Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro Battery issues
2900 7 2022-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc35dbfea
lvl.1
Australia

Hi just resently I have noticed that when recharging my batteries that they do not fully charge only go to 80 percent or so and instead of turning off on the charger the second light in from the button keeps blicking. Also the batteries have started to swell making it hard to remove from drone. Is this a problem with the batteries or the charger, as this only started in the last week. Is it safe to fly is my next question.
I use my drone daily but saying that may take a few days to flatten the battery down so the drone will not take off. From there I leave the drone on to completely flatten the battery before recharging, is this the correct proceedure.
Any help would be great. Cheers Col
2022-5-12
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

great tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The lifespan and condition of the said battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please store and maintain the said batteries properly for you to be able to maximize the use of the said batteries. Just a reminder that using swollen, depleted or bloated batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines+En.pdf
2022-5-12
Use props
Courageous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

To answer your question, flying with a swelled up battery is a really bad idea.   When a lipo battery exihibits that, its done.   It could caused by a charger that is overcharging the battery.   Not sure about that but the battery itself is junk.   Bummer......like Stephen implied,  it may be under warranty.  You should check.
2022-5-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It rather sounds as if your batteries have reached the end of their useful life. They should not swell on charging or use. Time to replace them I would say.
2022-5-14
Use props
fansc35dbfea
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks to everyone for there help, I have now purchased 2 new original DJI batteries. The issue Inow have is the firmware was newer on the batteries than I was previously running so I updated via pc. Now during flight the monitor video link pixelates and lags. As anyone had this issue?
Cheers Col
2022-6-11
Use props
delfin2003
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170869 ft
Russia

The reason you have swelling is because you fly your battery below 35%. Ideally, when landed, your drone battery should never be below 3.7 volts/cell. Anything below that and you are doing battery cell damage and they will swell. Not sure why DJI allows them to be drained so low. I've been in the RC for 12+ years. Had an RC airplane and on one flight drained batteries to around 3.34 volts /cell. I knew I was in trouble. Threw them on the charger immediately. On the next flight, two weeks later, both of them swelled when I landed. ALWAYS land when you battery is around 3.7 volts a cell.
2022-6-12
Use props
djiuser_cx0lXe1dWf43
lvl.1

Nigeria

Hello guys! Please I am new here but I need technical explanation and assistance.  I have just started reseting and repairs dji batteries.
I swapped bms from a phantom 4 battery with a voltage 13.4v to another phantom 4 with battery voltage of 16.4v. But when I connect this to ev2400 module using Texas instrument software, the battery would not be recognized, but if it does, the cells voltages are looking some kind of random and unacceptable. If I refresh the whole data wipes, for data to be read again i would have to press the power button and quickly refresh the software, then same random cells voltages appear again.
But if I use this same bms on the 13.4v cell pack it is well recognized by the software.  Pls what is the problem here and the solution. I am new in repairs of these batteries

I have tried like two working bms on that same battery pack of 16.4v it does same thing.
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules