Pro micro HDMI for almost double the price for almost the exact same device. I wish DJI would not insist on passing these price hikes to the customer, as once upon a time in America and production, companies set the bar in delivering generational improvements to their new releases, and at most charged a token increase, most of the time keeping prices flat offering more for the same, in actuality OEMs lowered prices while delivering these kinds of improvements and the customer wasn't at the expense of chargng triple upward digit price changes, we need to get back to this kind of environement, globally. Wages can improve, companies have to adjust and worry about company expenses that are not acretive, but dilluted, and staying this course the industry, competitors to DJI, and the L curve of technological improvement seems to always ajdust better proactively while achieving performance for token gains.

I think you will find that its a fair bit more powerful that the SC, i.s. SC is only  21 dBm (FCC) 10km, whereas the RC Pro is  2.4 GHz: ≤26 dBm (FCC) 15km, thats a big jump in power, a shame such a big jump for CE too though, we got a slight skip lol

Oh and its O3 whereas the SC is O2
30 minutes longer op time
Inlcudes Galileo GPS
16gb more internal memory
2023-1-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-13 07:53
I think you will find that its a fair bit more powerful that the SC, i.s. SC is only  21 dBm (FCC) 10km, whereas the RC Pro is  2.4 GHz: ≤26 dBm (FCC) 15km, thats a big jump in power, a shame such a big jump for CE too though, we got a slight skip lol

Oh and its O3 whereas the SC is O2

yes these improvements are the justification for charging that kind of price premium that now has been embeded into the selling pricce.
2023-1-14
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

There is a way:

2023-12-31
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 22:19
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tuxtard Posted at 2023-12-31 11:44
There is a way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4uJsLCptA

The Mini 4 Pro appears to possess this functionality, albeit not through a clean HDMI output. When connected to an external screen, it shows the DJI Fly App, which is better than nothing. In contrast, the DJI Smart Controller offers a clean HDMI output when flying the Mini 2 and Mavic 2 Pro. In the absence of the DJI RC Pro, which presumably functions similarly to the Smart Controller, is there a swipe function in the DJI Fly App for the Mini 2 that achieves the same result as swiping up in DJI GO 4 to remove telemetry on the controller's interface for both the DJI RC and DJI RC 2? Thanks!
1-13 16:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules