DJI Mic firmware update for stereo to iPhone 13 request
2113 6 2022-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Kramm
lvl.2
United States

Is it possible to get a firmware update from DJI that would allow the iPhone 13 to accept separate left and right channels or in other words stereo input from the receiver.
If we could keep the channels separate and not mono for editing. I realize that you can record the audio in the transmitter's but it would make it that much faster and easier if you could bring it right into your editing system stereo and not mono which is useless.
2022-5-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update with regards to the said request. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-5-15
Use props
Paul Kramm
lvl.2
United States

Here's the downside of the DJI Mic, if you're using an iPhone you can only record mono so you can't have separate channels which is a friggin bummer Man... For the love of God please make a lightning adapter that lets you keep the channel stereo on an iPhone. I just ordered a Rode SC15 cable to see if I can use this as a temporary workaround it works with the rode Go II, so when I get it in a couple days I'll test it out and let you know how it works. Again, DJI please develop a new lightning plug so we can have the option of going mono or stereo with an iPhone… I know I can record on each transmitter but it's just that much more work to bring it into the editing system and syncing it up. I'd rather be able just to drop it into the timeline and have separate Mic channels… Update, the Rode SC15 Cable does not work, so once again DJI please make a lightning stereo plug-in for the DJI microphone !!!!!!!!
[color=var(--yt-spec-text-secondary)][size=1.4]Show less
[url=][/url]

2022-5-20
Use props
Paul Kramm
lvl.2
United States

Paul Kramm Posted at 5-20 06:17
Here's the downside of the DJI Mic, if you're using an iPhone you can only record mono so you can't have separate channels which is a friggin bummer Man... For the love of God please make a lightning adapter that lets you keep the channel stereo on an iPhone. I just ordered a Rode SC15 cable to see if I can use this as a temporary workaround it works with the rode Go II, so when I get it in a couple days I'll test it out and let you know how it works. Again, DJI please develop a new lightning plug so we can have the option of going mono or stereo with an iPhone… I know I can record on each transmitter but it's just that much more work to bring it into the editing system and syncing it up. I'd rather be able just to drop it into the timeline and have separate Mic channels… Update, the Rode SC15 Cable does not work, so once again DJI please make a lightning stereo plug-in for the DJI microphone !!!!!!!!
Show less
[/url]

Bueller, Bueller… Crickets doesn't anybody monitor this site?
2022-5-26
Use props
Paul Kramm
lvl.2
United States

Paul Kramm Posted at 5-26 12:48
Bueller, Bueller… Crickets doesn't anybody monitor this site?

anybody monitor this forum?  
2022-6-5
Use props
Paul Kramm
lvl.2
United States

Paul Kramm Posted at 6-5 08:34
anybody monitor this forum?

thought I'd check back to see if anybody responded to my posts…
Crickets that's all I hear is crickets nothing from DGI or anybody from the form.
How about making a product name for the microphone so we can have our own forum for the Mic
2022-8-10
Use props
cirem2016
lvl.2

United States

Please, please add my vote to have DJI provide a stereo lightning adapter for the DJI Mic!!!   I have been able to work around it, but it is a bulky Frankenstein nightmare.  To connect my DJI MIC to my iPhone (12 Pro Max) mounted on a DJI OM 6 gimbal, I had to buy a MeloAudio iOS stereo lightning to USB-C adapter, then, because the DJI MIC with the USB adapter is offset too far by the MeloAudio adapter (preventing smooth operation with the DJI OM6 gimbal), I had to buy a right-angle USB-C male to female adapter to put in-line to make it all fit.    Horrible!!! Works, but horrible.   All because...what?  Licensing a stereo adapter was too expensive?  We'd have payed for it!  Please make one!
2022-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules