Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonCW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,

I've ordered Mini 3 Pro Rc and just wondring how many of you are buying DJI Care Refresh Plan?
Single SelectVote, Total 162 people participate in voting
25.31% (41)
59.26% (96)
15.43% (25)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-5-17
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I just ordered the bits as I wanted to get the order in, I’ll add a refresh plan later although not sure which yet
2022-5-17
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Idem here.
2022-5-17
Use props
SimonCW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do any know if the Care Refresh Plan covers for use overseas, in different counties?
2022-5-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i for sure buy the first year and since i always end up buying the second year, for the the mini 3 pro i will buy both years at once since it is so inexpensive
2022-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased the 2 year plan.
2022-5-17
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I think one year is enough.
2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SimonCW. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have purchased the new DJI Mini 3 Pro can give out there valued insights with regards to this matter. For additional reference I will post two DJI links where in you can find the overview and frequently asked questions for the DJI Care Refresh 1-Year Plan DJI Mini 3 Pro ( https://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-care-refresh-dji-mini-3-pro ) and for the DJI Care Refresh 2-Year Plan DJI Mini 3 Pro ( https://store.dji.com/uk/product ... year-dji-mini-3-pro ). Thank you.
2022-5-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Damn, i put 2 years, i would have gone with 1 probably, when/if i finally get one
2022-5-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i never purchase refresh with the drone.  i purchase it later when i decide to open the box and activate the drone.  that could be a day or two or it could be a 30 days or it could be months.
2022-5-18
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi, I think Care Refresh is an alright deal.
If you are in the US it's $125 for 2 years, which is $62.5 per year or $5.21 per month...

It's great peace of mind for what you get. If it's your first drone, it a good feeling that you're covered if you crash it.

All the best!
2022-5-18
Use props
WhteRbt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3907 ft
Germany

Can someone here please confirm that purchasing one year and extend this year with the refresh plan does include the same benefits as going with the two-year plan from the beginning (except for the slightly larger price, of course)?

Thanks!
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SimonCW Posted at 5-17 07:50
Do any know if the Care Refresh Plan covers for use overseas, in different counties?

It will cover you for all accidents including overseas but you will need to send back drone.
2022-5-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WhteRbt Posted at 5-18 06:03
Can someone here please confirm that purchasing one year and extend this year with the refresh plan does include the same benefits as going with the two-year plan from the beginning (except for the slightly larger price, of course)?

Thanks!

im not the expert but i think that is correct.  think of it as:

there are 3 plans:  care refresh 1 year, care refresh 2 years, and care refresh+.  no one can buy care refresh+ for mini3 yet.  however, my understanding is based on the terms (not the price), care refresh 1 year combined with care refresh+ = care refresh 2 years.
2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WhteRbt Posted at 5-18 06:03
Can someone here please confirm that purchasing one year and extend this year with the refresh plan does include the same benefits as going with the two-year plan from the beginning (except for the slightly larger price, of course)?

Thanks!

Exact same benefits, there is 1 caveat, you need to have 1 refresh left and it doesn't give you 2 like you get with the 1st year, that's still the same mind as buying them together but in case you're thinking like i did, you don't get 2, my thinking was that were paying the same price for the 2nd year, why are we getting less for the same money, but hey ho, what can one do...
2022-5-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-18 19:19
Exact same benefits, there is 1 caveat, you need to have 1 refresh left and it doesn't give you 2 like you get with the 1st year, that's still the same mind as buying them together but in case you're thinking like i did, you don't get 2, my thinking was that were paying the same price for the 2nd year, why are we getting less for the same money, but hey ho, what can one do...

what's the price for care refresh+?
2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be fair, i have not looked as i do not intend on buying the MM3P until i see more favourable outcomes, but let me go have a look for you, although I'm not sure what you mean by the + sign?

1year $79
2year $125
https://store.dji.com/shop/service?from=store-nav
2022-5-18
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I believe the Refresh+ is the product that extends the 1 year Refresh for a further year. There is no pricing for it yet as it's not currently relevant. Its probably a safe assumption that the + extension will cost more than the $46 difference between the 1yr and 2yr options when it becomes available.

I've now gone for the 1yr initially.
2022-5-18
Use props
WhteRbt
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks a lot! That helps…

Seems to go with one year right now, as I don't know if I will keep the drone more than one year right now. I should be save with one year and getting Refresh+ right after the first „crash“ (if that ever happens). Refresh+ should not be more expensive than the initial year ($ 79), so I would pay $ 158 instead of $ 125 which would be fine for me for more flexibility.

I will get at least one year, just to get the one year of extra warranty in case that no replacements were done…

2022-5-19
Use props
WhteRbt
lvl.1
Germany

Addition after talking to the support:

Thank you for waiting. DJI Care Refresh 2 year plan includes up to 3 replacements in two year period the replacement can be shared within two years without limitation, DJI Care Refresh 1 year plan with DJI Care Refresh + is only 2 replacement. So it is better to purchase the 2 year plan.

And no prices for Care Refresh+, yet…

2022-5-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

was my point, without knowing the price of refresh+ how can you compare?  past history tells us it is less expensive to buy them together.

for me personally, i always end up buying the 2nd year refresh....without fail.  fool me once.  eventually i learn my lesson:  buy the 2-year.  selling a drone with care refresh on it makes more sense to me.

another thing i really hate is living in an area where there are bad winters.  i have seen where a huge snowstorm and cold weather sweeps in and literally wipes out the last 2 remaining months of your one-year refresh plan.  3 months later, you catch a break in the weather only to find out you have no coverage.  this happens most often when you buy and activate during the winter.  lose a lot of time to the seasons.

and then finally, correct me if i am wrong, when you buy the 2-year plan then you get a 1-year extension on the warranty (for a total of 2 years warranty), right?  you don't not get this (which means you only have a 1-year warranty) if you buy the  1-year refresh and later get the 1-year refresh+.
2022-5-20
Use props
SimonCW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just collected my Mini 3 Pro from the shop and planning on buying DJI Refresh Care plan.  I'm not planning on opening and using my Mini 3 until next month when I go on holiday. My question is: Do I have to buy DJI Refresh Care from the date of purchase? or when I open and active my drone in about a month time?
2022-5-22
Use props
gervais K
lvl.2
Germany

I bought the DJI Refresh Care plan just for one year, since DJI rewards you for safe flight during the purchased warranty period with an extra year of free warranty extension..
2022-5-22
Use props
gervais K
lvl.2
Germany

I bought the DJI Refresh Care plan just for one year, since DJI rewards you for safe flight during the purchased warranty period with an extra year of free warranty extension..
DJI warranty.jpg
2022-5-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SimonCW Posted at 5-22 02:24
I've just collected my Mini 3 Pro from the shop and planning on buying DJI Refresh Care plan.  I'm not planning on opening and using my Mini 3 until next month when I go on holiday. My question is: Do I have to buy DJI Refresh Care from the date of purchase? or when I open and active my drone in about a month time?

i do the same as well.  i always try to buy my drone and my refresh code separately.

remember, we are not talking about manufacturer's warranty.  this applies to something similar to insurance called dji care refresh.

my example is usa so ymmv:

when you buy care refresh *from a third party vendor*, you get a code.  when you buy this type of code, you do not provide the aircraft s/n.  the code is valid as long as it is unused.  use it to activate care refresh on a qualifying drone and the clock starts on the day you use or apply it, not the day you bought it.

as usual, you must obtain care refresh within 48 hours of activating *for the first time* a qualifying aircraft.  for me, i simply activate the code and then i get a welcome email that tells me the start date (today) and the end date (one or two years from now).

i have been known to apply codes that i purchased and sat on for over a year ago.

i currently have a code i purchased in january and the drone i purchased in january but haven't yet activate.  i am choosing to start flying fpv in june.  both the drone and the code both came at a discount in january so i couldn't pass up the deal.

i have a mavic 3 that is unopened still waiting for the latest sw update to fix gps.  when i open it and start flying, i will buy a care refresh code as soon as i activate the mavic 3.  i have been looking for a deal on the mavic 3 refresh code and i will buy one as soon as i can.  but if i don't buy one beforehand, i will activate care refresh thru dji.com when i activate the drone (doesn't involve getting a code).

sorry for rambling on; hope this answers your question.
2022-5-22
Use props
SimonCW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-22 14:59
i do the same as well.  i always try to buy my drone and my refresh code separately.

remember, we are not talking about manufacturer's warranty.  this applies to something similar to insurance called dji care refresh.

Hi Saint,

So if I buy DJI Care Refresh from a retailer like Amazon I just get a code, but If I buy direct from DJI website I will need to enter my drone serial number? with automatically activates the Care plan? even if I haven't activated  my drone yet?

In the pass when i've brought Mini 2 that included Care Refresh in the box, it just activated when i turn on the drone for the first time and i didn't have to register anything.

Thanks!

2022-5-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SimonCW Posted at 5-23 07:20
Hi Saint,

So if I buy DJI Care Refresh from a retailer like Amazon I just get a code, but If I buy direct from DJI website I will need to enter my drone serial number? with automatically activates the Care plan? even if I haven't activated  my drone yet?

when you buy care refresh from anyone third party retailer and you do not provide the drone serial number, you will get a code.

when you buy care refresh from dji, as far as i know, you cannot complete the purchase online unless you input your drone serial number.

i don't know for sure what happens when you buy both the drone and the care refresh at the same time.  someone else will have to answer that question.  seems to me the drone and refresh can be linked together and when you activate the drone, it picks up the care refresh as you said.  do you not get an email on the day you activate (not the day you purchased) that says your care refresh has begun?  i dunno, i never buy them together neither from dji nor from a 3rd party retailer.
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_Eq3tS2vbLZDa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1232395 ft
United Kingdom

I purchased the DJI care refresh plan and already crashed it! Luckily only the propeller was damaged. Definitely worth getting considering it’s only £75 for one year.
2022-5-23
Use props
SimonCW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-23 07:39
when you buy care refresh from anyone third party retailer and you do not provide the drone serial number, you will get a code.

when you buy care refresh from dji, as far as i know, you cannot complete the purchase online unless you input your drone serial number.

Ok, Thanks!
2022-5-23
Use props
SimonCW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Eq3tS2vbLZDa Posted at 5-23 07:51
I purchased the DJI care refresh plan and already crashed it! Luckily only the propeller was damaged. Definitely worth getting considering it’s only £75 for one year.

Did you buy it from third party, Amazon? Or Direct from DJI?

If from DJI, Does the Care plan active automatically?
2022-5-23
Use props
fansc40d6af3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

SimonCW Posted at 5-23 08:13
Did you buy it from third party, Amazon? Or Direct from DJI?

If from DJI, Does the Care plan active automatically?

You have to activate it after to have activated the drone itself
2022-5-23
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

gervais K Posted at 5-22 09:53
I bought the DJI Refresh Care plan just for one year, since DJI rewards you for safe flight during the purchased warranty period with an extra year of free warranty extension.. [view_image]

just saw this, wonder how this works for the 2-year plan? I doubt it is only available for the 1-year.
2022-5-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sbonev Posted at 5-23 10:05
just saw this, wonder how this works for the 2-year plan? I doubt it is only available for the 1-year.

i think it is available only on the 2-year and not on the 1-year plan:

https://www.dji.com/support/service/djicare-refresh
2022-5-23
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

The Saint Posted at 5-23 10:20
i think it is available only on the 2-year and not on the 1-year plan:

https://www.dji.com/support/service/djicare-refresh

well i had to dig in in the terms of service to find it...it is available for both, in case of 1 year it gets extended to 2 and in case of 2 it gets extended to 3.
2022-5-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sbonev Posted at 5-23 11:56
well i had to dig in in the terms of service to find it...it is available for both, in case of 1 year it gets extended to 2 and in case of 2 it gets extended to 3.

...and i think you are right!
2022-5-23
Use props
TiberiusMars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65075 ft
Canada

For those who already had experience using their DJI care refresh, how was that experience?
2022-5-29
Use props
Alek.Perez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42274 ft
Canada

Does somebody know if DJI care covers if you have an accident flying in a restricted zone (after unloking thru the fly safe website)
2022-5-31
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alek.Perez Posted at 5-31 16:06
Does somebody know if DJI care covers if you have an accident flying in a restricted zone (after unloking thru the fly safe website)

all accidents are subject to review but i haven't heard of a limitation based on flying in a restricted zone.
2022-5-31
Use props
Alek.Perez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42274 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 5-31 16:44
all accidents are subject to review but i haven't heard of a limitation based on flying in a restricted zone.

Thanks
2022-5-31
Use props
SimonCW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone know what happens to your Care Refresh plan if you have to return your Mini 3 to retailer for refund or exchange?
2022-5-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules