535 3 2022-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jim thorley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8218110 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So disappointing that we are not getting the extended battery here in the uk. Thats a deal breaker on me upgrading my mini 2. Dji has no right not  to offer us this battery It should be our choice to use this battery within our own countrys rules. I could use this on extended flights down the coast or chasing my boat . Poor decision Dji
2022-5-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. DJI Mini 3 Pro is designed for C0, and cannot place into C1 for the lighting requirement. Regulators in Europe and other jurisdictions around the world (e.g. the US or Australia) have agreed that drones weighing less than 250 grams are not going to cause the same kind of damage as a heavier drone when involved in a crash or collision. Since they consider sub-250g drones to pose the lowest risks, they have made them subject to fewer restrictions and requirements than their heavier counterparts. The larger battery (Intelligent Flight Battery Plus) would add approx. 40 grams to the Maximum Take-Off Mass (MTOM) of the DJI Mini 3 Pro and place it into the draft C1 class identification standard which would pose more restrictions on the use of the drone. DJI would like to avoid this scenario for the Mini series of our portfolio in order to appeal to a wider consumer base.
2022-5-13
Use props
djiuser_Uy1uyXhj66wq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 971 ft

United States

They might as well sell them in the U.K.. Because 100% sure aomeone in the USA will buy them and sell and ship to U.K.  And it will end up costing a lot extra.  That 47min fly time I'm betting is really 39 min.
2022-5-14
Use props
jim thorley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8218110 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Uy1uyXhj66wq Posted at 5-14 10:20
They might as well sell them in the U.K.. Because 100% sure aomeone in the USA will buy them and sell and ship to U.K.  And it will end up costing a lot extra.  That 47min fly time I'm betting is really 39 min.

I agree you never get the flight time advertised and no doubt someone will sell the batteries but since there is no ce mark or grading happening at the moment any mini 3 sold at present will be legacy drones so why not sell the battery Honestly makes no sense dji
2022-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules