1167 11 2022-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, im still on the fence re screened remote, i can see the pros but I've heard a few cons too.

I have the Note 20 Ultra 5g, Samsung says 1500nits, would you swap that for a 700nit screen?

2022-5-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is not all about numbers and the Nits. For me it is about the Convenience.

I am assuming you have already got an N1 Controller and if so you could use both. Ok it is a bit more money..... But are you that short of a few quid. The only way to waste money is not to use (spend) it

2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out there valued insights with regards to this matter. In addition the DJI RC includes intuitive controls and pre-installed features like  the DJI Fly application get you up in the air quicker, clearer, and more conveniently than ever before. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-5-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-12 08:39
It is not all about numbers and the Nits. For me it is about the Convenience.

I am assuming you have already got an N1 Controller and if so you could use both. Ok it is a bit more money..... But are you that short of a few quid. The only way to waste money is not to use (spend) it

For me, if the phone does the same job albeit takes 30 seconds longer to setup then the screen is a waste, even more so if the internal antenna is worse (reportedly) than the external of the N1 rc, plus the screened version is restrictive in terms of app deployment, therefore no more FCC mode and couple that with the reported signal loss and CE users have been pooped on from a great height.

I will keep an eye on the latest videos and the "record-breaking" distances before i buy anything, if the signal is as good as the N1 then i don't think i will have any qualms about buying one but as it stands atm, my Note 20 Ultra is a decent size and brightness, so I'm on the fence.
2022-5-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-12 19:27
Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out there valued insights with regards to this matter. In addition the DJI RC includes intuitive controls and pre-installed features like  the DJI Fly application get you up in the air quicker, clearer, and more conveniently than ever before. Thank you and keep flying.

Quicker maybe, clearer than my Note 20 Ultra is up for debate seen as it has over double the nits (allegedly might be measured differently), plus, i have a feeling my Note 20 Ultra screen is biggerfor me, quicker and convenient are the same thing in this respect because the screened remote may mean i will have to buy a new backpack and that's far from convenient, plus i really love my backpack and it wasn't cheap, i will need to do some measuring. Also, It takes no more than 30s for me to set up my phone with the N1 controller and my phone is always with me anyway. Just weighing up the pros and cons is all, but so far i am leaning away from it. I will keep watching the videos as they are released, either way, I will be getting the Mini 3 Pro.
2022-5-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-12 19:50
Quicker maybe, clearer than my Note 20 Ultra is up for debate seen as it has over double the nits (allegedly might be measured differently), plus, i have a feeling my Note 20 Ultra screen is biggerfor me, quicker and convenient are the same thing in this respect because the screened remote may mean i will have to buy a new backpack and that's far from convenient, plus i really love my backpack and it wasn't cheap, i will need to do some measuring. Also, It takes no more than 30s for me to set up my phone with the N1 controller and my phone is always with me anyway. Just weighing up the pros and cons is all, but so far i am leaning away from it. I will keep watching the videos as they are released, either way, I will be getting the Mini 3 Pro.

If you look at my survey most are getting the RC I have not seen any reports yet of poor range
2022-5-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not being funny but a survey won't sway me, I may have even said screened on it before it was released but that was in anticipation of a few features that didn't come.

I have watched a few reviews now where the signaled as dropped when it clearly shouldn't have, granted, we don't know the reason, perhaps they wernt alinges perfectly but even so, its not like there were a vast distance away. Very interested in the distance tests, only then can we get a decent idea. BTW, it's not distance I want perse, it's having confidence in the signal to go around a church for example, the mini 2 and N1 does that quite well....
2022-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was on the fence about the Smart Controller,  but since getting it the convenience of it has been great,  I never thought not having to plug the phone in was a hassle until I didnt have to do it.

Also with the nits,  most phones show peak nits,  after some time or heat they will greatly reduce the nits of the screen.   (Not sure about your specific phone just speaking generically) with the Smart controllers they maintain those nits,  usually with extra cooling inside.  
2022-5-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 00:15
I was on the fence about the Smart Controller,  but since getting it the convenience of it has been great,  I never thought not having to plug the phone in was a hassle until I didnt have to do it.

Also with the nits,  most phones show peak nits,  after some time or heat they will greatly reduce the nits of the screen.   (Not sure about your specific phone just speaking generically) with the Smart controllers they maintain those nits,  usually with extra cooling inside.

Yeah, iPhones are bad for that, I've used my phone a lot in the garden whilst sunbathing in 30+C and never had an issue with the screen or overheating, that being said, i did a search earlier and there are reports of my phone overheating but this is due to gamers running them on full CPU and max screen size etc. Ive not encountered anything as yet, had it about a year now
2022-5-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My phone is 6.5"w x 3"h and  7" diagonal, looks like I will lose some real estate unless the screen is taller that 3"
2022-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-12 22:59
If you look at my survey most are getting the RC I have not seen any reports yet of poor range

DC Rainmakers video shows him loosing connection at just a few hundred meters,   although some say its because the battery was overheating due to strong wind in sports mode.
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

The note 20 is a better bet
.I use it and a Samsung s8 with no drama with seeing the screen. And with a external charger connected to the controller keeping both phone and controller fully charged.
2022-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules