1679 5 2022-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans24813cfd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5913222 ft
United States

Hello Support,

I purchased a test Mavic 3 with intention of upgradeing my fleet for drone work,  there are 2 issues stopping me from moving over completely to the Mavic 3:

1. Drone Deploy compatibility, I am hoping the Mavic 3 can be used for mapping missions, the long battery life and sensor hopefully could speed up mapping missions considerably and reduce mid mission battery changes.  (Edited:  The Mavic 3 does not have a mechanical shutter)

2. DJI Fly app lacks fine control over speeds which is a feature in the DJI GO 4 App.

Please add finer control functionality to the mavic 3.  With the mavic 2 pro in DJI GO 4 app, when drone is put into "Tripod Mode" there is a button that adds sliders that allow you to fine-tune the movement speeds for the drone.  You can set the yaw smoothness (really just a yaw gain), head speed, and vertical speed. This slider allows the drone maximum speed to be set to a precise value.  I use this in drone work to create consistent Trucking shots in manual flight.  It is much more consistent to fully deflect stick and set the maximum speed to exactly what you want than to attempt to hold the stick 36% of the way for a 1-4 minute video shot.  This is a basic feature for a lesser drone but not included in the Flagship model!??

Also, it would be nice if this speed could be increased to greater than 10mph, or add the same fine control to normal mode( if the 10mph limit is required for the side sensors to work).

Thanks!
Robert

2022-5-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-15
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

Mavic 3 does not have a mechanical shutter.This was a fiction that was dispelled early on.
2022-5-15
Use props
fans24813cfd
lvl.2
United States

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 5-15 16:28
Mavic 3 does not have a mechanical shutter.This was a fiction that was dispelled early on.

Thanks for the update!  I will edit my post to correct this.  Still hoping the M3 can map with improved performance over the M2P.
2022-5-16
Use props
fans24813cfd
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-15 16:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello,

It looks like your team implemented the change!!! I am very happy about the new "Cruise Control" mode, and also the ability to tweak top-speed for the 3 modes in the new firmware. More than I wished for and so far very happy with results!

Date: 2022 11 02
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0900
RC N1 Remote Controller Firmware v04.13.0700
DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware v01.02.0100
DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.1100
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.80
DJI Fly App Android: v1.8.0

Added Cruise Control. Set one of the customizable buttons of the remote controller to Cruise Control to enable this feature.
Added Gain and Expo Tuning. The maximum flight speed, brake sensitivity, and other settings can be
adjusted i n different flight modes.
2022-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans24813cfd Posted at 11-5 16:38
Hello,

It looks like your team implemented the change!!! I am very happy about the new "Cruise Control" mode, and also the ability to tweak top-speed for the 3 modes in the new firmware. More than I wished for and so far very happy with results!

Hello there. Thank you for your response. We're glad that this feature request of yours was already been added to the unit. Rest assured that we always value your feedback and request. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules