Battery percentage for storing (3-5 Days)
807 2 2022-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MDKhairul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1619301 ft
Bangladesh

Hello everyone, im a newbie with my mini 2. I fly every 3-5 days. I take my drone down when its 20-25%, never go below that. my question is, should I:
1. Charge the batteries to 70% (3 Dots) after they cool down, and store for 3-5 days, and charge to 100% before flight?
2. Store them at 20-30% for 3-5 days and charge to 100% before flight?
Which one is healthier for the battery?
Appreciate your information, thanks.
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MDKhairul. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For reference the DJI Mini 2 has an Auto-Discharging Function to prevent swelling. The battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to approximately 72% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. In addition, I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Mini 2 Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines user manual ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_12.pdf ). Thank you.
2022-5-12
Use props
MDKhairul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1619301 ft
Bangladesh

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-12 20:48
Hello there MDKhairul. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For reference the DJI Mini 2 has an Auto-Discharging Function to prevent swelling. The battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to approximately 72% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. In addition, I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Mini 2 Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines user manual ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_2/DJI_Mini_2_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_12.pdf ). Thank you.

Whats safe for the battery? should i charge it up to 100% and keep it that way for 5 days? or should I just leave it at 20/30% and charge it up before flying?
2022-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules