Anyone else seen this error message
1409 5 2022-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Virgil Quick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this error?
When doing a cold start, I turn on the drone, then start the controller and then the Fly app.  I immediately get a battery communication error message at the top left of Fly app screen.  After about 30 seconds the message goes away, all appears normal and the error does not reappear until the next cold start.  When this first began to happen I contacted DJI and they advised me to send battery number one in for inspection and repair which I did.  I am now on a new battery and the issue still appears.  This happens on cold starts only (usually a day or so delay between starts).

Any thoughts?
2022-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

haven’t seen it before, but you don’t want to take any chances with your batteries.
2022-5-16
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may need to update the firmware on that battery. I will do it with the DJI Assistant app. Sometimes batteries need updates as well. Also, there is a good chance that the battery get wet or moisture causing that error, or was involved in a crash. If the aircraft is under warranty, contact DJI support.
2022-5-16
Use props
Virgil Quick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

Connected drone to DJI Assistant and got a firmware incompatibility notice.  I have now updated all firmware so we'll see what happens.  Thanks ZeuS for the suggestion.
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Virgil. We're glad that you have already managed to update the firmware of your battery with the help of our fellow DJI Pilot here Zeus-FL. Please keep us posted after you perform the test flight for us to further assist you if ever you still experience the said error message. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-5-16
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 12:51
haven’t seen it before, but you don’t want to take any chances with your batteries.

I got it once when a hair snuck into the battery bay and got on a contact.
2022-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules