Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 5-17 09:58
The only fact that let me think is that with the firmware .400 was working well everything. Now, the only difference from that is that on the January update (implemented at the end of December) they added the new features like master shots, quick modes, and follow me...

Here is the question. Why does DJI not deliver these features from day 1 like the other drones? Do they know something was wrong with the drone while using the features? I know this may be related or may not be to the GPS problem.

There were changes made at dji regarding Software over the last year, things changed and where as before Software was farmed out they changed and moved it in house sometime prior to release of M3 . So either dji released M3 to soon or software just took to long to get ready. Even when it was ready it was very sketchy things like Panos Focus track etc were not up to the standard we seen on Air2s. Judging by what I’ve  seen on mini 3 this may have improved, so with a bit of luck refining software on M3 will come soon with improvements of GPS for all.
2022-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

‘Even when it was ready it was very sketchy things like Panos Focus track etc were not up to the standard we seen on Air2s.’

Some people are just blind and can't read.
2022-5-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 5-17 08:51
Well I’m no expert on gps systems but all I know is every time its been cloudy I’ve had to wait longer on my gps to lock  home point or maybe it could be because a guy was eating a sandwich behind on those days which somehow caused an interference I don’t know?

The guy eating a sandwich has ans much effect on GPS as clouds do.
Think about it ... GPS is designed as an all-weather, global navigation system.
It wouldn't be much use if a plane has to go into a holding pattern because it's overcast.
Your car navigation system won't work in a tunnel, but has no problem working in heavy rain.

Clouds have no effect at all.
2022-5-17
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hans Gruber_ Posted at 5-17 13:27
No. You butcher the English language with run on sentences and distortions, making your lies and communications even more opaque.
“DJI farmed out its software development”. That’s up there with you complimenting your own pictures from your own other accounts. What a clown.

This schoolyard talk is really getting old quick. I'm sure you'll have some snide comment back to me because that's just your vindictive mannerism. You just can't help it. Chill dude
2022-5-17
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-17 13:20
The guy eating a sandwich has ans much effect on GPS as clouds do.
Think about it ... GPS is designed as an all-weather, global navigation system.
It wouldn't be much use if a plane has to go into a holding pattern because it's overcast.

Yeah I got it and the part about the guy eating a sandwich was a joke But cloud cover does affect gps just look it up I had to.
2022-5-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 5-17 17:18
Yeah I got it and the part about the guy eating a sandwich was a joke But cloud cover does affect gps just look it up I had to.

But cloud cover does affect gps just look it up I had to.
That's a common myth (spead by idiots) and completely incorrect.
What good would an important global navigation system be if clouds stopped it from working.
It makes zero difference.

just look it up I had to.
To save you being distracted by the uninformed nonsense that's out there ... read some factual information here:

http://gpsinformation.net/gpsclouds.htm

2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ZeuS-FL Posted at 5-16 04:51
Thanks DJI Stephen.

Hi there ZeuS-FL. Thank you for the reply and it is always my pleasure to see your work. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2022-5-17
Use props
wittmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667408 ft
Australia

good god, it's THE Joe Mehaffey!  

2022-5-17
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-17 20:02
But cloud cover does affect gps just look it up I had to.
That's a common myth (spead by idiots) and completely incorrect.
What good would an important global navigation system be if clouds stopped it from working.

I never said that it stops gps I just said that it affects it and I also read many articles which were all top search on google and trust what they said a lot more then some guy on a Dji social platform but anyways have a nice day and goodbye.
2022-5-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 5-18 00:20
I never said that it stops gps I just said that it affects it and I also read many articles which were all top search on google and trust what they said a lot more then some guy on a Dji social platform but anyways have a nice day and goodbye.

right, said fred.  well, you're using what we call weasel words:  "even if it's a tiny tiny bit that nobody can ever measure, it still *affects* gps."

there's nothing anywhere in any gps equipment or software that addresses or accounts for cloud cover.
perhaps you are thinking about ordinary satellites instead of gps satellites?
2022-5-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

because it's an important point

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 5-18 00:20
I never said that it stops gps I just said that it affects it and I also read many articles which were all top search on google and trust what they said a lot more then some guy on a Dji social platform but anyways have a nice day and goodbye.

Did you read the link I gave you?
Or are you swayed by all those "top search" items that are copying the same misguided nonsense?

And I'll put it out there one more time because it's an important point that you seem to be ignoring.
What good is a professional navigation system, used by all the airlines, all the ships crossing oceans and millions of cars on the world's roads, if cloud cover causes problems for it?
2022-5-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Hans Gruber_ Posted at 5-17 23:23
God forbid when an airplane flies below clouds! You might land in Oshkosh when you meant to land in Peoria!

I was worried today as I had to fly about 1200 miles and it was very cloudy.
It was a good thing that the pilot took the plane up to 38000 feet so he could get GPS above the clouds.
2022-5-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Sorry guys, clouds CAN affect GPS!!! BUT, the clouds that would be necessary to interupt GPS would be of such catastrophic level that man would probably not survive long enough to use GPS any longer.
2022-5-18
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Hans Gruber_ Posted at 5-18 04:17
Thank goodness! And NASA claims on its websites about GPS that clouds have basically no effect. NASA clearly are such liars!

You really have no shame. You have made some of the most laughably ignorant posts on this forum, but love to make fun of other peoples ignorance. You are so shoved up your own ass and obsessed with your own self interest. You reek of a tiny and insecure man.

Clouds affecting GPS is actually an easier reach to make than the silly technical essay you typed up about the cause of the mavic 3 gps issue. You typed out multiple paragraphs justifying your theory. You then had to make a new thread every time some publication ran with the theory. You were so very proud of it. It made you feel like somebody didn't it. Nevermind that the whole thing was severely technically flawed in just about every assertion due to a very clear ignorance of the subject matter. It wasn't just flawed though, it was embarrassing, written as if a young child with no understanding of how things work had been its author.

Reality is you and hallmark are very much alike. You have more in common than not. You both sit on this forum way way way too much. You both seem to have little or no personal life. You both obsess over crap on this forum to a level that's truly astounding. You both feed on each others negative energy, and you both have attached a level of your self worth to your identity on this small board. You also both live in a very insulated bubble, so insulated that you don't realize how poorly you actually both come off to the average reader of these boards. You both make yourself look like total fools constantly.

One day both of you will hopefully grow up and move on (the rest of us can only hope...) and you will look back and realize how cringe and embarrassing some of your antics were. I really think you guys should meet up in real life. I think you are both made for each other. Soul mates perhaps. You could finish each others sentences.
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tornado12 Posted at 5-18 08:44
You really have no shame. You have made some of the most laughably ignorant posts on this forum, but love to make fun of other peoples ignorance. You are so shoved up your own ass and obsessed with your own self interest. You reek of a tiny and insecure man.

Clouds affecting GPS is actually an easier reach to make than the silly technical essay you typed up about the cause of the mavic 3 gps issue. You typed out multiple paragraphs justifying your theory. You then had to make a new thread every time some publication ran with the theory. You were so very proud of it. It made you feel like somebody didn't it. Nevermind that the whole thing was severely technically flawed in just about every assertion due to a very clear ignorance of the subject matter. It wasn't just flawed though, it was embarrassing, written as if a young child with no understanding of how things work had been its author.

I actually think you should read post 41 and answer that. Instead of coming on this forum every two days with your long winded posts regurgitating what others have already worked out. Nobody needs to be constantly listening to how you seem to think you know more than everyone else that you have so much life experience that a normal human would have to live two full lifetimes to achieve. It’s actually you who has his head stuck up his own A$$ .

It seems you arrive here lording it over everyone here telling all what a great life you have and how we should all strive to get a share of it. Such ...e and drivel you spew every time you come here, it’s obvious you’re here to try taunt others , you have done the same to many members including accusing others without any proof of being responsible for crashing their drone. Its pretty clear you know very little about drones or photography because all you do here is repeat what others have been saying days before you ever arrived.
So its clear you have many problems but don’t bring me into them, and its not your job to tell anyone here how much time they should or shouldn’t spend here. Who do you think you are ? Jumped up fool. If you spent less time ridiculing others and talked about drones as most do on here then you wouldn’t have to worry about anyone else, busy body , stop commenting about others watch your own degradation of others, this is a drone forum. If as it seems you know very little about drones feel free to ask and learn.
Good day.
2022-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 5-17 17:18

Normal cloud cover has about -2db effect on GPS signal which amounts to no effect.

in cases of heavy cloud cover (tall / dense); satellite acquisition can take slightly longer.   Once a GPS receiver has established GPS lock, no effect.
2022-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-18 04:11
Did you read the link I gave you?
Or are you swayed by all those "top search" items that are copying the same misguided nonsense?

You can add to your point...

GPS was originally put in space by U.S. Military for accurate positioning and targeting in all weather.  
US Military would not put up a faulty GPS system, which would be rendered useless by cloud cover.

When a general populace user thinks cloud cover is effecting their GPS, something else is causing GPS signal interference - like driving through a dense forest, walking between tall buildings, intentional GPS jamming signal.
2022-5-18
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 09:32
Normal cloud cover has about -2db effect on GPS signal which amounts to no effect.

in cases of heavy cloud cover (tall / dense); satellite acquisition can take slightly longer.   Once a GPS receiver has established GPS lock, no effect.

I completely agree with you as I never said that gps doesn’t work when it’s cloudy but that it just affect how long it takes to lock on but once locked on it has no affect I was just talking about what you said extremely cloudy days where you can’t even see what’s in front of you that’s the cloudy conditions I’m talking about because that’s what I have to deal with but on normal cloudy conditions there is no affect.
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hans Gruber_ Posted at 5-18 12:43
Agree with much of what you said. But he has a point when referring to the 15,000 hours you’ve spent here. 6-9 hours a day- 365 days a year. I spend far less time here, but he has a point about you and it’s bizarre since your only friends in life are probably your virtual moderator friends who likely snicker at you every time they get garbage PM’s from you. I’m sure they think you’re a loser which is a pretty low standard coming from, essentially bots. Having said all of that, Tornado probably knows more about drones than you.

Ahh yeah, but he must like you, because he said so much more about you than I. Begs the question how do you know how much time I spend here if you are not trolling me all the time
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hans Gruber_ Posted at 5-18 12:51
It’s pretty obvious how much time you spend here. Why don’t you correct me if I’m wrong? Are you not on here many hours a day, every day? Isn’t that why you get defensive when people here tell you to “Get a life”? Last time someone called you out, you said “some people spend hours on the golf course…I just do it on this Chinese drone forum”. It was comedy gold. Almost as funny as when you praised your own photographs from your own shadow accounts.

More porky pies…..
2022-5-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 5-18 10:32
I completely agree with you as I never said that gps doesn’t work when it’s cloudy but that it just affect how long it takes to lock on but once locked on it has no affect I was just talking about what you said extremely cloudy days where you can’t even see what’s in front of you that’s the cloudy conditions I’m talking about because that’s what I have to deal with but on normal cloudy conditions there is no affect.

I never said that gps doesn’t work when it’s cloudy but that it just affect how long it takes to lock on but once locked on it has no affect
Not enough that you'd ever notice.
It's just not a thing.

I was just talking about what you said extremely cloudy days where you  can’t even see what’s in front of you that’s the cloudy conditions I’m  talking about because that’s what I have to deal with
That still has no effect that you could measure.
Even in tropical downpours, your GPS works just fine, both in accuracy and time to acquire signal.

2022-5-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I completely agree with you as I never said that gps doesn’t work when it’s cloudy but that it just affect how long it takes to lock on but once locked on it has no affect I was just talking about what you said extremely cloudy days where you can’t even see what’s in front of you that’s the cloudy conditions I’m talking about because that’s what I have to deal with but on normal cloudy conditions there is no affect.

i have to admit that made me laugh about the clouds
2022-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

What may be happening in your cases of "extremely cloudy days where you can’t even see what’s in front of you" is moisture (aka water) from clouds (aka fog), are accumulating on surface of GPS where antennas are located or accumulating on clothing which GPS receiver is inside of.

Problem reported by a few hikers in damp climates who use GPS recievers with small internal antennas or who carry their GPS antennas in bags or under clothes which saturates with water.

2022-5-18
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-18 15:28
I never said that gps doesn’t work when it’s cloudy but that it just affect how long it takes to lock on but once locked on it has no affect
Not enough that you'd ever notice.
It's just not a thing.

Ok listen Labroides I’m sorry for starting this pointless argument over gps and clouds (the most stupidest argument in the world award goes to you and I by the way) I really am but clearly neither one of us is listening to what the other one is saying nor would anyone of us admit that we’re wrong so how about we just agree to disagree, cause I’m not going to waste a minute more of my time on this stupid argument when I have better things to do and bigger fish to fry then you, so like I said earlier I truly hope all goes well with you but goodbye.
2022-5-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 5-19 23:50
Ok listen Labroides I’m sorry for starting this pointless argument over gps and clouds (the most stupidest argument in the world award goes to you and I by the way) I really am but clearly neither one of us is listening to what the other one is saying nor would anyone of us admit that we’re wrong so how about we just agree to disagree, cause I’m not going to waste a minute more of my time on this stupid argument when I have better things to do and bigger fish to fry then you, so like I said earlier I truly hope all goes well with you but goodbye.

I've only been using GPS professionally and in recreational marine since 1997 so what would I know?
Cloudy conditions and even heavy rain won't make any difference that you'd notice to satellite acquisition time.
2022-5-20
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060348 ft
  • >>>
Australia

According this video, the author does not believe it is a hardware issue.

2022-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules