activation dj mini3 pro , update dji fly on new rc fail
3231 16 2022-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

hello everyone, I have successfully activated the mini 3 pro, everything is fine, the only thing the new radio rc mini 3 signals me that the dji fly needs to be updated, but then I understand that the memory is not sufficient, the storage memory is full because they are needed 885mb not available .. use the cleaning utility .. but I can't find anything to clean .. so the new fly does not install .. is this normal?
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rc pro doesn’t support mini 3.  The fly app release notes on that device are misleading.  
2022-5-16
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145020 ft
France

Have you put a sdcard in the remote ?
I had the same message 4 times but it's working now.
2022-5-16
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

no at first time... now I try to insert a sd .. but I doubt that the lack of space is related to the external memory .. it is the internal one .. besides, the internal memory is 68% full. I don't know how this new rc can do an update
2022-5-16
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145020 ft
France

I don't if it's because of the SDcard, but worked the 4th time, I didn't clean anything but I restarted the remote.
2022-5-16
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Workaround for that not enough memory message is to use PC/Mac DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) software from the DJI download section. Make sure you install and use V2.1.10.
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Andytom69. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the exact error message that you are receiving please and con you please post a photo showing the error message for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue? Thank you.
2022-5-16
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi Stephen ...
I understand that the updates travel with the firmware in a general package .. in fact I have received a total update and now everything has been fixed. thanks
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Andytom69 Posted at 5-16 22:22
Hi Stephen ...
I understand that the updates travel with the firmware in a general package .. in fact I have received a total update and now everything has been fixed. thanks

We are pleased to hear that your issue has been resolved. Hope you have a good time with your drone.
2022-5-17
Use props
Vimo Fotografie
lvl.1
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 11:54
Rc pro doesn’t support mini 3.  The fly app release notes on that device are misleading.

RC Pro has updated. Now it's also for Mini 3
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vimo Fotografie Posted at 5-17 01:24
RC Pro has updated. Now it's also for Mini 3

Has it though,   the fly app update alone isnt enough to support it.   Even the smart controller says it now supports Mini3 which is wrong.
2022-5-17
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm seeing exactly the same, it wants to update the Fly app to 1.6.1, but syas "Storage is full, 885Mb space is required, please clean up"

This is fresh out of the box, so nothing to clean up.

I have put in a 128Gb SD, no difference.

I have restarted the DJI RC, no difference.
2022-5-18
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

hi ...
it is not the correct way to update .. you have to wait for the server to present you a firmware update that also contains the new fly, the firmware of 860 mb strangely manages to install on the rc
2022-5-18
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK, problem sorted, user error.

Do not try to update the Fly app within the Fly app.  It gets updated with the aircraft/controller firmware.
2022-5-18
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andytom69 Posted at 5-18 04:36
hi ...
it is not the correct way to update .. you have to wait for the server to present you a firmware update that also contains the new fly, the firmware of 860 mb strangely manages to install on the rc

Oops, sorry, missed this - I had already discovered that, and was out flying it LOL.

This is correct, the Fly app on the DJI RC is updated via firmware.
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_eq5wDxepPSd5
lvl.1

United States

TheBoy Posted at 5-18 05:14
Oops, sorry, missed this - I had already discovered that, and was out flying it LOL.

This is correct, the Fly app on the DJI RC is updated via firmware.

Hello everyone, I'm having similar issues. I get an error code 4000. Tried doing the work around through assistant 2. Tried the memory card in the controller. Keeps failing around 88%.
2022-6-29
Use props
djiuser_bvUoGLgbEBUk
lvl.1

Brazil

My problem is that I opened the drone and in the first update, the initial update gave a Code 4000 update problem. By DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) it doesn't complete the update either.  
2022-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules