Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Great idea for the telephoto lens
923 5 2022-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had an idea that would be great to implement for the Mavic 3 tele photo lens.
If the drone had presets for different focal lenghts, the drone could have a pano button for say a 50mm, 75mm, 90mm, 120 etc it could then take a series of images and stitch them together to make a rectilinear version of the focal lenght.
I am doing this manually and its difficult to work out how many shots are required for say a 55mm.. I either overshoot or under. Would be great to have a preset button. Even just a wide pano for telephoto would be amazing. Once the lens gets raw it will be a game changer.

the 24mm is too wide for some of my photography needs, this workaround is doable.

Any thoughts

2022-5-15
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

This is a great idea. The tricky part is to figure out how to display that 50/75/90/120mm field of view in an intuitive, real-time, pre-rendered display window, like the view finder in a regular camera. I think DJI engineers could compute and retrieve preview data based on information captured by the 24mm main camera.
2022-5-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Skyris. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. These information will be noted and I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-5-15
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Yes yes and YES!!!!!  
2022-5-15
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

You’re talking about grid-composite. They already did it. Just not for M3
You kinda draw/define a rectangle on the wide screen and then drone takes it with tele lens.
2022-5-16
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DarthSLR Posted at 5-16 05:59
You’re talking about grid-composite. They already did it. Just not for M3  
You kinda draw/define a rectangle on the wide screen and then drone takes it with tele lens.

Hi, I dont even thinknyou need to draw on screen but that sounds good. Just a button like you already have for pano mode with the 24mm camera but for the telephoto. If it could quickly take 10+ images then when back at the pc on ptgui I can recreate say a 50mm lens by stitching a rectilinear pano with a fov of 39.6 x 27. I recently did this manually and it came out great but just tedious taking so many shots. I know Dji could implement such a thing. If it could prestitch differnt fov automatically then bonus.
I feel like the camera needs raw, especially seeing aa the 48mp on the mini 3 outputs to dng already.
2022-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules