Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly crashes on Android 13
35023 187 2022-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hakkers519
lvl.1

Canada

1.6.10 now works for me Pixel 6 Android 13
2022-8-16
Use props
samthelima
lvl.1

United States

DJI GO 4 (and DJI Fly) were already not working on my Pixel 4a5g with Android 12 (using a Mavic Pro). I got it to work earlier this year, but then it started crashing immediately on app launch. I've now updated to Android 13, and I'm hoping that an updated app will allow me to actually use my drone. I use it for work, and a deadline is fast approaching for photos needed for a project.
2022-8-16
Use props
tonered
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

Finally!  The DJI app is working my Pixel 6 Pro on Android 13.

Please folks, get on it when Android 14 Beta is ramped up?
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuser_4zcSXFJkM5OH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3230197 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

samthelima Posted at 8-16 06:20
DJI GO 4 (and DJI Fly) were already not working on my Pixel 4a5g with Android 12 (using a Mavic Pro). I got it to work earlier this year, but then it started crashing immediately on app launch. I've now updated to Android 13, and I'm hoping that an updated app will allow me to actually use my drone. I use it for work, and a deadline is fast approaching for photos needed for a project.

Ya know... Against my own better judgement i updated and now i can't use go 4... This is a huge issue every single android release they do the same thing...
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuser_2RdUJfwvYWfA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509 ft
United States

Confirming the new version works for me. Caught firmware and everything up, just need to test flight.
2022-8-16
Use props
Hufsa
lvl.1

Norway

Looks like it works for me as well, but only after I updated Android to the final version of 13. The DJI Fly app is still 1.6.10.
2022-8-16
Use props
Naaaaad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254780 ft
France

Update with the lastest version 1.6.12 on the official site, all works fine, pixel 6 pro android 13
2022-8-17
Use props
samthelima
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_4zcSXFJkM5OH Posted at 8-16 13:25
Ya know... Against my own better judgement i updated and now i can't use go 4... This is a huge issue every single android release they do the same thing...

Well, I couldn't even use it on Android 12. I had it working earlier this year, but the most recent times that I've tried to fly, nothing would work, neither DJI Fly nor DJI GO 4.
2022-8-17
Use props
djiuser_7R3We3QmieMK
New
Flight distance : 101739 ft

Canada

Pixel 4xl Android 13 . l'application DJI Go 4 ne fonctionne pas! Y a-t-il une alternative car c poche . Surtout que vous saviez que il y avait une nouvelle version d'Android sortait sous peu!
2022-8-17
Use props
djiuser_7R3We3QmieMK
New
Flight distance : 101739 ft

Canada

Pixel 4xl Android 13 . l'application DJI Go 4 ne fonctionne pas! Y a-t-il une alternative car c poche . Surtout que vous saviez que il y avait une nouvelle version d'Android sortait sous peu!
2022-8-17
Use props
ijramirez
lvl.1

United States

DJI Fly app now works with Pixel 6 Pro running Android 13. Download version 1.6.12
2022-8-17
Use props
Light Bridge Studios
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3230197 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

ijramirez Posted at 8-17 09:33
DJI Fly app now works with Pixel 6 Pro running Android 13. Download version 1.6.12

if anyone is having trouble with DJI GO 4 on android 13 try this informatin

https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/5RGmZodoyg87WBk  
PWD: DJI123

I downloaded this version and it has worked for me on pixel 4 xl and android 13 official release
2022-8-18
Use props
fans3e830089
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13658 ft
United States

Also working for me. Litchie is working as well.
2022-8-18
Use props
djiuser_wcr0wK8AXXcM
New

France

Same thing here, unfortunately. Updated my Pixel 6 to the final release of Android 13 and the dji will crash just after it starts. The previous day, on Android 12 it worked fine. I tried reinstalling the dji app but it still crashes. I used the latest APK on dji download page.
2022-8-20
Use props
djiuser_wcr0wK8AXXcM
New

France

Light Bridge Studios Posted at 8-18 10:58
if anyone is having trouble with DJI GO 4 on android 13 try this informatin

https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/5RGmZodoyg87WBk  

It worked , cheers!
2022-8-20
Use props
Rolive
New

Australia

Once again a new android update and once again DJI app crashes on start up. The only app that has issues with this each android update. Hopefully this is fixed fast this time. Last time I couldn't use my drone for weeks
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_MWCl0KWCmD49
New

United States

ShandyNZ Posted at 5-16 15:59
Hi all,

Same issue for me Pixel 4 XL, Android 13 Beta 2. Here is the adb crash dump (image because I couldn't post the text):
[Image]

Same Pixel 4XL Android 13 and the DJI apps  Ronin, Mimo, and Fly no longer work.  
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_0q3thLoWMQUN
New

United States

Version 1.7.5 is working for me with Android 13 update 2 (ble fix) on pixel 5a.   It was failing for me before I updated.
2022-9-20
Use props
djiuser_8vwqlXatajuj
New

United Kingdom

It don't work, DJI and Android have clearly damaged the reputation, all of advise by DJI does not work. Sell you DJI drone and buy different brand. I'm trying to sell my pro zoom but no one wants to buy it because of the software
2022-9-28
Use props
djiuser_XvD3Gu84p5Ec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2281637 ft
United States

Still issue with Android 12 and 13 on my s22 ultra. Fly is ok but still not greatest and pilot just crashes...yes i did everything that dji posted as fix.
How am I supposed make money when when all we are told is to buy a another device with Android 11 or lower... crazy. I spent a monster amount money with dji... so DJI why don't you support the most used device in the U.S.?
Be part of the team...or I need to go another route and sell off my dji's
One more thing... i just got Mavic 3T and want to use the RC-N1 as backup...please send me link for pilot app that will work with it.
Thanks
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_dq2T35FmxuP4
lvl.1

United States

Using the Smart Controller with my Mavic Air 2S, when an aircraft detected, app crashed and had no control of drone, did stay in a hover and was well below other aircraft. This happened three additional times, each time restarting the App each time the drone's response to commands kept getting worse.
Finally after landing safely rebooting the drone and controller was able to maintain control consistently but also did not have other aircraft flying around either. Seems like other having similar issues, is there a fix out there. I am new to flying drones and find this very unnerving being new.
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_jUBU7PwHBxYP
New

Morocco

Mi 12 pro update Android 13
dji fly no connecté to m'y phone
2022-12-25
Use props
Vector the Polar Bear
New

Canada

Running - or should say trying to run - DJI Fly 1.9.2 on Android 10. App crashes in seconds. Come on DJI, this is not rocket science, we spent a lot on your drones and the app doesn't work? A great product failing at the Android app? That's a big black mark on DJI. And stop that bit about getting another phone $$++. Android Studio (currently Electric Eel 2022.1.1)  can handle all situations on current phones. Even I can write an Android app that runs on all phones. Get your programmers to fix the app if you want people to recommend DJI. No fix, no buy, good bye and find another company.
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Vector the Polar Bear Posted at 3-12 16:05
Running - or should say trying to run - DJI Fly 1.9.2 on Android 10. App crashes in seconds. Come on DJI, this is not rocket science, we spent a lot on your drones and the app doesn't work? A great product failing at the Android app? That's a big black mark on DJI. And stop that bit about getting another phone $$++. Android Studio (currently Electric Eel 2022.1.1)  can handle all situations on current phones. Even I can write an Android app that runs on all phones. Get your programmers to fix the app if you want people to recommend DJI. No fix, no buy, good bye and find another company.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. May we confirm if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? If not yet, kindly do so. You may reinstall the app from this link. Please keep us posted.
2023-3-12
Use props
Vector the Polar Bear
New

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 3-12 20:12
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. May we confirm if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? If not yet, kindly do so. You may reinstall the app from this link. Please keep us posted.

The app was uninstalled, reinstalled from the link. It shows a white info screen for a couple of seconds then closes without any notices or toasts (ask the programmers what a toast is).
My phone has 3GB RAM with a bit under 1GB free and DJI Fly crashes. I tried the app on another phone with 6GB RAM and the app runs. The app info on that phone shows that it uses 1.06GB memory (unclear if all that is RAM or RAM plus ROM), see screen capture below. DJI Fly ran on my previous phone BV9500 with 4GB of RAM and it was not on DJI's recommended phone list.
I suspect that DJI Fly has an unhandled memory exception in RAM allocation. Running an Android bug report (available on request) after the crash shows that DJI Fly did have a fatal error and was terminated. The fix would be to encase the memory allocations in try-catch then notify the user if not enough RAM is available.
Please work on this major issue. DJI makes very good products with overall good hardware, embedded firmware and software - yet the product becomes useless when it does not run on a normal Android phone.
2023-3-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Vector the Polar Bear Posted at 3-13 19:47
The app was uninstalled, reinstalled from the link. It shows a white info screen for a couple of seconds then closes without any notices or toasts (ask the programmers what a toast is).
My phone has 3GB RAM with a bit under 1GB free and DJI Fly crashes. I tried the app on another phone with 6GB RAM and the app runs. The app info on that phone shows that it uses 1.06GB memory (unclear if all that is RAM or RAM plus ROM), see screen capture below. DJI Fly ran on my previous phone BV9500 with 4GB of RAM and it was not on DJI's recommended phone list.
I suspect that DJI Fly has an unhandled memory exception in RAM allocation. Running an Android bug report (available on request) after the crash shows that DJI Fly did have a fatal error and was terminated. The fix would be to encase the memory allocations in try-catch then notify the user if not enough RAM is available.

We understand and thanks for the update. We sent you a PM to further discuss this. Kindly check your inbox.
2023-3-13
Use props
fans99b30150
lvl.1
Netherlands

sad and worring that after all this time still no working version of tj dji fly app. i tried 1.9.9 it still refuses to instsall it says device is not compatible . itr a samsung a13 with android 13 i really hope u fix this before summer
2023-4-21
Use props
Dmitry D
New

United States

Omg, 2023 already summer. My Pixel 6 pro with Android 13 still doesn't work. V 1.10.1. Any beta versions?
2023-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules