Mini2 not storing/saving any photos or videos
21548 76 2022-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Andreasw Posted at 10-24 02:19
Yes, also as able to on  the DJI until about 1 month ago, was oversea  and did lots of videos, dronies etc , all stored perfectly on the SD card

Thanks for the information.
We have checked your email record and found that the video you provided shows the aircraft being turned off, so the DJI FLY aircraft gallery is cached and cannot identify the original video in the aircraft's SD card. If you need the original film, you need to read it when the aircraft is turned on. If you need to download it to DJI FLY, you can download it in the connected state.
In addition, we saw in the email that you have other questions, rest assured, we have asked the relevant team to get back to you as soon as possible.

Besides, if there is anything else that we can help you with, please let us know.
Thank you.

2022-10-25
Use props
Andreasw
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-25 01:27
Thanks for the information.
We have checked your email record and found that the video you provided shows the aircraft being turned off, so the DJI FLY aircraft gallery is cached and cannot identify the original video in the aircraft's SD card. If you need the original film, you need to read it when the aircraft is turned on. If you need to download it to DJI FLY, you can download it in the connected state.
In addition, we saw in the email that you have other questions, rest assured, we have asked the relevant team to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks , when I take the SD card out of the aircraft and put into a SD card reader I cannot see all footage to save onto iPad or PC.
I was able to do this the first 5-6 months when I was using my drone. Now I cannot, has something changed as the point of having an SD card is that you stor footage on it and should be able to take it out of aircraft and read from the SD card directly when using SD card reader from PC or iPad not connected to aircraft?
2022-10-26
Use props
fansd9527785
New

Canada

djiuser_v2Yqs7IrfFBI Posted at 9-22 09:06
Digging up an old thread in hope of an answer.

My Mini2 has stopped saving media files of any sort. When flying it acts as if it is recording/taking photos as normal, but they are not saved anywhere.

This same thing happened to me with the mini 2, photos and videos saving well, and one day they stopped saving altogether. plenty of phone storage, was in a low reception zone. but the drone continued to appear to be taking photos and videos normally . once we tried to look back, no files anywhere.

we deleted and reinstalled the app, now all our flight records are gone. is there any way to retrieve data? or our content? we were on a trip overseas and now have lost it all
2022-12-29
Use props
Andreasw
lvl.2

Australia

fansd9527785 Posted at 2022-12-29 21:38
This same thing happened to me with the mini 2, photos and videos saving well, and one day they stopped saving altogether. plenty of phone storage, was in a low reception zone. but the drone continued to appear to be taking photos and videos normally . once we tried to look back, no files anywhere.

we deleted and reinstalled the app, now all our flight records are gone. is there any way to retrieve data? or our content? we were on a trip overseas and now have lost it all

Mine finally got working, changed SD card and can get all footage but still think something has changed as  I used to be able to take the SD card put in a reader and upload, see everything on iPad or PC. This is still random and I have to always download the images from my drone while connected to my phone and then manage it.
2023-1-13
Use props
djiuser_dAt1lhkHCFmf
New
Flight distance : 6309 ft
Australia

My mini 2 has stopped saving photos to my phone, they also aren't in the aircraft album. It's incredibly annoying as I've lost lots of footage.
Please advise if there is a setting thats changed in one of thr app updates
2023-1-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_dAt1lhkHCFmf Posted at 1-29 03:24
My mini 2 has stopped saving photos to my phone, they also aren't in the aircraft album. It's incredibly annoying as I've lost lots of footage.
Please advise if there is a setting thats changed in one of thr app updates

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience.  May we know if you did not use DJI Mini2 with an SD card before?
2023-1-30
Use props
djiuser_tRu8TA3eAOEK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86486 ft

United States

As of today and possibly since before the first comment, when recording on a device with no available storage on the phone and recording using the DJI app with no storage or an sd card inserted the footage that was captured during the flight will Not be saved AT ALL! There is No available space in your on your device therefore it will not be saved.
There is another method you can try which to my knowledge has worked numerous times and that is the screen recording. But if your looking for the best quality video to upload and share your best bet is just go purchase a sd card for less then $20! Hope this was helpful and good luck!
Also this was my experience using the MiNi Mavic 2
image.jpg
2023-2-28
Use props
djiuser_PmP8DScsZxhA
New
Flight distance : 20449 ft

United Kingdom

Same here. My dji mini 2 isnt storing photos anymore anywhere. Do i need to send it for repair if can i fix it?
I cant update the software of the drone either.
Thanks
2023-4-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_PmP8DScsZxhA Posted at 4-16 09:03
Same here. My dji mini 2 isnt storing photos anymore anywhere. Do i need to send it for repair if can i fix it?
I cant update the software of the drone either.
Thanks

Hi, there. Could you please check the following details and keep us updated?
1. May I know your current firmware version?
2. And may I confirm if you can not update your firmware via Assistant 2 and DJI FLY?
If you try to change the parameters and connect to DJI Assistant 2 (consumer series) successfully before?
Thanks in advance.
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 323156 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, I also have a similar issue.  Videos shot on my Mini2 are uploading directly to the SD card but the photos are not appearing anywhere at all.
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52 Posted at 5-16 11:05
Hello, I also have a similar issue.  Videos shot on my Mini2 are uploading directly to the SD card but the photos are not appearing anywhere at all.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you test with a different SD card? Does the issue happen with each SD card?
2023-5-16
Use props
djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-16 22:53
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you test with a different SD card? Does the issue happen with each SD card?
I have tried 2 x SD cards, same result.  Videos save but no pics.  Is there a specification you recommend?
2023-5-17
Use props
luisl15
New
Spain

I have updated the dji fly app and I cannot configure the video quality. I don't see any option to select, only 1080 at 30fps.
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52 Posted at 5-17 09:40
I have tried 2 x SD cards, same result.  Videos save but no pics.  Is there a specification you recommend?

The specification of the Supported SD Cards:
UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required.
You can also refer to the recommended SD card list:
https://www.dji.com/mini-2/specs
May we confirm all the pictures can not be stored in the SD cards or just specific pictures? For instance, AEB, panoramic or others.
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

luisl15 Posted at 5-18 13:09
I have updated the dji fly app and I cannot configure the video quality. I don't see any option to select, only 1080 at 30fps.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we confirm if you are using DJI Mini2? And which kind of video mode do you want to configure?
2023-5-18
Use props
djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-18 23:47
The specification of the Supported SD Cards:
UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required.
You can also refer to the recommended SD card list:
Its all pictures that will not store.  We can see the thumbnails in the DJI app profile but they are not storing on any of the SD cards.
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52 Posted at 5-20 12:24
Its all pictures that will not store.  We can see the thumbnails in the DJI app profile but they are not storing on any of the SD cards.

Would you please check whether the SD card is full and whether the pictures were stored in your phone?
2023-5-21
Use props
djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-21 00:52
Would you please check whether the SD card is full and whether the pictures were stored in your phone?
SD card is empty.  Please don't be so patronising and come up with a fix.
I have already said the pictures are not showing anywhere.  That includes my phone.
Videos store on the SD card as normal.  Is it something in the settings or what?
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52 Posted at 5-28 12:50
SD card is empty.  Please don't be so patronising and come up with a fix.
I have already said the pictures are not showing anywhere.  That includes my phone.
Videos store on the SD card as normal.  Is it something in the settings or what?

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is part of the troubleshooting steps.
For your issue, we can not come to a conclusion so far.
Would you be able to record a video to show us the issue?
We will escalate it to our engineers, too. Thank you in advance.
2023-5-29
Use props
djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-29 01:57
Sorry for the inconvenience. This is part of the troubleshooting steps.
For your issue, we can not come to a conclusion so far.
Would you be able to record a video to show us the issue?

So please tell me what you want me to take a video of? The problem is that when I take a picture with the drone, it doesnt save on the SD card...  that's not something I can video.
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52 Posted at 5-29 12:16
So please tell me what you want me to take a video of? The problem is that when I take a picture with the drone, it doesnt save on the SD card...  that's not something I can video.

Hi there, we need a screen recording showing the photo-taking and playback process to check it further. When you tap the 'Playback' icon on the app after taking a photo, there is no new photo shown in the aircraft album, right? If yes, please record the whole process and provide us with the current firmware and app version for our further analysis.
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have a screen recording.  Please can you send me a link to upload this?
Screenshot_20230604_161244.jpg
Screenshot_20230604_161714.jpg
2023-6-4
Use props
djiuser_KpwoCTnQ2ejn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270860 ft
United States

This is a VERY old post. The drone had to be sent back to DJI to be repaired for this problem.  Sorry  I CANNOT help
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52 Posted at 6-4 07:00
I have a screen recording.  Please can you send me a link to upload this?

You can upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox or other Cloud drive, then share the link with us.
2023-6-5
Use props
djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52
lvl.1
United Kingdom

https://www.dropbox.com/s/naemucg4bammw9w/Screen_Recording_20230604_145729.mp4?dl=0

Here is the recording.  Please let me know if this works for you.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52 Posted at 6-5 10:42
https://www.dropbox.com/s/naemucg4bammw9w/Screen_Recording_20230604_145729.mp4?dl=0

Thank you. I have forwarded your issue to our engineers. We will reply to you here as we get the reply.
2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_aV7R0GGwIi52 Posted at 6-5 10:42

Hello, we received a response from our engineers.
1. Please refresh the firmware version to the latest and reinstall the app to have a try;
2. Reset the camera parameters settings, and connect the drone directly to the pc to see if there is anything. Please also check if the QuickTransfer can review the materials.
3. Format the SD card after backing up the files.
4. Reset the drone to factory settings after the data has been backed up, then try again.
5. Change different mobile devices and then have a try;
If the issue still persists, please screenshot the mobile model and system version, firmware version and app version, and SD card configuration for us.
Please record the operation process and record a video for us, export the app log and flight control data, and tell us the test time for further checking.
2023-6-7
Use props
bob Last
New

United States

Why does my mini 2se say app not installed when trying to download pics to iPhone ?
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

bob Last Posted at 7-20 06:28
Why does my mini 2se say app not installed when trying to download pics to iPhone ?

Hi there, could you please provide us with a screenshot to check the error message? Please make sure the app is the latest version.
2023-7-21
Use props
Mark Turley
lvl.1

France

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-5-23 06:30
Hi, there. Sorry for the unpleasant experience caused. We will transfer your situation to the relevant engineer to do a confirmation, will get back to you once I heard from them. Sincere apologies.

Can you let me know the outcome please as mine has just started the same issue, 5 And I have just left feedback saying how good it is!! )
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mark Turley Posted at 9-14 04:52
Can you let me know the outcome please as mine has just started the same issue, 5 And I have just left feedback saying how good it is!! )

Hi Mark, thank you for reaching out. You could please follow the steps on 67# to trouble shoot first.

If the issue still persists, please screenshot the mobile model and system version, firmware version and app version, and SD card configuration for us.Please record the operation process and record a video for us, export the app log and flight control data, and tell us the test time for further checking. Thanks.
2023-9-15
Use props
Biggless
lvl.1

France

Hi, How did you get on with your problem? I have the same with mine, I downloaded the latest update and it worked for a while and now it's gone again
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Biggless Posted at 10-9 08:14
Hi, How did you get on with your problem? I have the same with mine, I downloaded the latest update and it worked for a while and now it's gone again

Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I double-check if you would be able to see the picture in the playback section? Please ensure that the remaining space of the phone is sufficient.
You may try to back up the needed files of the DJI Fly app and reinstall the app and try again.

Besides, could you please also confirm if it happens in both picture and video mode, or only one of them. Try to take more pictures/videos and check again. If the issue is the same, kindly provide us with a screen recording of the issue, showing the firmware and DJI Fly app information, available space of your phone, and the files do not save on the phone after taking a picture/recording in the video. Thank you very much.
2023-10-10
Use props
Biggless
lvl.1

France

djiuser_v2Yqs7IrfFBI Posted at 2022-9-22 09:06
Digging up an old thread in hope of an answer.

My Mini2 has stopped saving media files of any sort. When flying it acts as if it is recording/taking photos as normal, but they are not saved anywhere.

Hi There, Have you managed to sort your problem out without sending the drone back? I am asking as I am new here but don't have enough points to ask direct and I have the same trouble! tyia
2023-10-10
Use props
Biggless
lvl.1

France

DJI Susan Posted at 10-10 00:32
Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I double-check if you would be able to see the picture in the playback section? Please ensure that the remaining space of the phone is sufficient.
You may try to back up the needed files of the DJI Fly app and reinstall the app and try again.

Hi Susan, I need to find my notification tab as I have just come across your reply sorry, I will try to re-install the app first as that is the easiest for me, so new to the drone family, I have only done 12 hour flying with it, also while I am on why can't I press the flashing light to send my pics through quickly? the button is solid, thank you for your help, kind regards mark
2023-10-10
Use props
djiuser_qpd86F9gJQvD
New
Romania

Hey! My DJI Mini 2SE saves only the first video I record after flying it. After the first video, it saves only the pictures. What could be the problem? I mention that my photos and videos save directly on my phone.
2-12 01:54
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_qpd86F9gJQvD Posted at 2-12 01:54
Hey! My DJI Mini 2SE saves only the first video I record after flying it. After the first video, it saves only the pictures. What could be the problem? I mention that my photos and videos save directly on my phone.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Please kindly follow the below steps and troubleshoot first, thanks.

1. Please ensure that your phone has enough remaining storage space,

2. Please check whether the cache setting in the App is turned on,

3. Please check whether the storage space is set too small, which causes the storage to reach the upper limit and unable to continue caching. You could set a larger storage space in the settings of the app or clear the unnecessary files in the settings before shooting to restore the normal cache in the phone.
2-12 02:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules