DJI Wireless Mic Volume too low
9721 10 2022-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaelyoungkim
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone,
I got my DJI wireless mic (finally) and had some question.
In my knowledge, when you use an external mic from your camera, you are supposed to lower your camera volume to the lowest (built-in microphone) in order to try not to use the camera pre amp as much as possible. And increase the volume of the receiver on the DJI mic.

When I do this I have to bump up the receiver volume to +10db.
Also when I want to record directly to the transmitters, I have to bump up the transmitter to +12db. And I will dont get close to more volume. Seems like the sound getting recorded is too low. Is this normal?

I am using Sony A7IV volume set to +5. I might have the camera volume too low, but what about the transmitter volume when it's directly recording. Seems like the audio getting recorded is too quiet.

Does anyone have the same experience? Please let me know if I am doing something wrong. Thank you in advance.
2022-5-12
Use props
dt105
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228222 ft
Switzerland

Thank you for sharing. I do have the exact same problem. I have to boost the volume in post to the max. I use a Rode Lav mic.
2022-7-19
Use props
Capt. Gizmo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330246 ft
United States

Yes, this is exactly what I'm experiencing as well.  Yesterday, I ran some direct experiments; based on other's inputs and reviews.  This is what I've landed on for settings:
2022-8-12
Use props
Capt. Gizmo
lvl.1
United States

Yes, this is exactly what I'm experiencing as well.
Yesterday, I ran some direct experiments; based on other's inputs and reviews.
This setup makes the audio on the transmitter recordings pretty close, rather than having to apply a huge GAIN boost in Post.

This is what I've landed on for settings:

Sony A7IV  Audio
  * Audio Rec Level = 8

dji Mic
  * Reciever Gain = +3 dB
  * Transmitter Gain = +6 dB
2022-8-12
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180013 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Same here, brand new set. Even if I set the Tx to +12dB I get a very quiet internal recording.
2022-12-2
Use props
JK_123
New

Germany

Hello, I have the same issue. have someone found the reason? Cant belive this is the correct way of work... Why should be the internal recording soso low?
If i record in to the Camera everything is ok if you play with the values at the receiver.
Hope to find a way or is it a defect?
2023-2-7
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

same thing here with single and dual DJI Mic
2023-2-10
Use props
fansb445a0a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545840 ft
United States

Has anyone found a fix for the low internal record volume of the DJI Wireless Mic system.  I record my audio in a quiet room, Receiver +12, Transmitter +6, Mono or Stereo and always when I bring wav file into FCPX and playback it only pings VUs at -20.  I have to boost all the way in FCP and turn on Loudness.  This is not functioning properly.
2023-6-25
Use props
fansb445a0a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545840 ft
United States

arachnida Posted at 2022-12-2 08:23
Same here, brand new set. Even if I set the Tx to +12dB I get a very quiet internal recording.

Did you ever find a fix for this?
2023-6-25
Use props
Capt. Gizmo
lvl.1
United States

Same. To keep Sony at Mic Level 1, I need the DJI Rx at +12, with my Tx at +6
2023-6-30
Use props
djiuser_omFl9OxzMTZe
lvl.1