Expected delivery date on Mini 3 Pro
67966 1512 2022-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sree
lvl.3
United States

djitigger Posted at 6-30 17:30
Checked in with BB tonight to make sure we're still on track for tomorrow - only to find out that there is no delivery coming. Why? There is no inventory yet. I was told that within 2-3 days, there should be something. This entire train wreck, from the initial roll out - to the UPS issues - to the US 'Release' issues is DJI's fault. I will not ever preorder a DJI product again.

Hello, Below is a review comment from a BB customer just posted in their web site . "My issue with this purchase is that Bestbuy fumbled the ENTIRE pre-order process. I placed a pre order on the 10th of May at 10am PST and they kept pushing the date back. Then last night i decided to check nearby stores just for giggles and found that they had one in stock. I ordered it and picked it up today. Meanwhile my pre-order is still pending. How the heck do they have them in-store before theyve even fulfilled the pre-orders?".
2022-7-1
Use props
pinkslime124
lvl.1

United States

SgtMercy Posted at 7-1 13:05
Those are sold now. There is one left in west covina. Probably be gone soon.

I'm crossing my fingers its me! Been monitoring the stock on the bby site all day. I switch the pickup from Montebello to West Co when I first saw the availability. DJI and BB really messed up on the distribution. I placed my pre-order on 5/19.  
2022-7-1
Use props
Sree
lvl.3
United States

Hello, I have started a new question in Best Buy M3Pro list page and request your BB Pre order feedback to share there

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/dji-mini-3-pro-and-remote-control-with-built-in-screen-gray/6503238/question/3913906b-58ee-3d7f-a9bc-53eb6b0c6cf5
2022-7-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

NorCalDrone Posted at 6-30 12:55
Ya B&H is great, I've ordered from them many times. Maybe they can teach a thing or two to DJI about logistics, cause they have some of  the worst I've ever seen.

Hi, there. We have sent you a PM about the details of your case. We have urged them and your package is on the way. Please don't worry. And we will also keep you updated about your case. If you have any more needs or questions, just contact us at any time. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2022-7-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sree Posted at 7-1 13:58
Hello, Below is a review comment from a BB customer just posted in their web site . "My issue with this purchase is that Bestbuy fumbled the ENTIRE pre-order process. I placed a pre order on the 10th of May at 10am PST and they kept pushing the date back. Then last night i decided to check nearby stores just for giggles and found that they had one in stock. I ordered it and picked it up today. Meanwhile my pre-order is still pending. How the heck do they have them in-store before theyve even fulfilled the pre-orders?".

but i've explained how that works.  you don't believe me?  it's almost how all pre-order works when they are not true pre-orders.

reminds me of the early kickstarter days.  you get in years early on a project only for it to be delayed for so long and just before you finally get the prize, you find out other ordinary non-kickstarters are able to get exactly what you got (even at the same price) and often before you.

fool me once....
2022-7-1
Use props
djitigger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161604 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-1 07:43
that's sucks.  "pre-orders" are not for everyone.  most customers should simply wait for the product to be made available and then "order" it like normal.

Yes, it does suck. While I agree that preorders are not for everyone, this certainly is not my first rodeo. I don't even have issues with lengthy preorders. I take issue when I'm waiting for the product, yet it's out and everyone else seems to have it, but I don't. Add in communications issues (evidenced by customer reports), missed dates (yet the product is being shipped and received from other vendors) and we have added layers of problems. DJI is a major part of the problem .. but I think BB is on the hook now also, at least for some of it.
2022-7-1
Use props
NorCalDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227303 ft

United States

For you BB pre orders....I thought this was kind of strange that it's in stock at my store but you all still waiting for yours, or have they started shipping them out now?
Screenshot_20220702-151017_Chrome.jpg
2022-7-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NorCalDrone Posted at 7-2 14:13
For you BB pre orders....I thought this was kind of strange that it's in stock at my store but you all still waiting for yours, or have they started shipping them out now?

for the sake of simplification, from the customer perspective bby.com, best buy stores, and bby pre-orders are three different companies with some overlap.
2022-7-2
Use props
pinkslime124
lvl.1

United States

Dont bother with bby pre-orders. They take a back seat to in-store inventory.
2022-7-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

pinkslime124 Posted at 7-2 18:49
Dont bother with bby pre-orders. They take a back seat to in-store inventory.

of course they do.  you think the shelves are going to remain empty for weeks/months while they struggle to fill pre-orders?  the drone launches in july and they're supposed to wait until september to sell their best drone to 75% of their customers who walk into their store and instead focus on the thousands of people who paid in may to wait 2 months but can't wait another 2 months?  that's absolutely nuts.  when drones arrive, 1/4 go to the pre-order, 3/4 go to the stores/online.  if it takes another month to fill pre-orders, fine.  but you have to draw the line somewhere.  who else do you know does that?  does apple refuse to sell iphones and macbooks in the store until they take care of everybody who ordered online first?  you take a chance when you pre-order but if you walk into a best buy store and you see the drone, buy it; cancel the pre-order.  that's the nature of the pre-order.
2022-7-2
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Anyone know why the RC version was launched first over the no-RC and RC-N1?
Is it just to sell the more expensive version first?
They already make the N1, and the no-RC version is one less component in the box.
2022-7-5
Use props
Mac_EIRE
lvl.1
United States

Beta5K Posted at 7-5 07:07
They already make the N1, and the no-RC version is one less component in the box.

Pretty frustrating but they likely just want to sell the more expensive one first or like in my case that already ordered the N1 would cancel and order the RC to get it quicker. I also see BB is now on back order - I called them and was told their warehouse has not received them yet (Mine is meant to be ready for pick up Thursday which I am starting to doubt.
2022-7-5
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

Mac_EIRE Posted at 7-5 07:54
Pretty frustrating but they likely just want to sell the more expensive one first or like in my case that already ordered the N1 would cancel and order the RC to get it quicker.

Same. My last resort will be to get the RC if the N1 doesn't arrive before my trip.
2022-7-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Beta5K Posted at 7-5 07:07
They already make the N1, and the no-RC version is one less component in the box.

three skus for one drone is alot.  b&m shops dont have all kinds of room for a bunch of drone skus so it wouldn't surprise me if they only took two.  dji might be new to this and im not sure how they can launch 3 skus at the same time when they can't get even the one sku done correctly. imagine if the mini 3 came in 5 colors?  it would be a nightmare esp if the battery had to match.

still i don't know why they would want to sell the no-rc version, that doesn't make sense to me.  i think they will end up dropping this or offering it online only.  the rc is not that expensive (you don't save a ton of money).  i would sell just the drone body only.

i don't think it's all about sales.  dji is selling every drone they make and they make them as fast as they can.  not sure what the margins are for each kit but there's a lot to consider such as having multiple production lines at the factory or switching over, etc.  my guess is the no-rc version gets low price visibility on an expensive intro drone.  dji mini 3 pro starting at $669 when in fact, nobody can get them for less than $909 today.  sure makes it look alot less costly than the "superior" autel nano+.
2022-7-5
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-5 09:16
three skus for one drone is alot.  b&m shops dont have all kinds of room for a bunch of drone skus so it wouldn't surprise me if they only took two.  dji might be new to this and im not sure how they can launch 3 skus at the same time when they can't get even the one sku done correctly. imagine if the mini 3 came in 5 colors?  it would be a nightmare esp if the battery had to match.

still i don't know why they would want to sell the no-rc version, that doesn't make sense to me.  i think they will end up dropping this or offering it online only.  the rc is not that expensive (you don't save a ton of money).  i would sell just the drone body only.

Interesting points. There's probably only a few that will opt for the no-RC and might be waste of inventory space. Online only from DJI might make more sense on this one.

I'm new to these kinds of things (feel free to grill me), but another option could be to create 3 SKU for each individual piece (Drone, RC, RC-N1). Then 3 separate SKU or catalog number that would act like some sort of pick list for the no-RC/RC/RC-N1 versions.
2022-7-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Beta5K Posted at 7-5 09:55
Interesting points. There's probably only a few that will opt for the no-RC and might be waste of inventory space. Online only from DJI might make more sense on this one.

I'm new to these kinds of things (feel free to grill me), but another option could be to create 3 SKU for each individual piece (Drone, RC, RC-N1). Then 3 separate SKU or catalog number that would act like some sort of pick list for the no-RC/RC/RC-N1 versions.

you and i might be able to figure it out but most customers will be confused and won't know what they need to buy in order to start flying on day one.  i can imagine many people will forget something and then find out they can't fly because they don't have everything they need.  this only get worse over the years when it's not quite clear what is compatible with what.  my guess is retailers won't go for this and prefer just one simple sku for one price so you know what you're getting and price is accordingly.

i mentioned the autel nano earlier which is actually price competitive but because the packages are different configurations,  it's not easy to comparison shop when so many different options become available.  and this is just the mini 3 pro so imagine if they launch a non-pro or an se pro or a mini 3s and some of the accessories are compatible but some are not.
2022-7-5
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-5 10:20
you and i might be able to figure it out but most customers will be confused and won't know what they need to buy in order to start flying on day one.  i can imagine many people will forget something and then find out they can't fly because they don't have everything they need.  this only get worse over the years when it's not quite clear what is compatible with what.  my guess is retailers won't go for this and prefer just one simple sku for one price so you know what you're getting and price is accordingly.

i mentioned the autel nano earlier which is actually price competitive but because the packages are different configurations,  it's not easy to comparison shop when so many different options become available.  and this is just the mini 3 pro so imagine if they launch a non-pro or an se pro or a mini 3s and some of the accessories are compatible but some are not.

1 SKU would be easiest but will be hard with all of these options that DJI provides right now.
DJI could've just kept it simple with just one option being Mini 3 + RC + FMC. Maybe have the plus batteries for sale separately and individually. Since most people seem to go for the RC model, and most people are going to get the FMC.
2022-7-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Beta5K Posted at 7-5 10:47
1 SKU would be easiest but will be hard with all of these options that DJI provides right now.
DJI could've just kept it simple with just one option being Mini 3 + RC + FMC. Maybe have the plus batteries for sale separately and individually. Since most people seem to go for the RC model, and most people are going to get the FMC.

i agree but dji is experimenting so we'll see where they land.

im not a fan of the fmk, i prefer the fmc.  but i 100% understand why they did it.
2022-7-5
Use props
Thegwiz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315833 ft
United States

Just got a tracking number from BB for my fly more kit. Says it will be here tomorrow but I have my doubts
2022-7-5
Use props
fans1a69aad8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142530 ft
United States

I ordered the Mavic 3 on 6/9/22 and the status remains "label created" as of 7/6/22 - not shipped. DJI chat cannot provide an update. Has anyone received a Mavic 3 recently?
2022-7-6
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thegwiz Posted at 7-5 12:35
Just got a tracking number from BB for my fly more kit. Says it will be here tomorrow but I have my doubts

Did you ever receive your Best Buy ordered fly more kit?
2022-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans1a69aad8 Posted at 7-6 04:31
I ordered the Mavic 3 on 6/9/22 and the status remains "label created" as of 7/6/22 - not shipped. DJI chat cannot provide an update. Has anyone received a Mavic 3 recently?

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will check this problem and keep you updated. Please don't worry.
2022-7-6
Use props
Thegwiz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315833 ft
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 7-6 10:02
Did you ever receive your Best Buy ordered fly more kit?

Yes - they paid for overnight shipping
2022-7-7
Use props
patd
lvl.1
United States

I ordered my DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit on the 18th of June, it was shipped a couple of days ago and is at the Goodyear Az hub and being delivered tomorrow
2022-7-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

patd Posted at 7-7 14:05
I ordered my DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit on the 18th of June, it was shipped a couple of days ago and is at the Goodyear Az hub and being delivered tomorrow

Best Buy has shipped my Mini 3 Pro and I do see movement on it via UPS.  It started out in KS.  I still show pre-ordered on my FMK+.  I ordered separately the Mini3/RC and FMK+ on 5/10 right at launch as soon as the Best Buy website updated.
2022-7-7
Use props
patd
lvl.1
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 7-7 15:59
Best Buy has shipped my Mini 3 Pro and I do see movement on it via UPS.  It started out in KS.  I still show pre-ordered on my FMK+.  I ordered separately the Mini3/RC and FMK+ on 5/10 right at launch as soon as the Best Buy website updated.

Same for me, I ordered the Pro 3 on 27 May and was delivered on June 18th, then ordered the Fly more kit with the standard batteries on June 18th and it will be delivered tomorrow 8 July.
Both ordered straight from DJI

2022-7-7
Use props
Mac_EIRE
lvl.1
United States

Just picked up my Mini 3 RC from Best Buy and cancelled my DJI order for the N1 version, now just to wait on the FMK
2022-7-7
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

5/24: Pre-ordered my RC-N1 version on Adorama (website had a 6/29 ship date, while DJI, Amazon, BHphoto, etc had a 7/30 or 8/1 ship date)
7/7: Email confirmation that it will be shipping
7/8: UPS updated tracking to have it delivered tomorrow.

Which distributor has the FMK in stock in the US?
2022-7-8
Use props
Hypnoman
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ordered 11th June - shipped today 8th July by DHL - UK
DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit * 1
DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC) * 1

Can’t wait
2022-7-8
Use props
Mini3Valencia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26913 ft
United States

I will have to commend the DJI Refresh program for QUICK turnaround. I broke a couple of prop screws off on my new mini 3 pro, shipped it back(UPS prepaid) to Cerritos, Ca from Valencia, Ca @ 3:30pm Wednesday 7/6.
Had the replacement in my hands on Friday 7/9 (UPS) at 3pm.  

FYI: Because they ask for the battery to be returned, the package shipped was the Mini 3 in its own box(and it looked like a retail box) sans battery, extra props, cable, and screwdriver. The new battery was in a retail box. I’m happy as a clam. Thanks DJI
2022-7-9
Use props
FighterAce
lvl.1

United States

Beta5K Posted at 7-8 06:38
5/24: Pre-ordered my RC-N1 version on Adorama (website had a 6/29 ship date, while DJI, Amazon, BHphoto, etc had a 7/30 or 8/1 ship date)
7/7: Email confirmation that it will be shipping
7/8: UPS updated tracking to have it delivered tomorrow.

I ordered from BH Photo mid-June and received everything on July 7th (everything included the mini 3 pro with rc controller, fly more +, extra batteries, etc.)
2022-7-9
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

FighterAce Posted at 7-9 21:03
I ordered from BH Photo mid-June and received everything on July 7th (everything included the mini 3 pro with rc controller, fly more +, extra batteries, etc.)

Did it have a ship date on the website for the fly more plus when you ordered it?
2022-7-11
Use props
sp4rkuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just thought I'd add my experience to the thread.
I am in England, UK, and have ordered the M3P, FMK, and 2yr Refresh, on Sunday 5th March 2023 at 1pm, directly on DJI site.
Within half an hour the status changed to picking items at warehouse.
Today 6th March at 4.55pm it changed to shipped, followed by an email from DHL saying they expect to deliver it tomorrow the 7th! Will update if it arrives on said date.

FYI, if you're in the UK and wish to use paypal, or indeed the paypal "pay in 3", read on:

- Argos: This was my first go-to, as I could collect the items immediately. Here the headache began though. I couldn't even get as far as being logged into paypal and selecting the funding source, it kept failing. Got on chat with both argos and paypal and received the usual bull, each blaming the other.

- Curry's: Paypal (and probably pay in 3) works here, but they don't accept it for collection orders, only delivery.

- Jessops: Now here's the kicker. They currently have a decent deal on, if you buy the M3P, you can then have 10% off both the FMK and the Refresh (total about £28 off). Trouble is, they're even more strict about paypal payments. You can't collect, and you also can't have it delivered anywhere but the billing address, no exceptions. Also they only deliver mon-fri, which is a pain because most people will be at work.

Hope the info helps.
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules