Stick Modes
282 1 2022-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc93eafdd
lvl.1
United States

I have read a lot of posts on different stick modes (1,2,3,4, Custom etc).

I am a Mode4 pilot and have never gotten my head around the others.  As I think about my reasoning for being a mode4 pilot I am wondering if I am taking the wrong approach and mindset of turning a drone.  

In my mind the left stick is throttle, the right stick is forward and turn.  I hardly ever use roll as it really just crabs/strafes left and right (in non-arobatic flight).  So I can navigate the drone with just the right stick and controll altitude with the left.  I like the coordination of having forward back and turning heading on one stick.  Up and to the right I am going forward and turning right.  

With THAT said, at what point does Mode4 start to break down and I would be better off using Mode1 or 2?   I am not a racer (yet) and I am wondering if I will reach a point where I wished my sticks were paired up differently.

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing others thoughts.
2022-5-16
Use props
Air2Game
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the normal stick mode where your left stick is (up-down-spin right-spin left) and my right stick is (forward-backward-left-right). I believe that is mode 2 but I am not sure
2022-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules