Drone turning so slow in normal mode. Help?
6073 14 2022-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Subhematoma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32651 ft
United States

I have just bought a DJI mini two. Everything worked right out of the box. I did change some safety settings to be sure the drone returned home above the trees, but not so high I could not ever see it. For some reason when I am in cinematic or normal mode the drone turns so very slow it takes almost 2 minutes to turn from north to east. In sport mode I have no problem. Did I change something that should not have been? I tried to reset the settings but nothing helps. I am 55 years old, and I'm trying really hard to figure this out.
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. Could you please update the firmware of your drone and App to the latest version to check if the problem persists? Besides, if it is convenient, please give us a video showing this issue to do a confirmation. You could upload it to Youtube/Google Drive/ Dropbox and post the link here.
2022-5-16
Use props
djiuser_JQo3ozPpRjT3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74915 ft
United States

Sounds like your yaw settings are low.
Go to settings>advanced gimbal settings. There you should see setting for each mode. Each mode will have pitch speed and smoothness and yaw speed and smoothness. You will want to set your yaw speed higher for more speed.
2022-5-18
Use props
Subhematoma
lvl.1
United States

Dji sent me correct yaw speed settings, you and they were correct and I thank you for the time for the support you gave me.   Tim
2022-5-18
Use props
Subhematoma
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-16 20:39
Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. Could you please update the firmware of your drone and App to the latest version to check if the problem persists? Besides, if it is convenient, please give us a video showing this issue to do a confirmation. You could upload it to Youtube/Google Drive/ Dropbox and post the link here.

Yaw / gimble speed was all.  I did mention i changed some settings to be above tree line, luckily the DJI iser below you zeroed right in on the issue, no video needed. Thanks for you willingness to go into depth. Tim
2022-5-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Subhematoma Posted at 5-18 16:07
Yaw / gimble speed was all.  I did mention i changed some settings to be above tree line, luckily the DJI iser below you zeroed right in on the issue, no video needed. Thanks for you willingness to go into depth. Tim

Hi, there. Thanks for your reply. May we confirm whether your issue has been resolved now?
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_CmRl7w8MEx1U
New
Flight distance : 23 ft
Poland

Yes, it is. Ive git the same issue
2022-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_CmRl7w8MEx1U Posted at 5-28 23:49
Yes, it is. Ive git the same issue

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this. Go to DJI Fly - About - Advanced Settings. The settings can be set to Normal, Cine, and Sport modes. If you set the aircraft rotation speed to 0 (or a low value) in Cine mode, but the parameters are moderate in Normal mode and Sport mode, the front of the aircraft will not rotate (or will rotate slowly) when switching to Normal mode and Sport mode. Please go to Advanced Settings and reset the parameters. Then, perform a flight test.
2022-5-29
Use props
Subhematoma
lvl.1
United States

Issue resolved…
2022-7-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the confirmation.  We are glad to know the issue is resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2022-7-14
Use props
Tom Fallon
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-5-16 20:39

Mine dors the same thing
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tom Fallon Posted at 9-9 16:27
Mine dors the same thing

Hi there, may we know the model of your drone? Please try to reset the drone to factory settings or refresh the firmware to the latest version and check again.
If the issue is the same, please tell us the drone model, the exact behavior of the drone for better assistance.
2023-9-9
Use props
Tom Fallon
lvl.1

United States

Sorry haven't gotten back to you sooner. I have the dji mini 2. I'm going to see if software is up to date
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tom Fallon Posted at 9-24 18:30
Sorry haven't gotten back to you sooner. I have the dji mini 2. I'm going to see if software is up to date

Hi, there. Please keep us updated.
2023-9-24
Use props
vicky519
New
United States

found this somewhere else but a reset does fix this and I personally was able to fix it
2-26 10:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules