Not binding to Air 2s
1862 11 2022-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
straks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1523573 ft
Austria

My new RC Pro controller works well with my Mavic 3, but I cannot pair it with my Air 2s !
Newest firmware installed, tried several times to bind the Air 2s to the RC Pro, but it does not react on pairing although controller and drone are in pairing state.
If I go back and select the Mavic 3 it works well.
Activating the Air 2s with its standard RC-N1 also works well.
What do I wrong ?
I thought its possible to use the Mavic 3 AND Air 2s, thats why I ordered the RC Pro.

2022-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you updated to the latest firmware?  The original firmware only worked with the Mavic 3.
2022-5-14
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Austria

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 00:54
Have you updated to the latest firmware?  The original firmware only worked with the Mavic 3.

Yes, the RC Pro has its latest FW.
Mavic 3 or Air 2s are selectable, but pairing only works with M3,
pairing the Air 2s results in no reaction.
2022-5-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what specific firmware version are you at with your Air 2s, RC Pro, and Mavic 3? Kindly please try multiple times by refreshing the firmware of both Air 2s and RC Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 and performing the manual linking using the combination buttons to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-5-14
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-14 01:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what specific firmware version are you at with your Air 2s, RC Pro, and Mavic 3? Kindly please try multiple times by refreshing the firmware of both Air 2s and RC Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 and performing the manual linking using the combination buttons to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

For test purposes I tried to bind the Air 2s to the RC-N1 controller which came with my Mavic 3:
After an automatic mini update of the RC-N1 (less than 1MB) it connected successfully to it !
So it must be definitly a problem with the current FW of the RC Pro (.600).

2022-5-14
Use props
Evangeline
lvl.3

United States

straks Posted at 5-14 10:03
For test purposes I tried to bind the Air 2s to the RC-N1 controller which came with my Mavic 3:
After an automatic mini update of the RC-N1 (less than 1MB) it connected successfully to it !

If you havent, try to update via DJI Assistant 2 Consumer and the USB cable.

ps: These issues with Air 2s and RC Pro are also resulting in lost RC Connection in flight per my and others' posts and video. I am deciding whether to return my combo for a refund or enter the service gauntlet. Disappointed in my US$2076 combo (with tax).
2022-5-15
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Austria

Evangeline Posted at 5-15 06:29
If you havent, try to update via DJI Assistant 2 Consumer and the USB cable.

ps: These issues with Air 2s and RC Pro are also resulting in lost RC Connection in flight per my and others' posts and video. I am deciding whether to return my combo for a refund or enter the service gauntlet. Disappointed in my US$2076 combo (with tax).

I tried everything, updated RC Pro via Assistant 2, via WLAN, reset controller, reinstalled latest FW, nothing helps, Air 2s is NOT recogniced for binding, I'm giving up and hopeing for near time FW correction for RC Pro ....
Air 2s rebinding to different RC-N1 (O3) controllers work fine, but NOT with RC Pro.
With Mavic 3 no problems, re-binding works well, no connection or signal problems.

According to my understanding:
The binding process of DJI is a standard procedure which will only depend on the transferring protocol, for both drones (Mavic 3 and Air 2s) this is O3, so the newly by the RC Pro supported Air 2s is NOT integrated properly by DJI !

2022-5-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

With you having updated all firmware and software, I'd say you have a hardware issue. In the last two hours I've repeatedly bound between my Cine and A2S without issue.
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

straks Posted at 5-14 10:03

Thank you for keeping us posted, Starks and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-17
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-17 01:35
Thank you for keeping us posted, Starks and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you, BUT now the binding of the Air 2s and the RC Pro works !
I do not know exactly why, but everything now seems ok.
Maybe the new Fly App 1.6.1 or one of the many tries before .....
2022-5-17
Use props
Evangeline
lvl.3

United States

straks Posted at 5-17 01:50
Maybe the new Fly App 1.6.1 or one of the many tries before .....

Glad it worked out for you. As for me, I have RMA and am returning my Air 2s Flymore with RC Pro to BH Photo today. They sent me a prepaid Fedex shipping label, so I have at least that. I do not know yet I hope for a full refund, however there is the matter of a 2-year DJI Care Refresh plan, and passing the gauntlet of a return with a well-known store in New York City. I cannot afford the risk of these chronic connection failures at a critical moment.
2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

straks Posted at 5-17 01:50
Maybe the new Fly App 1.6.1 or one of the many tries before .....

Hi, starks. Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue without sending the unit in for repair. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a blessed day ahead, Straks, and thank you for your valued support!
2022-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules