My Mini 2 got hijacked in mid flight
2468 5 2022-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansebc0dc77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 516276 ft
Indonesia

So it is bright outside and crowdy next to a beach. I decided to fly my mini 2 to capture some moment from above to chase some boat 100m away from me. Im flying this mini at max speed on sport mode to catch the boat, but all of the sudden the connection to the drone has lost at 150m. Oh there are so many noise so my connection gets interrupted, i think. The drone starts initiating auto return to home cause the connection lost lasted longer than i expected. Weirdly, the connection comeback when the drone reaches 20m away, which is odd, but i still think positive, so the drone has landed then i fly it again. But this time im not dare to fly it too far away from me. After it take off, again 20m away, the connection lost again, then comeback again like 3 seconds, then it lost again and repeat. After so many attempt, the connection lost completely, eventhough the drone is 10 away from me. Then the real hijack started. My drone starts spinning and drifting away from me by itself, it ascending and descend by itself. I lost the control, im starting to panic and sweating, now im fully sure that my drone gets hijacked by a hacker. I started to run toward my drone and waving my hand hopely the hacker know im panic, give my drone back. After several tries, and some weird movement my drone by itself, it starts initiating auto return to home, pheww. Im still worrying my drone will get steal. The drone starts desecending to original position where its take off but my connection never coming back. Annddd thankfully, i get my drone back.

My thought here is, i violates some law flying my drone that time. I fly it near crowded place and potentially can harm people, so (i think) the guard is giving warning to me to not fly the drone in that situation.

My question, why dji drone can get hijacked easily?
2022-5-17
Use props
Dajuror
lvl.2
Flight distance : 934649 ft
United States

I’m noticing intermittent signal loss as well as video feed along with strong wireless interference notifications that usually disappeared after IMU calibration (as well as compass). I don’t think your aircraft was “hacked” per se but possibly getting warmer than it wanted and having some brain farts as a result.
Just my thoughts
2022-5-22
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Was not hijacked. This is 100% Operator error. Sorry.  
2022-6-15
Use props
fans5935ad6f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213494 ft

Hong Kong

bjr981s Posted at 6-15 03:55

Please expand on your answer.  
2022-6-15
Use props
MelvinIngram
lvl.1

Mexico

bjr981s Posted at 6-15 03:55

it's like I stole my account in a free fire game thanks to the app
2022-6-16
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans5935ad6f Posted at 6-15 04:17
Please expand on your answer.

Read his post carefully and it will become obvious.

2022-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules