1818 2 2022-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MattRaf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 572159 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just wondering if there is a way to adjust the audio gain on the action 2 itself with an external microphone attached? I have tried using a small USB C mic but it is continually peaking when outside in windy conditions. The audio is completely useless. I could use a larger microphone with built in audio controls but i am trying to keep the form factor small. Is there an audio setting somewhere in the Action 2 that i have missed? Thanks

Update - Have found the gain settings but the only option is to increase from a baseline of 0db (which is already causing peaking). Would be nice if we could decrease audio gain below standard settings
2022-5-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think the problem here originates in the mic you are using - basically the mic outputs a digital signal at a level set by the manufacturer, such that it should not exceed highest level even with wind or loud noises.  So the Action 2 does not expect to have to reduce that level - it assumes it is correctly set by the microphone.  It allows for increasing the level for occasions when the incoming sound is never loud.  However, given that the inciming level can be incorrect from the mic, it might be good to have the ability to reduce that, although if the mic's internal analog circuits are already overloaded, you'd still hear distortion anyway.
2022-5-15
Use props
Uncle Longbeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same issue. I tested a few microphones for motorcycle vlogging and there is always some peaking. And unfortunately no way to decrease the mic sensitivity.
2022-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules