Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnNLmS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Hi,

I just bought my Mavic 3 a few days ago. The production date on the box is 2021/10. I don't have proper information but what i see, there is some M3's have problems about GPS and some of them doesn't. And it seems my device has it. The satelites takes about 2-3 minutes to be connected and i hover it. Tried RTH and wow the return point was about 10m away from take off position.

I made a second try and yes this time landed almost the same place (but not %100) where it was take off. I also have MA2 and never get issue with GPS accuracy.

Can others also write their experience and let us hear from DJI if there will be solution with FW upgrade or device recall under warranty (hope not)?

2022-5-15
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

Just about all the Mavic 3s have issues. There is an update coming this week that should improve your GPS. I recommend that you wait to install the new update and test before making any decisions. DJI is clearly trying to fix things without resorting to a recall.
2022-5-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I made a second try and yes this time landed almost the same place (but not %100) where it was take off. I also have MA2 and never get issue with GPS accuracy.
The issue with the Mavic 3 is not that GPS is inaccurate.
It's that GPS acquisition is slow.
When the drone has full GPS, it is accurate (as accurate as GPS is anyway).

Your RTH won't necessarily bring the drone back to where you launched.
It will bring it back to where it was when it recorded its homepoint.
If you started flying off before it recorded the homepoint, it will record the homepoint somewhere away from where you launched.
2022-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 5-15 05:25
Just about all the Mavic 3s have issues. There is an update coming this week that should improve your GPS. I recommend that you wait to install the new update and test before making any decisions. DJI is clearly trying to fix things without resorting to a recall.

DJI is clearly trying to fix things without resorting to a recall.

Can't say I blame them in that vain.  
However how long should customers have to put up with problem(s)?
2022-5-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-15 07:11
DJI is clearly trying to fix things without resorting to a recall.

Can't say I blame them in that vain.  

Maybe another 10 months
2022-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 5-15 11:09
Maybe another 10 months

I think to be fair, you have been testing beta FW at this stage you should be able to forward more information. Its not a secret anymore so it might help other members to understand. ZueS has given us information including videos etc. so maybe enlighten us how it’s all going.
2022-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 5-15 05:25

I think its clear those whining the most are those who don’t and never will own this drone, fixing issues is almost a disaster for them because they come here to do nothing only whine.
2022-5-15
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 13:58
I think its clear those whining the most are those who don’t and never will own this drone, fixing issues is almost a disaster for them because they come here to do nothing only whine.

I have been using the latest beta firmware. I think most folks will be happy with the speed that it gets a home point. I can't call the GPS fixed because I still think it is slower than past DJI drones. As far as I can tell Airsense is still pretty flaky. The other day it picked up a 737 directly overhead at 15000 ft but failed to detect a Cessna a half mile away at 2000ft. Resolution from the 7X Tele is much improved and 3X digital is available from the main camera. Some of the other new features will not be apparent until DJI FLY is updated.
2022-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 5-15 14:16
I have been using the latest beta firmware. I think most folks will be happy with the speed that it gets a home point. I can't call the GPS fixed because I still think it is slower than past DJI drones. As far as I can tell Airsense is still pretty flaky. The other day it picked up a 737 directly overhead at 15000 ft but failed to detect a Cessna a half mile away at 2000ft. Resolution from the 7X Tele is much improved and 3X digital is available from the main camera. Some of the other new features will not be apparent until DJI FLY is updated.

Cheers thanks for the update.
2022-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 5-15 11:09
Maybe another 10 months

I would really hope not.   Bad enough as it is.  

Such lengthy delays to fix problems whether it be software / firmware / hardware / combination of; leaves a bad taste in owner's mouths.  Multiple such cases, drive customers away.   Even when a company has (a) shill(s).   Especially a dumb crude one.

2022-5-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The other day it picked up a 737 directly overhead at 15000 ft but failed to detect a Cessna a half mile away at 2000ft.

That's not necessarily an indication of poor performance from Airsense.
Lots of small planes don't even have ADSB.
You won't get warnings of all small aircraft and helicopters.
2022-5-15
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

appreciate the update.  dji has done as much as they can probably do with sw to improve the gps situation.  since the hw is perfect, pretty much means nothing else can ever be done at this point.  
2022-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-15 18:12
appreciate the update.  dji has done as much as they can probably do with sw to improve the gps situation.  since the hw is perfect, pretty much means nothing else can ever be done at this point.

"pretty much means nothing else can ever be done at this point"

Discounts and loyalty coupons.   
2022-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

"I just bought my Mavic 3 a few days ago. The production date on the box is 2021/10"

Any chance you can get the place you bought M3 from to swap it for newer built M3, like say 2022/04?

Or return for now, and wait a few months to see if newer M3 inventory comes in?

2022-5-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 13:55
I think to be fair, you have been testing beta FW at this stage you should be able to forward more information. Its not a secret anymore so it might help other members to understand. ZueS has given us information including videos etc. so maybe enlighten us how it’s all going.

Honestly, the beta FW is up and down. From 0648 onwards to 0642, GPS lock was between 26 to 60 seconds but mostly at 30 seconds flat, Airsense worked when a manned aircraft came 0.7km away from the drone with audible and visible notifications. Now from 0642 onwards to 0648, for me Gps is gone to 90 seconds and Airsense is dead again. The only way to see a manned aircraft approach is by opening the map. I had a plane fly directly over my house with my drone hovering at 40 meters, opened map and it was there but no warning. When it go to 3km away a split second "manned aircraft" warning just flashed on/off on the screen and that was it. The Telephoto camera transition is much much smoother and much sharper and looks much better than before, DLOG now has ISO 1600. The OA sensors in Bypass looks better and not as jerky.

Other then these there is nothing else as we need the updated app for any other newer features.
2022-5-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 5-15 16:52
The other day it picked up a 737 directly overhead at 15000 ft but failed to detect a Cessna a half mile away at 2000ft.
That's not necessarily an indication of poor performance from Airsense.
Lots of small planes don't even have ADSB.

If it shows up in the Fly app, it should produce a warning if the manned AC is close by, it does not.
2022-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules