New DJI Mini 3 Pro Firmware Released (5/17/2022)
123Next >
24596 92 2022-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 5-22 03:54
Does this mean I could use my Mavic Air 2 controller with the Mini 3 Pro? It says up the top that the RC-N1 can be used with the mavic air 2.

Yes you can
2022-5-22
Use props
BobCowen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491673 ft
United States

On Quick shots (Air 2S) the "distance" slider has been moved to the bottom of the screen.
2022-5-22
Use props
fansd11c6043
New

Germany

MartijnMeulen Posted at 5-20 07:09
I have exactly the same problem.
Did you get any response from DJI service department?

Yes,
They tell you to send it back and get a new one
2022-5-22
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

Perfect, I shall attempt the connection and do a range test to see if it controller based.
2022-5-22
Use props
fansbdfeadaf
New

United Kingdom

Hello, I'm not able to post a thread so I'm just going to post here. My drone hit something at a slow pace then crashed into bushes. Now there's a problem with my auto focus especially In low light, it focuses for about 0.2 seconds then It goes blurry again. Also sometimes my gimble shakes and makes a certain sound. If anyone could help me out on any tips about the auto focus it would be much appreciated. Other than that I'm sure everything else is working fine.Thank you in advance.
2022-5-22
Use props
fans967e5d3b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661624 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_E6s18eEG01BO Posted at 5-19 02:35
Hi guys is anyone else having issues with downloading high quality images and videos with the new dji mini 3 pro controller. I have a sd card in remote control but everytime i try to download high quality footage to edit on the dji fly app, it keeps saying this remote doesn't support downloading files please use phone.  So i can't do quick vids or photos and post quickly. I have to go home remove sd card from drone and edit on pc.

i have the same problem, and cant find a solution as yet. the only thing i can use my SD card in the controller for is screen recordings.
2022-5-22
Use props
fansc40d6af3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

fans967e5d3b Posted at 5-22 22:26
i have the same problem, and cant find a solution as yet. the only thing i can use my SD card in the controller for is screen recordings.

the quick transfer mode is not supported on the dji rc. You can donwload videos from your smartphone using the dji fly app. Or you can view and download them in your rc when you are using the drone.
2022-5-22
Use props
fans4da9ac3e
New

United Kingdom

Frenchtouch Posted at 5-19 05:31
Hi all Big disappointment here got my DJI mini 3 pro this morning but can't get the drone to update to Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0100 either via the RC or via DJI assistant
I get a Failed installation code 4000 via the RC or Update failed 0x027a4c VIA DJI assistant (Latest Version on mac)
Am gutted and reseller won't have stock for an exchange before several weeks

Me too! Stuck
2022-5-23
Use props
TomMG
lvl.2
Germany

In case you cannot update from APP try DJI assistant from PC(Windows).(Not sure about Mini3 but was always solution for older drones)

Hope it 's working

2022-5-24
Use props
vriendjesvanzig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 610 ft
Netherlands

when i start dji fly it says update available, but stays at 0%. when again startup dji lfy app the update is disapeared ?
2022-5-24
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JulianBr Posted at 5-20 01:04
If this is true, that this enables 10-bit recording, my concerns about grading footage with this drone is gone! All we need now is an less aggressive noise reduction mode while using D-Cinelike. This is something that should be done in post-production, not inside the drone. (at least not while using D-Cinelike)  I will have to check this out ASAP.

Hi JulianBr,

Do you guys actually see D-Cinelike profile recording 10 bit in Mini 3 Pro? I thought D-Cinelike had always been 8 bit. Could someone please confirm this is actually true 10 bit video and how does it stand up to HLG 10 bit grading, i.e. if there is any banding in the skies and clouds or other areas if this were 8 bit encoded into 10 bit container.

Thanks in advance, Mike.
2022-5-24
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

skyscope Posted at 5-18 06:05
I thought of some mistake by DJI in choosing Codec levels ("Main10" instead of simply "Main") and therefore 8 Bit footage in a 10 Bit container, but I checked the footage and from what I've seen the footage seems to be in fact 10 Bit in D-Cinelike.

[view_image]

Hey Skyscope,

Wanted to ask you if you tried grading this video in HLG 10 bit and how it holds up to it, i.e. if there is banding in skies or color gradients smoothly transition from different shades of blue / gray.

Thanks in advance, Mike.
2022-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mzp Posted at 5-24 08:58
Hi JulianBr,

Do you guys actually see D-Cinelike profile recording 10 bit in Mini 3 Pro? I thought D-Cinelike had always been 8 bit. Could someone please confirm this is actually true 10 bit video and how does it stand up to HLG 10 bit grading, i.e. if there is any banding in the skies and clouds or other areas if this were 8 bit encoded into 10 bit container.

This should confirm.

2022-5-24
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-24 09:56
This should confirm.

https://youtu.be/F6M-M7Q-NAQ

Thank you for the info hallmark007. That sounds like great news. Being able to shoot 10 bit HDR in such small form factor is great. I actually pre-ordered one just now. I thought normally D-Cinelike is 8 bit, but they somehow managed to push it to 10 bit HDR this time.

Thank you for the info, Mike.
2022-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mzp Posted at 5-24 10:19
Thank you for the info hallmark007. That sounds like great news. Being able to shoot 10 bit HDR in such small form factor is great. I actually pre-ordered one just now. I thought normally D-Cinelike is 8 bit, but they somehow managed to push it to 10 bit HDR this time.

Thank you for the info, Mike.

Yeah it was a surprise to all. Good luck with your new mini, hoping mine arrives in two days.
2022-5-24
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-24 11:02
Yeah it was a surprise to all. Good luck with your new mini, hoping mine arrives in two days.

Thank you, you too!!!
2022-5-24
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Well this made me happy, as it means I can use this new RC controller with my Air 2S.
2022-5-24
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Parisi2274 Posted at 5-24 16:19
[view_image]

Well this made me happy, as it means I can use this new RC controller with my Air 2S.

thats not the rc with screen dat is the rc rm330 the rc-n1 is the same controller as with dji mini 2
2022-5-25
Use props
TomMG
lvl.2
Germany

Would be great to use Mini2 with new RC with screen. Most likely a future update will support it.
2022-5-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Parisi2274 Posted at 5-24 16:19
[view_image]

The DJI RC-N1 is what you already got with your Air 2S.
The N1 is not the one with the screen.
2022-5-25
Use props
fans2bc44d49
lvl.1

Italy

where can I download the firmware v04.14.0117 of the RC N1 remote control?
2022-5-25
Use props
fans2bc44d49
lvl.1

Italy

where can I download the firmware v04.14.0117 of the RC N1 remote control?
2022-5-25
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
United States

Andre vd Weide Posted at 5-25 00:05
thats not the rc with screen dat is the rc rm330 the rc-n1 is the same controller as with dji mini 2

Oh damn.. for some reason I thought it was the one with the screen... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2022-5-25
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
United States

bjr981s Posted at 5-25 03:47
The DJI RC-N1 is what you already got with your Air 2S.
The N1 is not the one with the screen.

Oh Damn... I thought it was the one with the screen.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2022-5-25
Use props
fans8f36a932
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1111831 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Frenchtouch Posted at 5-19 05:31
Hi all Big disappointment here got my DJI mini 3 pro this morning but can't get the drone to update to Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0100 either via the RC or via DJI assistant
I get a Failed installation code 4000 via the RC or Update failed 0x027a4c VIA DJI assistant (Latest Version on mac)
Am gutted and reseller won't have stock for an exchange before several weeks

Some here unfortunately. Received yesterday, opened today, but no way to upgrade the firmware. First time in 5 years being a loyal DJI customer. Same error on the DJI RC and DJI assistant (both windows and Mac). Tried 100 times, I always get the following error code (0x027a4c). Tried different cable and PCs/Macs. I believe it’s a faulty Mini 3. Maybe electronics are DOA or it’s just a piece on junk and product quality check is not working anymore at DJI. I will ask for a full refund. Cannot believe they are selling a beta product. It’s truly a shame. Let’s see if the customer care will behave like Apple usually does.
8B8F9107-154C-4A06-97AE-52E087F72C51.png
2022-5-26
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans8f36a932 Posted at 5-26 09:45
Some here unfortunately. Received yesterday, opened today, but no way to upgrade the firmware. First time in 5 years being a loyal DJI customer. Same error on the DJI RC and DJI assistant (both windows and Mac). Tried 100 times, I always get the following error code (0x027a4c). Tried different cable and PCs/Macs. I believe it’s a faulty Mini 3. Maybe electronics are DOA or it’s just a piece on junk and product quality check is not working anymore at DJI. I will ask for a full refund. Cannot believe they are selling a beta product. It’s truly a shame. Let’s see if the customer care will behave like Apple usually does.

Did you update to the latest version of DJI Assistant II, also only connect to a USB 2.0 port.
2022-5-27
Use props
fans8e15719f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16759 ft
Germany

For the firmware update I placed the drone on the balcony with a little draft at 20 degrees Celsius. The data was transferred with jumping bit rates, after 20 minutes the 3Pro switched itself off due to overheating during the installation. After cooling it down with a hair dryer, it could be switched on again and the remaining 20% of the installation went through.
2022-5-27
Use props
Jack Richard
lvl.1

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-17 07:22
Why I suggested repeated prayers.

I would really like to hear a DJI higher up be asked to explain the reasoning for blocking their customers from Rolling Back to a previous version of Firmware.   After all, it is customer's drone.  And it is a legitimate method of determining cause of problem.

Wow awesome
2022-5-28
Use props
Jack Richard
lvl.1

United States

gnirtS Posted at 5-19 04:29
The RC doesnt support the full video downloads apparently.  
It should do raw photos.

Wow awesome
2022-5-28
Use props
Spipes Lee
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

bjr981s Posted at 5-27 09:08
Did you update to the latest version of DJI Assistant II, also only connect to a USB 2.0 port.
Yes, I used the latest version of DJI Assistant both on os x and windows. My last try will be via usb2 port (I only have usb3!)
2022-5-29
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Spipes Lee Posted at 5-29 06:03
Yes, I used the latest version of DJI Assistant both on os x and windows. My last try will be via usb2 port (I only have usb3!)

Ah, I have never been able to get a USB 3 port on an iMac or MacBook to work with the assistant. (That includes Bootcamp Windows.)

Make sure you have 2.1.10 installed It was released on the 5th of May for both MacOS and Windows.  

My mini 3 has not shipped yet so I cant advise if i have issues.
2022-5-29
Use props
djiuser_ne41kna7l7Nb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225210 ft
France

Thanks for the USB 2.0 tips, I didn't understand why I couldn't connect to Dji Assistant, I was using an USB 3 ! Works fine with USB 2.
2022-5-29
Use props
Spipes Lee
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

bjr981s Posted at 5-29 08:28
Ah, I have never been able to get a USB 3 port on an iMac or MacBook to work with the assistant. (That includes Bootcamp Windows.)

Make sure you have 2.1.10 installed It was released on the 5th of May for both MacOS and Windows.  

Before shipping back (this morning) and waiting for a replacement, I've tried again - just for the last run - the firmware update both from DJ RC and DJI Assistant (both on Windows Wintel and Windows from boot camp). I've seen that on DJ RC the problem (the one that give me error and does not allow to conclude positively the firmware update on the drone) is still here but it's more on the last "mile", between 85% and 95% of the process. I've also duly watched the led blnking on the drone and during the update just one or two lights (the same LEDs that you see for checking battery charge) blink. Then, the whole 4 LEDs become steady lights and after few seconds the DJ RC  gives me error and the update does not conclude. This was also happening few days before, but it happened at 60-70% of the process. So my guess is that something is happening in the PCB/electronics (maybe temperature are rising too much, even if I've always used an USB fan, in front of the drone, mirroring what will happening while flying) during the process. I can think that the temperatures on the PCB side are probably getting too hot and the system reports an error. Who knows what's happening.

I saw that this is now happening later in the process, so something is changing here. You have to consider that here in Italy these days are not so hot (after being hot last week) so again I start to think that this could be related to temperature that are not allowing the drone to behave - during the firmware upgrade - in a strange/unexpected way.

Same story on DJI Assistant: the drone is recognized by the PC / Mac no problem with USB ports. But same story, near the completion of the process, it gives me the same error I was getting last week.

Anyway, I've packed everything and UPS will come today to pickup my drone...this is the only solution that DJI support is suggesting to unlucky customers like me. They didn't tried to propose a solution neither to send me a new firmware (beta?) or to try a new procedure.

What is funny is that the drone works: the DJI RC links to the drone, I see the camera, but I cannot fly due to the mandatory upgrade that DJI requires before flying.

Let's see my next replacement drone...hope it's gonna work and that it was just an unlucky situation.
2022-5-30
Use props
EdwvLVXnmeVZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft
Canada

Spipes Lee Posted at 5-30 00:13
Before shipping back (this morning) and waiting for a replacement, I've tried again - just for the last run - the firmware update both from DJ RC and DJI Assistant (both on Windows Wintel and Windows from boot camp). I've seen that on DJ RC the problem (the one that give me error and does not allow to conclude positively the firmware update on the drone) is still here but it's more on the last "mile", between 85% and 95% of the process. I've also duly watched the led blnking on the drone and during the update just one or two lights (the same LEDs that you see for checking battery charge) blink. Then, the whole 4 LEDs become steady lights and after few seconds the DJ RC  gives me error and the update does not conclude. This was also happening few days before, but it happened at 60-70% of the process. So my guess is that something is happening in the PCB/electronics (maybe temperature are rising too much, even if I've always used an USB fan, in front of the drone, mirroring what will happening while flying) during the process. I can think that the temperatures on the PCB side are probably getting too hot and the system reports an error. Who knows what's happening.

I saw that this is now happening later in the process, so something is changing here. You have to consider that here in Italy these days are not so hot (after being hot last week) so again I start to think that this could be related to temperature that are not allowing the drone to behave - during the firmware upgrade - in a strange/unexpected way.

did they tell you what the turn around time will be?
When do you get your replacement?
2022-5-30
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Before shipping back (this morning) and waiting for a replacement, I've tried again - just for the last run - the firmware update both from DJ RC and DJI Assistant (both on Windows Wintel and Windows from boot camp). I've seen that on DJ RC the problem (the one that give me error and does not allow to conclude positively the firmware update on the drone) is still here but it's more on the last "mile", between 85% and 95% of the process. I've also duly watched the led blnking on the drone and during the update just one or two lights (the same LEDs that you see for checking battery charge) blink. Then, the whole 4 LEDs become steady lights and after few seconds the DJ RC  gives me error and the update does not conclude. This was also happening few days before, but it happened at 60-70% of the process. So my guess is that something is happening in the PCB/electronics (maybe temperature are rising too much, even if I've always used an USB fan, in front of the drone, mirroring what will happening while flying) during the process. I can think that the temperatures on the PCB side are probably getting too hot and the system reports an error. Who knows what's happening.

Ah I see. let us know the final disposition when you get your new drone.
2022-5-31
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Must be so frustrating. Nothing worse than getting a new toy to play with and not being able to enjoy it. Hope you get a speedy resolve. Between the long lead time and signal issues I’m a little put off by the Mini 3…for now at least.
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_hmiGpNV0dPFX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111260 ft
Switzerland

Same upgrade issue here, tried all mentioned methods to no avail. Absolutely gutted that a brand new drone can't fly and people have to waste time hopelessly trying to fix a faulty product.
2022-6-2
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

It's disappointing that there are still problems with the Mini 3 Pro; I was considering updating my Mavic Pro to the Mini 3 Pro, as the smaller size would be more convenient travel and regulation-wise.

Looks like I may have to sit this one out as well.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_R1706JowkQPm
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well I received my Mini Pro 3 today, the RC asked my to update my FlySafe database which it did, but I can't fly as the aircraft is locked out as it needs a firmware update.

No problem I thought, selected on check for updates on aircraft firmware and up pops a window saying checking for updates which sits there on the screen indefinitely until I switch the RC controller off. I tried updating the firmware on the aircraft from the DJI Assistant 2 software on both PC and Mac but both show the Mini 3 Pro with version number V01.00.0002 and no option to upgrade.

These are my current versions.

Aircraft Firmware 01.00.0002
RC Firmware 01.00.0000
FlySafe Database 01.00.01.27
App Version 1.5.99

Anyone else experienced these problems and on these firmware versions?

2022-6-4
Use props
msemhs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll have my mini 3 at the end of the week, but just want to clarify; do you need a USB2 port to connect to a PC??  That makes no sense.  Why would they do that?
2022-6-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules