Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RoboMaster Plaintext Protocol Not working
199 6 5-15 18:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KeyMeerkat
lvl.1

Australia

I am trying to control my RoboMaster EP Core robot using the plaintext protocol as described in the documentation, however, it does not seem to work. Here is what I've done:
  • I connected my laptop to the robot's WIFI (i.e.. direct connection).
  • Created the Python script using the example code from the docs.
When I ran the script in Python 3.9 (Microsoft Store version), I entered the command to put the robot into SDK mode (as described in the documentation). Then I tried to get the battery level by using robot battery ?, but it never gave a response. I also tried changing the LED colours by using led control comp all r 255 g 0 b 0 effect solid, but that didn't work either. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but any help would be appreciated, especially for anyone familiar with the SDK.
Thanks!

5-15 18:03
Use props
BGA
Captain
United States

Try:
robot battery ?;

(notice the semi-colon at the end)
5-16 05:18
Use props
KeyMeerkat
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, I just want to point out that the Python code I was using automatically added a semicolon to the end of my command. Here is where I got the code from: https://robomaster-dev.readthedocs.io/en/latest/text_sdk/intro.html.
Also I am using a ROBOMASTER EP Core that has the latest firmware installed.

Thanks for the help!
5-18 01:40
Use props
roboprakash
lvl.1

Australia

The latest version of the firmware is broken. I haven’t been able to use plaintext SDK over the last 2 months.

DJI promised a fix end of this month else option for me to return the product.
5-23 17:13
Use props
KeyMeerkat
lvl.1

Australia

roboprakash Posted at 5-23 17:13
The latest version of the firmware is broken. I haven’t been able to use plaintext SDK over the last 2 months.

DJI promised a fix end of this month else option for me to return the product.

Good to know. Hopefully it will be all good next month, I've had to stop development on a custom interface because of this bug.
5-23 18:38
Use props
roboprakash
lvl.1

Australia

Firmware update published via the app. I haven’t tested it yet but hope it resolves the plaintext SDK issues
5-26 14:52
Use props
KeyMeerkat
lvl.1

Australia

roboprakash Posted at 5-26 14:52
Firmware update published via the app. I haven’t tested it yet but hope it resolves the plaintext SDK issues

Great, unfortunately I no longer have a EP Core to test with, and it will be at least 3 weeks until I have one to test with. Good to know though, thanks!
5-26 15:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules