GS Pro no longer supported?
3849 8 2022-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spinachworld
lvl.1
United States

I opened GS Pro yesterday for a flight with my Mavic 2 Pro and got a popup box with a message that in the near future it would no longer be supported.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to read it carefully so I didn't get the full understanding of what was happening.  I can't find any information about it anywhere else.

Can someone advise if GS Pro is being discontinued and if so, what's coming to replace it?  I depend on GS Pro for my professional work and if it will no longer be supported I will need to start looking for alternatives immediately.  

2022-5-13
Use props
djiuser_qvv50ZE4gQJY
lvl.2

United States

Same boat. I fly P4Ms for ag research. I build my missions by importing KML files.  
2022-5-25
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a screenshot of the notice.
IMG_99E97398959F-1.jpeg
2022-6-3
Use props
COA UAV
New

United States

Yeah, I got the same message when loading the app on a new device.  It's pretty cryptic, but I'm wagering they have another app on the way.  If there's anything DJI loves more than making new drones, it's introducing new apps with similar features as the old ones and limiting the use to only a few pieces of hardware.  

I'm not aware of other apps which support their enterprise line of drones, we use the Phantom 4 RTK and use the DJI GS Pro app to get the connection setup, but use other flight software for the actual planned flights.  If the initial drone to base station connection could be set in the other apps I wouldn't give the notice a second thought.
2022-6-29
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

Hi @DemolitionMan 14, just wondering have you received any news in the meantime? Me too I was wondering what will be the successor of GS Pro.
Thanks!
2022-7-13
Use props
dfsdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675 ft
United Kingdom

Yep, I have a couple of worries on this.  One is that I have a lot of missions on GSPro I need to repeat periodically (is there a way of exporting these some how?

My other concern is that whatever replaces GSPro probably wont support Mavic 2 Zoom.  My niche agricultural surveys are very low altitude and use the M2Zoom at max zoom to see individual leaves and even parasitic infections on leaves - i get a GDS of  a cool 1mm even identifying isects!) -  I'm concerned that GSPro replacement won't support the Zoom, and I don't think any of the new low-mid price range drones can achieve this level of detail (or any/many of the higher priced ones for that matter!)
2022-9-16
Use props
Mr Onikoyi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129695 ft
  • >>>
France

Maybe they plan to create another app. I just hope that we get to keep the options we paid for
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_veVDhtNbmTWY
New
Flight distance : 105 ft
Ecuador

Hi guys, any update about this??... Honestly I am getting a bit annoyed with all the troubles I've bee having so far before being able to create a fly mission for my Phantom 4 Pro+ V2...  I live in Ecuador and I do not have any app available that I can use to plan flight missions... Please, any help will be appreciated.
2023-12-27
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Some clarity on this would be nice (read: is required). We also fly the P4M with GS Pro, the only DJI app that works with it. Had to buy damn iPads just to run it. DJI "Enterprise" level products do not have "Enterprise" level support.
2023-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules