Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Find owner of drone
12Next >
7454 47 2022-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jbarth09
New

United States

Hello,

Is there any way I can find the owner of a drone? A person came by my house and said he lost a drone on my roof. It seemed kinda suspect. I have retrieved the drone but can't find any place to look up the serial number and the guy that knocked on my dooDoes DJI have a mod here that can look it up?

Does DJI have a mod that can look it up?

Thanks you

Jbarth09
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Jbarth09. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Could you please PM me some details about the unit for us to distinguish what specific DJI Product it is and double-check the serial number of it? You may also kindly check this link: https://repair.dji.com/product/s ... 3-b1be-848539b411c8 For you to have a better visualization of where the serial numbers of a certain DJI Drone is located. Thank you.
2022-5-12
Use props
djiuser_FCaGUOkySEC3
New

France

DJI Diana Posted at 5-12 15:53
Hi Jbarth09. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Could you please PM me some details about the unit for us to distinguish what specific DJI Product it is and double-check the serial number of it? You may also kindly check this link: https://repair.dji.com/product/serial/serialno?Serial=3f3a1dd0-acc7-4583-b1be-848539b411c8 For you to have a better visualization of where the serial numbers of a certain DJI Drone is located. Thank you.

Hi Diana, i have found a drone today in chamonix and i want to find the owner, can you please help?
Dave
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_FCaGUOkySEC3 Posted at 9-3 02:40
Hi Diana, i have found a drone today in chamonix and i want to find the owner, can you please help?
Dave

Hello Dave, it is very kind of you to try to find the owner. You can send the serial number to support via email at support@dji.com and we will try further on finding the owner.
2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_FCaGUOkySEC3
New

France

DJI Susan Posted at 9-4 00:18
Hello Dave, it is very kind of you to try to find the owner. You can send the serial number to support via email at  and we will try further on finding the owner.

Thankyou susan i will do that now
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_FCaGUOkySEC3 Posted at 9-4 22:50
Thankyou susan i will do that now

Please let us know if you have other questions.
2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_XaXivdjOVDZe
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi, do you now how can I find the previous owner of my dji mini 2? I would like to ask her/him to unbind the drone from account.

Thank you!
2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_XaXivdjOVDZe Posted at 11-9 08:24
Hi, do you now how can I find the previous owner of my dji mini 2? I would like to ask her/him to unbind the drone from account.

Thank you!

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Regarding this matter, we've sent you a message for further assistance. Please reply to our message and keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-9
Use props
djiuser_XaXivdjOVDZe
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi, I didn't find your message. Can you please help me where can I find your message? Thank you
2022-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_XaXivdjOVDZe Posted at 11-9 12:07
Hi, I didn't find your message. Can you please help me where can I find your message? Thank you

Hi there, the message feature is available when you use DJI Forum in the computer browser.
Regarding your case, may we know where did you purchase your drone? You may try to contact the seller for assistance.
If they could not help, you may try to contact our support via email and send the serial number to us at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav and we will try to see if we can help.
2022-11-9
Use props
djiuser_XaXivdjOVDZe
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi, I though I can see PM on my phone.
This is a second hand drone and I am the 3rd owner of the aircraft. When I wanted to bind the aircraft I saw an error message - aircraft has already binded to another account. I see a párt of the binded email address. I would like to send an email to this owner.
2022-11-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_XaXivdjOVDZe Posted at 11-11 12:19
Hi, I though I can see PM on my phone.
This is a second hand drone and I am the 3rd owner of the aircraft. When I wanted to bind the aircraft I saw an error message - aircraft has already binded to another account. I see a párt of the binded email address. I would like to send an email to this owner.

Hi, there. For this situation, you may need to contact the previous owner as he needs to log in to his/her account to unbind the remote controller from his account. Thank you for understanding.
2022-11-11
Use props
djiuser_XaXivdjOVDZe
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi, I know what is the process but I see just a part from previous owner's email address. Without this email address I can't contact with owner.
Can you tell me how can I see the previous owner's full email address?

Thank you
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_XaXivdjOVDZe Posted at 11-27 16:06
Hi, I know what is the process but I see just a part from previous owner's email address. Without this email address I can't contact with owner.
Can you tell me how can I see the previous owner's full email address?

Thank you for the prompt reply. Please be advised that we have sent a reply to your PM. May we confirm if you are able to receive it? In addition, may we also know if you are able to contact the seller or point of purchase regarding the concern? Thank you.  
2022-11-28
Use props
MattiParviainen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166804 ft

Finland

DJI Diana Posted at 2022-11-9 09:16
Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Regarding this matter, we've sent you a message for further assistance. Please reply to our message and keep us posted. Thank you.
Hi.
Could you DM me as well?

I'm in the same situation. I purchased a drone that was bought from Outlet store (I have the proof of purchase) and the first owner has binded the drone on his account.

I tried to find a way to see the whole email to contact him directly, but so far I haven't been able to.

Would be super good if DJI would show the binded owner information directly when you bind new controller to the aircraft.
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MattiParviainen Posted at 1-2 12:58
Hi.
Could you DM me as well?

Sorry to hear about that. You may send us the details via PM. Alternatively, you may contact our Product Support team to further assist. Thank you for your patience.
2023-1-2
Use props
MattiParviainen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166804 ft

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-2 15:13
Sorry to hear about that. You may send us the details via PM. Alternatively, you may contact our Product Support team to further assist. Thank you for your patience.

I managed to track down the previous owner via the retailer that the drone was purchased.

The previous owner thought that the DJI email was just some spam and had deleted it.

2023-1-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MattiParviainen Posted at 1-13 03:29
I managed to track down the previous owner via the retailer that the drone was purchased.

The previous owner thought that the DJI email was just some spam and had deleted it.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if the original owner can unbind the device from their side?  They may install DJI FLY APP and log in to the DJI Account they bound before and follow the path:
DJI FLY APP - Profile - Device Management - Remove the Account from the Device.
2023-1-13
Use props
djiuser_cYRckjHIYS1q
New

United States

I found a mini 2 drone in Homer Alaska in by the grace Ridge trail head
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_cYRckjHIYS1q Posted at 7-4 19:47
I found a mini 2 drone in Homer Alaska in by the grace Ridge trail head

Hello, there. Thank you for your support and kindness. You may contact our support and report this aircraft to them. They will check and see how to help you. Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_homepage
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_G9BEuzXP1u8c
New

India

DJI Diana Posted at 2022-11-28 04:10
Thank you for the prompt reply. Please be advised that we have sent a reply to your PM. May we confirm if you are able to receive it? In addition, may we also know if you are able to contact the seller or point of purchase regarding the concern? Thank you.

Can you please help me out finding the owner?
The drone is first hand and i purchased it from Amazon.
2023-7-22
Use props
djiuser_G9BEuzXP1u8c
New

India

djiuser_G9BEuzXP1u8c Posted at 7-22 09:04

2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_G9BEuzXP1u8c Posted at 7-22 09:04

Hi there. Sorry for the confusion. By saying you purchased it first-hand, it should be brand-new. There should be no previous owner if you claim to be your drone first-hand. You may PM me with full details including the serial number. Thank you.
2023-7-22
Use props
djiuser_U9eb8qHpn5Sz
New

Finland

DJI Diana Posted at 2022-11-9 09:16

Hi!

I have the same issue. I bought a used Mini 3 through a third party and the drone is still paired to the previous owner :/ I have the serial numbers ext cause I have the drone and everything but I dont have the contavt info of the prewious owner
2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_U9eb8qHpn5Sz Posted at 10-26 01:14
Hi!

I have the same issue. I bought a used Mini 3 through a third party and the drone is still paired to the previous owner :/ I have the serial numbers ext cause I have the drone and everything but I dont have the contavt info of the prewious owner

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. To protect your benefits and interests, it is suggested you could contact with the seller first to unbind the account for you.

Or you may contact our support and report this aircraft to them. They will check and see how to help you. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_homepage
2023-10-26
Use props
ak0
lvl.1

Russia

Hi,

I bought my mini 2 in a box at a second hand store, and it turned out to be bound to the account. The store does not name the previous owner. How can I find this person so that he can unbind the drone from the account?

Thank you!
2023-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ak0 Posted at 10-27 08:29
Hi,

I bought my mini 2 in a box at a second hand store, and it turned out to be bound to the account. The store does not name the previous owner. How can I find this person so that he can unbind the drone from the account?

Hi there, you may send the serial number and the request to us via email at http://www.dji.com/support, we will try to help.
2023-10-27
Use props
Arthur Bankes-jones
New

United Kingdom

Hello,
I have found a DJI Mini 2 Ultra light 249g 3Q4CJAG3A3C330.
I am also attempting to charge it to  see if it has a Bluetooth name or a pic of the pilot.
So far no luck, I suspect battery/water damage as I found it surrounded in frozen moss.
What should I do?
1-30 13:54
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Arthur Bankes-jones Posted at 1-30 13:54
Hello,
I have found a DJI Mini 2 Ultra light 249g 3Q4CJAG3A3C330.
I am also attempting to charge it to  see if it has a Bluetooth name or a pic of the pilot.

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. If you picked up a DJI aircraft, we recommend returning it to the owner. May we have your authorization to provide your contact information (such as name, e-mail address, and phone number) to the drone owner if the owner contacts us about this? We'll forward this to our relevant team for further assistance, and we will let the owner contact you as soon as possible once we confirm the owner's information. Thank you for your cooperation.
1-30 16:04
Use props
Arthur Bankes-jones
New

Isle of Man

DJI Diana Posted at 1-30 16:04
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. If you picked up a DJI aircraft, we recommend returning it to the owner. May we have your authorization to provide your contact information (such as name, e-mail address, and phone number) to the drone owner if the owner contacts us about this? We'll forward this to our relevant team for further assistance, and we will let the owner contact you as soon as possible once we confirm the owner's information. Thank you for your cooperation.

Yes, you may pass on my information
1-31 02:46
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Arthur Bankes-jones Posted at 1-31 02:46
Yes, you may pass on my information

Thank you for your response. I was able to locate your email address using your forum account. For your phone number, could you please provide it via PM? Thank you for your cooperation.
1-31 13:28
Use props
fans1c3b2f0f
New
Flight distance : 545656 ft
United States

I found a dji avata drone how can I contact owner
2-26 18:29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans1c3b2f0f Posted at 2-26 18:29
I found a dji avata drone how can I contact owner

Hi there, thanks for reporting. You can contact our support team through the link below and provide the serial number of the drone and our team will help accordingly. http://www.dji.com/support
2-27 02:38
Use props
Ayomide Adeleke
lvl.1

United States

Hi pls I am blocked and I don't know the reason why.
Cloudflare Ray ID: 86d90e3c9972424b
4-1 05:47
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ayomide Adeleke Posted at 4-1 05:47
Hi pls I am blocked and I don't know the reason why.
Cloudflare Ray ID: 86d90e3c9972424b

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. May I know if you mean your device or account is blocked? Please let us know more details about your issue, and if you could provide a picture of the issue, that would be better for us to help. Thanks.
4-1 06:40
Use props
Ayomide Adeleke
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-1 06:40
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. May I know if you mean your device or account is blocked? Please let us know more details about your issue, and if you could provide a picture of the issue, that would be better for us to help. Thanks.
My phone has been blocked am unable to access my dji- New.com
4-1 17:31
Use props
Ayomide Adeleke
lvl.1

United States

4-1 17:33
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ayomide Adeleke Posted at 4-1 17:33

Hi, there. Could you please provide a picture of the issue? This way we can help you better.
4-1 18:36
Use props
Ayomide Adeleke
lvl.1

Nigeria

DJI Susan Posted at 4-1 18:36
Hi, there. Could you please provide a picture of the issue? This way we can help you better.

4-2 11:43
Use props
Ayomide Adeleke
lvl.1

Nigeria

Ayomide Adeleke Posted at 4-2 11:43

4-2 11:46
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules