Goose guardian
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SheikenX
New

Finland

I was looking for ways to keep Canada geese off my lawn, and I stumbled on the RoboMaster S1. I could be the ultimate Goose deterrent! Geese are afraid of green lasers, and don’t like being chased by things that shoot at them. The sound of a hawk cry scares them. The geese quickly return once chased away, so the guard needs to be on the job for a long time (longer than I want to sit at the controls).

So, a few questions before I invest:

Can I program (Scratch) the S1 to recognize the geese – chase them autonomously – shoot at them (beads and green laser) when within range – play Hawk sounds when shooting – keep the S1 from driving over the edge of the lawn (into the sea). Could it operate on the lawn without wifi – is it rainproof??

2022-5-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SheikenX. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Robomaster and had done this process can give out the best information and recommendation with regards to this matter. In addition, the DJI Robomaster is not waterproof and with any complicated piece of electronics water saturation can cause shorting and malfunctioning. Thank you..
2022-5-15
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

The robomaster is not rain proof nor dirt proof. Running it on your law for extended periods of time would not be a good idea. You can not recognize geese without an external program and the robomaster S1 does not support those (there is a hack to make it support those). Also, the battery only lasts half an hour or so.
2022-5-16
Use props
SheikenX
New

Finland

Thank you for the info. I went and got the S1, but am still thinkin of returning it. I am really curious about the reaction from the geese, though.
Maybe DJI should make an robot lawnmower which could also shoot laser and beads at geese... maybe draw some art on my lawn in the process.
2022-5-17
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

KeyMeerkat Posted at 5-19 17:47
In theory it is possible to use the Python SDK to analyse the video feed and pass that to an external program that recognises animals. Then the external program can use the Robomaster Python SDK to move to robot and fire at them.

What Python SDK? The S1 does not have support to the external API the EP does and the internal Python code can not be used to send anything to an external service nor to receive anything from an external service.

But yes, it is possible but mostly because I hacked the EP SDK to work with the S1. A normal S1 can not do that.
2022-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules