687 17 2022-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tasos GR
First Officer
Flight distance : 15880722 ft
  • >>>
Greece

The ancient theater of Epidaurus is located at the southeastern end of the sanctuary which was dedicated to the healing god of antiquity Asclepius.
It is considered the most perfect ancient Greek theater in terms of acoustics and aesthetics.
With a maximum capacity of 14,000 spectators, the theater hosted the musical, vocal and dramatic games that were included in the cult of Asclepius.
The monument is an attraction for a large number of Greeks and foreign visitors and is used to present performances of ancient drama.

2022-5-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Beautiful footage, Tasos! Thanks for sharing this with us.
2022-5-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What an astonishing place Tasos.  Was it created from a natural formation - an extinct volcano caldera perhaps?
2022-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats amazingly big Tasos,   Nicely captured.    
2022-5-15
Use props
Macked
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115318 ft
United States

Another job well done. Thank you.
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely amazing footage of a spectacular theater.    I love the symmetrical shape.  Great job of filming this Tasos.  
2022-5-15
Use props
Tasos GR
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-14 22:52
Beautiful footage, Tasos! Thanks for sharing this with us.

No, thank you my friend!
2022-5-15
Use props
Tasos GR
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Blériot53 Posted at 5-14 23:15
What an astonishing place Tasos.  Was it created from a natural formation - an extinct volcano caldera perhaps?

The ancient theater of Epidaurus is located at the southeastern end of the sanctuary which was dedicated to the healing god of antiquity, Asclepius, at the Asclepieion of Epidaurus. It is built on the western slope of Mount Kinorti. It is located near today's Ligourio of Argolida and belongs to the Municipality of Epidaurus. It is considered the most perfect ancient Greek theater in terms of acoustics and aesthetics.

The ancient theater of Epidaurus was built by the architect Polykleitos the Younger as reported by Pausanias. Pausanias praises the theater for its symmetry and beauty. With a maximum capacity of 13,000 - 14,000 spectators, the theater hosted the musical, vocal and dramatic games that were included in the cult of Asclepius. It was also used as a means of treating patients, as there was a belief that watching dramatic performances had beneficial effects on the mental and physical health of patients.

The first systematic excavation in the theater began in 1881 by the Archaeological Society, under the direction of archaeologist Panagi Kavvadias and was maintained in very good condition thanks to the restoration interventions of P. Kavvadias (1907), A. Orlandos (1954-1963) and Epidaurus Monuments Conservation Committee (1988 to 2016). With the work carried out, the theater has regained - except for the stage building - almost entirely its original form.

The monument is an attraction for a large number of Greeks and foreign visitors and is used to present performances of ancient drama.
2022-5-15
Use props
Tasos GR
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 00:51
Thats amazingly big Tasos,   Nicely captured.

Thanks for watching my friend. I'm happy that you enjoyed it!
2022-5-15
Use props
Tasos GR
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Macked Posted at 5-15 01:45
Another job well done. Thank you.

2022-5-15
Use props
Tasos GR
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 03:45
Absolutely amazing footage of a spectacular theater.    I love the symmetrical shape.  Great job of filming this Tasos.

Thank you my friend. I appreciate your time to watch and comment. I'm happy that you enjoyed it!
2022-5-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tasos GR Posted at 5-15 07:18
The ancient theater of Epidaurus is located at the southeastern end of the sanctuary which was dedicated to the healing god of antiquity, Asclepius, at the Asclepieion of Epidaurus. It is built on the western slope of Mount Kinorti. It is located near today's Ligourio of Argolida and belongs to the Municipality of Epidaurus. It is considered the most perfect ancient Greek theater in terms of acoustics and aesthetics.

The ancient theater of Epidaurus was built by the architect Polykleitos the Younger as reported by Pausanias. Pausanias praises the theater for its symmetry and beauty. With a maximum capacity of 13,000 - 14,000 spectators, the theater hosted the musical, vocal and dramatic games that were included in the cult of Asclepius. It was also used as a means of treating patients, as there was a belief that watching dramatic performances had beneficial effects on the mental and physical health of patients.

2022-5-15
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Great video of the theater Tasos.
2022-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tasos GR Posted at 5-15 07:19

Its my pleasure.     
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tasos GR Posted at 5-15 07:19
Thank you my friend. I appreciate your time to watch and comment. I'm happy that you enjoyed it!

My pleasure Tasos.    

Hope you have a fantastic week.  
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tasos GR Posted at 5-15 07:16
No, thank you my friend!

Always my pleasure checking out your works. Have a good one!
2022-5-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2022-5-25
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Great work Tasos. keep on doing great footage.
2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules