3726 7 2022-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I have ordered the Mini 3 with the RC Screen remote (so called Baller eddition)

I also have a mini 2 and a Mavic Air 2 both have the N1 Remote that I think is Ocusync 2

1) I assume the Mini 2 or Air 2 (not 2s) remote can be bound to the Mini 3 is this correct.
2) If the Range of the RC Screen remote is pants as some initial reports from no influencer/DJI Sleeper cells are suggesting can you bind the N1 remote to the Mini 3 and also have the RC Screen Bound. I dont mean using both at the same time. I mean potentially carrying both in your bag and using then as you wish one at a time or do you have to rebing after you use the other one.

Thanks
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So far all the DJI drones have only been bindable to one remote at a time,   even with the Smart controllers you have to go through binding just to switch drones to the Mini2.    I will test later but I doubt it.  On the flip side Ive never found the N1 remote to be much better than anything else.
2022-5-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 09:05
So far all the DJI drones have only been bindable to one remote at a time,   even with the Smart controllers you have to go through binding just to switch drones to the Mini2.    I will test later but I doubt it.  On the flip side Ive never found the N1 remote to be much better than anything else.

i *think* the idea is the n1 remote is ok with range and the screen rc is somehow "crippled" for lack of a better word?  i have the same concern.
could this be the reason why the standard package is release late?  don't believe there are any shortages of n1 remotes.  maybe avoid the direct comparison right away?  im sure someone has an old n1 laying around.
2022-5-17
Use props
dcrainmaker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 477310 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can swap back and forth between the DJI RC & RC-N1with the Mini 3, in a non-bound configuration. In that configuration, you get 5 times to 'bind' the aircraft before it gets upset. But realistically, on the 5th time, you can switch binding, and then next time you've reset it.

So basically, one controller is considered the 'Bound' controller, and the others are essentially guest controllers. Using it in a non-bound setup requires no connectivity (whereas binding it requires connectivity). I haven't seen any obvious feature shortcomings in non-bound mode. In my case, I've had the DJI RC as the bound controller, but occasionally used the RC-N1 in an unbound configuration.
2022-5-17
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

We will see how quick DJI will add the MA2, Mini2, A2S, M3 to the new RC or vice versa to the N1 RC or never.
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-17 09:55
i *think* the idea is the n1 remote is ok with range and the screen rc is somehow "crippled" for lack of a better word?  i have the same concern.
could this be the reason why the standard package is release late?  don't believe there are any shortages of n1 remotes.  maybe avoid the direct comparison right away?  im sure someone has an old n1 laying around.

No shortage here of the standard package I could have bought either this morning.     In my first flight the RC and mini3 went further than my mini 2 and n1 could do and was just a little short of the mini2 and smart controller record.   But with less glitches and I was sat down.  My second flight was quite glitchy at only 200m but I didn’t fly mini2 to compare.  
2022-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

dcrainmaker Posted at 5-17 10:05
You can swap back and forth between the DJI RC & RC-N1with the Mini 3, in a non-bound configuration. In that configuration, you get 5 times to 'bind' the aircraft before it gets upset. But realistically, on the 5th time, you can switch binding, and then next time you've reset it.

So basically, one controller is considered the 'Bound' controller, and the others are essentially guest controllers. Using it in a non-bound setup requires no connectivity (whereas binding it requires connectivity). I haven't seen any obvious feature shortcomings in non-bound mode. In my case, I've had the DJI RC as the bound controller, but occasionally used the RC-N1 in an unbound configuration.

Thanks, good to know information.  
2022-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 5-17 10:48
We will see how quick DJI will add the MA2, Mini2, A2S, M3 to the new RC or vice versa to the N1 RC or never.

My hope is that DJI issues a firmware to make the DJI RC Pro controller compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.  The Pro Controller works really well with the Air 2S and having the customizable buttons is a plus.
2022-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules