Active Track / APAS 4.0 Test
4031 17 2022-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

That's not the best way to test, but the guy stayed really cool at the end.

2022-5-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Works really well........... not lol
To be fair, it did do really well til then and i don't think it was the drones fault or software, it was because the object was coming towards the drone and it didn't have time to react, the reaction time was cut down big time due to the motion of the bus...
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

Well they put 2 sensors onto the front of the air 2s to improve from the air 2 and they work great when tilting in flight, even though they are big sensors on mini 3 I can't see how they can match the air 2s sensors they detect up and forward in flight  also the rear sensors on mini 3 won't be able to detect overhead obstacles flying backwards. If do awesome but allready seen the mini 3 fly backwards into a tree. I hope that this is not the case but I'm sure as more people use it only time will tell.
2022-5-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The mini 3 pro will not be as good as the Air 2s, not a chance, no top sensor so there's that, don't expect miracles, I am used to the P4P front and back sensors, so i expect the Mini 3 pro to be better than the P4P due to APAS, i am looking forward to playing in the forest next to me,sadly the FC don't like drones in there but i say tough lol
2022-5-14
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Bashy Posted at 5-14 03:32
The mini 3 pro will not be as good as the Air 2s, not a chance, no top sensor so there's that, don't expect miracles, I am used to the P4P front and back sensors, so i expect the Mini 3 pro to be better than the P4P due to APAS, i am looking forward to playing in the forest next to me,sadly the FC don't like drones in there but i say tough lol

It does quiet well. Have look at this German guy. Forrest test starts at min. 8.
2022-5-14
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695699 ft
United Kingdom

The guy is an idiot, he should not be flying the drone in that environment like this.
2022-5-14
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Reaction time. Very little any drone would be able to do there I would imagine.
2022-5-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't imagine the bus driver was too happy about that.
2022-5-14
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

ResonatorUAV Posted at 5-14 04:12
The guy is an idiot, he should not be flying the drone in that environment like this.

He is not an idiot. He is just testing the boundaries of what the drone is capable of.
I would have done the same, if DJI would have send me one for testing for free and i didn't have to care about.
Some guys from Italy got 9 devices for testing, as DJI was knowing that they are always pushing the drones to it's limits and they finally crashed 4 or 5 as far as i know.  
2022-5-14
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 5-14 04:31
He is not an idiot. He is just testing the boundaries of what the drone is capable of.
I would have done the same, if DJI would have send me one for testing for free and i didn't have to care about.
Some guys from Italy got 9 devices for testing, as DJI was knowing that they are always pushing the drones to it's limits and they finally crashed 4 or 5 as far as i know.

He is an idiot. He made and published a video demonstrating how much of an idiot he is.
If your kid was on the school bus and it had an RTA because of a reckless drone pilot you would be very angry.
2022-5-14
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

ResonatorUAV Posted at 5-14 04:34
He is an idiot. He made and published a video demonstrating how much of an idiot he is.
If your kid was on the school bus and it had an RTA because of a reckless drone pilot you would be very angry.

You should have mentioned that you ment the first video.
On that i agree.
As your post was after the second video i thought you ment that guy.
2022-5-14
Use props
ResonatorUAV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 5-14 04:40
You should have mentioned that you ment the first video.
On that i agree.
As your post was after the second video i thought you ment that guy.

Ok my fault. I am referring to the first video.
2022-5-14
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

2022-5-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 5-14 04:02
It does quiet well. Have look at this German guy. Forrest test starts at min. 8.
https://youtu.be/UdIUKNL7c8c

I have already see most AT videos, i do not dispute the mini 3 pro's abilities, only that the Air 2s will be better due to its top sensor, there will come a time when someone tries this Mini 3 Pro and it will try to go up and over (that's its 1st go to) and it will hit sommat from above...
2022-5-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What sort of glass is in the windscreen of those buses? Would it withstand such an impact?
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

Bashy Posted at 5-14 03:32

I agree
2022-5-15
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is in reference to the 1st video.
So totally stupid and dangerous. It's like those people doing range test knowing the there is a decent chance they will lose the drone. None of us is stupid enough to use our drone this way.

Why do they do it? They're either given their drone by manufacturer or figure they would get enough views on social media to recover their cost and gather them attention. What they don't think is how it may affect other people. A lost drone can crash and Lipo batteries are prone to short and overheat on impact and may start a forest fire. Same with this video, without someone way ahead on the road to monitor oncoming traffic is just asking for trouble and if the drone impact the windshield, it may hurt the driver or cause him to lose control and cause an accident. This person should be charged with endangering other people.  
I wish people will just refuse to click on any video like this on social media, this kind of behavior need to stop.

2022-5-16
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Someone should try the same thing with an Air 2s, a Mavic 3 and a Skydio 3 to see how they do Shouldn't be to hard the buses usually have a pretty set schedule. Probably should plan on bail money after the 2 or third test.
2022-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules