Low speed mode.
4385 33 2022-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

This morning DAFlys started me to look in the Mini 3 pro and I came up with one question. Here in Sweden we seam to have a rule according to A2 that if a drone under 250 gram has a Low Speed Mode, which I have dificulties in finding out what that is, you can fly as close as 5m to a person. Does anyone know what this speed is and does the Mini 2 Pro with its Cine mode of 21,5Km/h qualify for this? If not, can it be modified to meet that speed?
2022-5-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont think those rules are in force yet? but yes, the Mini 3 does include this (Cine mode), but if its out like ours, the Mini 3 is out of that scope due to is weight, for us in the UK we can over fly unintended peoples except for gatherings of peeps with a sub 250g drone.
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Bashy Posted at 5-16 06:50
I dont think those rules are in force yet? but yes, the Mini 3 does include this (Cine mode), but if its out like ours, the Mini 3 is out of that scope due to is weight, for us in the UK we can over fly unintended peoples except for gatherings of peeps with a sub 250g drone.

Thanks for your quick reply.
It might not be out yet here for this mode, but some people are taking about it without saying what the low speed mode is.
But the Mini 3 Pro is under 250 gr, so does it not qualify?
So the cine mode is within the Low Speed Mode then? I am unable to find what that speed is here in Sweden, but does the Mini 3 pro with its 21,5 km/h qualify for low speed mode?
How close can you fly with the Mini 3 pro to unintended people in UK?
2022-5-16
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

kyalami Posted at 5-16 06:59
Thanks for your quick reply.
It might not be out yet here for this mode, but some people are taking about it without saying what the low speed mode is.
But the Mini 3 Pro is under 250 gr, so does it not qualify?

Maybe this will help. <250g and top speed <19m/s. See the table on the following link.

https://drone-laws.com/drone-laws-in-sweden/
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-16 08:19
Maybe this will help.

Hello neighbor and thanks for your reply.
I checked a few things and I am not sure if everything is correct. Namely: It says: Unless the owner/person consents, a safety distance of 500 meters from isolated buildings, people, vehicles, animals, and structures is required.  That is for me 150 m not 500 m, or have I misunderstood this wrongly.
I am still to find information about Low Speed Mode and what that speed really is.
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-16 08:32
Hello neighbor and thanks for your reply.
I checked a few things and I am not sure if everything is correct. Namely: It says: Unless the owner/person consents, a safety distance of 500 meters from isolated buildings, people, vehicles, animals, and structures is required.  That is for me 150 m not 500 m, or have I misunderstood this wrongly.
I am still to find information about Low Speed Mode and what that speed really is.

Looks like Sweden is under the EASA rules.    So an unclassified sub 250g drone can fly any where apart from over crowds.  

https://www.transportstyrelsen.s ... -unmanned-aircraft/

2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 08:41
Looks like Sweden is under the EASA rules.    So an unclassified sub 250g drone can fly any where apart from over crowds.  

https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/en/aviation/Aircraft/drones--unmanned-aircraft/

Thanks DAFLys,

It looks like there is no official talks yet about Low Sped Mode for drones under 250 gr and what that speed would be or should be to be able to fly as close as 5 meters to a person.

I will carry on searching and come back here if I find something.
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

kyalami Posted at 5-16 08:50
Thanks DAFLys,

It looks like there is no official talks yet about Low Sped Mode for drones under 250 gr and what that speed would be or should be to be able to fly as close as 5 meters to a person.

Just found something, but not sure where it comes from. Its translated by Google:

What is Low Speed Drone?
They are included in subcategory A2, which means that you may not fly such drones over anyone but in
the vicinity if you keep a horizontal distance of more than 30 meters. If you have the low speed mode
activated, you can even fly as close as five meters.

It is important that you who are going to fly drones in subcategory A2 learn to handle the low-speed
mode properly on the drone you are going to fly and understand that it can work differently for
different drones. Since you are allowed to fly as close as five meters from the nearest person with
the position activated, you pose a great safety risk, which must be compensated with good skills.
You can set the maximum speed for the low speed mode yourself via the radio transmitter, the maximum is then 11 km / h (3 m / s).

2022-5-16
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

Hi, here in Hungary it is just the same. I took the A2 exam, and low peed mode means 5 m/s (and should have been switched on/out), this is one of the condition to fly in A2). It is said, if your drone is labelled (c2 i.e.) AND low speed mode is possible, you can fly  5 m close to uninvolved person
2022-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks DAFLys,

One thing to bare in mind, the cine mode is to be changed in an upcoming app firmware update. This will allow much asked for reduced Speed in Cine mode. The rule you are talking about sounds like a local rule which could very well stand alongside EASA rules.
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

kovat53 Posted at 5-16 09:08
Hi, here in Hungary it is just the same. I took the A2 exam, and low peed mode means 5 m/s (and should have been switched on/out), this is one of the condition to fly in A2). It is said, if your drone is labelled (c2 i.e.) AND low speed mode is possible, you can fly  5 m close to uninvolved person

Hi kovat53,

Thank you for your input and details. I think it is not yet gone through the authorities here yet, but hopefully will.
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 09:10
One thing to bare in mind, the cine mode is to be changed in an upcoming app firmware update. This will allow much asked for reduced Speed in Cine mode. The rule you are talking about sounds like a local rule which could very well stand alongside EASA rules.

Many thanks for your input hallmark. That sounds promising and it will certainly get me closer to purchase the Mini 3 pro, which I start to like more and more, as I read more about that drone here on the forum.
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks DAFLys,

Under EASA you’re so much better getting an unclassified drone <250g before the transition ends.  All the a1/2/3 rules don’t really apply.  Ian in London made a great YouTube video explaining it all.  
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 10:39
Under EASA you’re so much better getting an unclassified drone

Hi DAFlys,

Thanks for that info. I just watched that video, as well as that one re the extended fly time with the larger battery. Should we not be able to determine what to do re the battery and drone weight?

Just have to wait and see what happens in the near future. At least the Mini 3 Pro allows me to fly and film much better than the Mavic 2 Pro, which otherwise is a very solid drone in behavior and video, which I very much like.

Cheers and thanks DAFly.
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-16 10:59
Hi DAFlys,

Thanks for that info. I just watched that video, as well as that one re the extended fly time with the larger battery. Should we not be able to determine what to do re the battery and drone weight?

I love my Mavic 2 pro.   But flying the <250g feels so much less stressful.  People just don’t notice it like the m2p.   And the mini 3 pro is going to improve on that with a better pitch.  

Ps.  We have very similar flight distances.   
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 11:04
I love my Mavic 2 pro.   But flying the

Hi,
I think I can understand what you are saying.
I also think that the Mini 3 pro will be the same for me to and I really hope that it will improve in a short time and I am sure that it probably will be the best drone ever for the average drone user. The extra time does not interest me so much, as the normal time is enough to get what you want filmed in most cases anyway. At least that is my personal feeling. Just downloaded the manual to study the drone details more. Thanks for your input DAFlys. Yes, it looks like we have been flying around a bit.
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-16 11:19
Hi,
I also think that the Mini 3 pro will be the same for me to and I really hope that it will improve in a short time and I am sure that it probably will be the best drone ever for the average drone user. The extra time does not interest me so much, as the normal time is enough to get what you want filmed in most cases anyway. At least that is my personal feeling. Just downloaded the manual to study the drone details more. Thanks for your input DAFlys. Yes, it looks like we have been flying around a bit.

I’m quite excited about mini 3.  I’ve already had my first magazine front cover with mini 2 without issue so the 3 should be even less stressful.

2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-16 11:19
Hi,

I’m quite excited about mini 3.  I’ve already had my first magazine front cover with mini 2 without issue so the 3 should be even less stressful.

2022-5-16
Use props
RoryCousins2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302959 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 11:41

[view_image]

Hey DAFlys, great shot of Hadleigh castle ! Are you local to the area ?
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kyalami. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who are based in Sweden can give out the best information with regards to this matter. In addition DJI always highly recommend to follow the rules and regulations when flying your DJI Drones to avoid an untoward incidents. Thank you and have a safe flight always.  
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 11:41

[view_image]

Excellent. A couple more and it pays for the Mini 3 Pro perhaps.
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-16 19:20
Hello there kyalami. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who are based in Sweden can give out the best information with regards to this matter. In addition DJI always highly recommend to follow the rules and regulations when flying your DJI Drones to avoid an untoward incidents. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Hi Stephen,
Yes, I will follow up on this and as soon as I hear something more about it I will come back here. Even if it does not eventuate, I feel it would be a nice extra thing to have on the Mini 3 P. Full stick and 1/2 speed in Cine mode would be great I think for close up and narrow passages.
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RoryCousins2 Posted at 5-16 13:13
Hey DAFlys, great shot of Hadleigh castle ! Are you local to the area ?

Hi,   not too far,  I walk there frequently from home.   This is my second magazine cover of Hadleigh Castle.   My very first one was also the Castle.   
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-16 22:20
Excellent. A couple more and it pays for the Mini 3 Pro perhaps.

Im using some points from my local supermarket to pay for the Mini3,  Ive been saving them since I got the Mini2.
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 22:40
Im using some points from my local supermarket to pay for the Mini3,  Ive been saving them since I got the Mini2.

That is a great idea. I have similar, but I  can only use the points for shopping in the supermarket or transfer them for hotel stays etc, but not for cash to purchase anything outside of what they offer. Better than nothing.
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-16 23:00
That is a great idea. I have similar, but I  can only use the points for shopping in the supermarket or transfer them for hotel stays etc, but not for cash to purchase anything outside of what they offer. Better than nothing.

But if you use the points for shopping enough then you have cash in the bank for another purchase.  
2022-5-16
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:26
But if you use the points for shopping enough then you have cash in the bank for another purchase.

Aha, that was a good point I did not think of. I will immediately look at this and see what I can save. Many thanks for that suggestion DAFlys.
2022-5-16
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

kyalami Posted at 5-16 09:16
Hi kovat53,

Thank you for your input and details. I think it is not yet gone through the authorities here yet, but hopefully will.

You're welcome.
2022-5-18
Use props
Thegreybear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302959 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 22:39
Hi,   not too far,  I walk there frequently from home.   This is my second magazine cover of Hadleigh Castle.   My very first one was also the Castle.

I'm in Leigh, so always enjoy throwing the drone up around Hadleigh Castle. Looking forward to trying out the Mini 3 there as soon as it arrives !
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thegreybear Posted at 5-19 03:08
I'm in Leigh, so always enjoy throwing the drone up around Hadleigh Castle. Looking forward to trying out the Mini 3 there as soon as it arrives !
[view_image]

Very nice.  I often walk there or over to two tree island.  
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_8wV60dQuvxe2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi kyalami

I completed the C2ofC in the uk ,this was in the exam regarding low speed mode

C2 Aircraft

C2 class aircraft need to have less than a 4 kg MTOM, be ‘safely made’ as determined by EU manufacturer standards, it needs noise limitations, a remote ID and a form of geo awareness.
It also needs a low-speed mode which limits the maximum speed of the aircraft to 3 m/s (approx 6.7 mph).

C1 are aircraft that are less than 900g MTOM or have no more than 80 joules of kinetic energy to a human head on impact. They also must not fly more than 19m/s (42.5 mph), needs a remote ID, will have noise limitations and geo-awareness.
You can also fly home or privately built aircraft in the A1 category if the MTOM is less than 250g and flies no more than 19 m/s.
To fly a C1 aircraft in the A1 subcategory you will have to complete the DMARES (Drone and Model Aircraft Education Service) to get your Flyer ID and affix an Operator ID to the aircraft

Regards
Jim
2022-12-31
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

djiuser_8wV60dQuvxe2 Posted at 2022-12-31 23:25
Hi kyalami

Hi Jim,
Thanks for coming back about low speed and congratulation to your C2ofC.
Cheers,
2023-1-1
Use props
Faisal Ahmed8
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_8wV60dQuvxe2 Posted at 2022-12-31 23:25
Hi kyalami

UK has ditched EU classes now, so mavic 3's can't be used as a C1 drone in the UK
2023-8-14
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Faisal Ahmed8 Posted at 8-14 09:13
UK has ditched EU classes now, so mavic 3's can't be used as a C1 drone in the UK

Great and thanks for you info. I have just purchased the Mimi 3 Pro and the RC pro and just reading all the manuals to learn all about it. Definitely seams to be a great drone compared the the Mavic 2 pro I have had for almost 3 years now, which has also  been very good, but very restricted to where you can fly.
2023-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules